Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of either the Humberside Accent or the West London one. Which one do Gangstas come from?

Staines

NzUmdz0yNDAw

Or maybe Lowestoft.

LmpwZw

Banks that refuse to take money.

So my elderly mother is a person who for years has collected money for a childrens hospice charity that's based in Oswestry. She has a paying in book for/from HSBC. The HSBC branch where we live is closed at the moment for refurbishment (the only bank left in the town fwiw). So she thought, as she was off to Hereford the other day she would pay it in at the main branch in town there instead. I think it's probably the closest branch to us in a larger town/city.

They originally refused to let her deposit anything, telling her that they are 'digital only' in that branch, but after some time - and after pointing out the reason she couldn't pay it in at our local branch - they relented and let her pay in cheques and notes - but still refused the coins.

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Banks that refuse to take money.

So my elderly mother is a person who for years has collected money for a childrens hospice charity that's based in Oswestry. She has a paying in book for/from HSBC. The HSBC branch where we live is closed at the moment for refurbishment (the only bank left in the town fwiw). So she thought, as she was off to Hereford the other day she would pay it in at the main branch in town there instead. I think it's probably the closest branch to us in a larger town/city.

They originally refused to let her deposit anything, telling her that they are 'digital only' in that branch, but after some time - and after pointing out the reason she couldn't pay it in at our local branch - they relented and let her pay in cheques and notes - but still refused the coins.

That is shit, but another option is the post office. I think you can pay cash into your account there (and withdraw it).

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I really hate the fake gangsta accent that seems to be permeating through anyone under 30 now. ESPECIALLY the white middle class boys. FFS your dad is a bank manager. Why are you trying to sound like you were originally from Kingston?

They might be from Kingston

Spoiler

upon Thames

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

That is shit, but another option is the post office. I think you can pay cash into your account there (and withdraw it).

you can pay cash into your own accounts at the post office with your debit card, but you can't pay cash into 3rd party accounts as I found out when my own bank deserted the county and I wanted to pay some cash into my nephew and niece's accounts for Xmas.

• Sad 1

So finally Birmingham Council, or Brum Council how they like to be called, has sold off 755 of the Perry barr flats, (which was supposed to be the commonwealth olympics village) to a private firm, with a loss which includes interest payments of £350m+. Couple of brown envelops passed around I guess, they must be laughing. Yet another debt which the Birmingham public will have to fund. 225 will be reserved for social housing, which the council are using as the tiny positive of the whole *** up. 

Why 955 apartments have stood empty for over 2 years is anyone's guess. But proof again Birmingham Council and it's seniors are not fit for purpose. The equal pay compensation which as good as bankrupt them, not government cuts, has cost in the region of 1.1 billion 🤦‍♀️

Still get there bonuses I'm guessing? Any other firm would have sacked the guys at the top.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So finally Birmingham Council, or Brum Council how they like to be called, has sold off 755 of the Perry barr flats, (which was supposed to be the commonwealth olympics village) to a private firm, with a loss which includes interest payments of £350m+. Couple of brown envelops passed around I guess, they must be laughing. Yet another debt which the Birmingham public will have to fund. 225 will be reserved for social housing, which the council are using as the tiny positive of the whole *** up. 

Why 955 apartments have stood empty for over 2 years is anyone's guess. But proof again Birmingham Council and it's seniors are not fit for purpose. The equal pay compensation which as good as bankrupt them, not government cuts, has cost in the region of 1.1 billion 🤦‍♀️

Still get there bonuses I'm guessing? Any other firm would have sacked the guys at the top.

That's a lot of "guesses" in one post. Would you like to try again with some facts?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, limpid said:

That's a lot of "guesses" in one post. Would you like to try again with some facts?

I was reading a  magazine at work. But found this, not far off.

"Hundreds of homes built for the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham are to be sold off in a deal forecast to cost taxpayers more than £300m."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cvg3x72q789o.amp

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I was reading a  magazine at work. But found this, not far off.

"Hundreds of homes built for the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham are to be sold off in a deal forecast to cost taxpayers more than £300m."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cvg3x72q789o.amp

But that doesn't address any of your three guesses. No-one's going to make you.

It just seems really odd to be pissed off about something you've guessed.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

But that doesn't address any of your three guesses. No-one's going to make you.

It just seems really odd to be pissed off about something you've guessed.

Why you being so pedantic??

It's going to cost £350 million

private firm and social housing

What else do you want answered?? I will dedicate my night to finding it for you?

The stupid banner advert at the top of YouTube home, that comes back even after you have closed it and takes up 35% of the screen. I don't pay premium for that 

Just now, bickster said:

Yep it'll be the brown envelopes definitely… I mean BCC being in special measures just has nothing to do with it…

Maybe not on this project, who knows, have you got proof it didn't?

It'll be a bit nieve to think it does'nt happen at all.

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

The stupid banner advert at the top of YouTube home, that comes back even after you have closed it and takes up 35% of the screen. I don't pay premium for that 

I have no advert at the top of YouTube (also premium).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

This is called reversing the burden of proof. You made the claim. Show your working.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It'll be a bit nieve to think it does'nt happen at all.

Ah this nonsense again.

But anyway, there’s definitely some missing maths in that article. They quote the overall loses on the project but don’t seem to factor in the percentage of the development that is being retained for social housing stock.

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah this nonsense again.

But anyway, there’s definitely some missing maths in that article. They quote the overall loses on the project but don’t seem to factor in the percentage of the development that is being retained for social housing stock.

Grafted just for you

£496.9m has been spent on the scheme up to the end of the 2023/24 financial year, of which, £325.7m is council funding and includes £291.8m that has been borrowed

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/westmidlands/news/2089164-755-perry-barr-homes-to-be-sold-leaving-150m-deficit

You'll find it'll end up being around £350 million due to the loan interest charges over a 30-40 year period.

Facts or not, it was a complete ****  up!

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Grafted just for you

£496.9m has been spent on the scheme up to the end of the 2023/24 financial year, of which, £325.7m is council funding and includes £291.8m that has been borrowed

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/westmidlands/news/2089164-755-perry-barr-homes-to-be-sold-leaving-150m-deficit

You'll find it'll end up being around £350 million due to the loan interest charges over a 30-40 year period.

Facts or not, it was a complete ****  up!

I’m not sure why you think I didn’t read that. It has absolutely no bearing on what I said. I’m not disputing those figures. What I'm saying is they haven’t factored in the value of the retained portion of the development for social housing. It’s lazy journalism.

On 09/08/2024 at 19:23, Xela said:

Skipped yet another court hearing on her bankruptcy for a foreign holiday and a facelift. Her face is now tighter than Scrooge McDuck's tea towel holder. Bet her fanny isn't like that though... must be like a hippo's yawn.

I despise her. Her constant law breaking with no consequences has been going on for years. 

After what I saw yesterday, I'd suggest anyone disgusted with Katie Price refrain from ever googling her again...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â