Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Everytime some person goes missing in the wilderness they're always described as experienced hikers.. Are they ****.  They're rank amateurs who like walking. 

I'm not an expert hiker but I do know that if you go out walking on your own, even in Wales or somewhere, you leave a detailed route map with someone with approximate timings. 

Also, if I were to go hiking on my own, doubly especially in somewhere like The Pyrenees I'd make damn sure I have what3words on my phone so if I did manage to get a message out I'd be able to advise my exact position.   And I personally wouldn't be going out somewhere like that without a satellite phone. 

People treat their lives with such carelessness. 

I do a lot of trail running by myself and regularly go out without telling anyone and without really knowing myself what route I'm going to do. If I'm in a totally unfamiliar area I'll try to let someone know roughly when they should send a search party if I haven't made it back. I know I should be doing the things you say but in reality it's just not practical most of the time. I do keep what3words on my phone however, and have a watch that will at least give me some basic directions to trace my route back if I become very lost. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Exists?

Not really paid any attention to him since soccer AM. Is he a word removed then? 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Not really paid any attention to him since soccer AM. Is he a word removed then? 

He's on some sat/sun morning cooking show. Class A prick.

When people (99% of the time, Americans), use the term "bit" when talking about comedians.

"I love that bit"

"That bit was brilliant"

"That comedian is good at writing bits"

It's a joke mate. 

It sounds **** awful.  STOPPIT

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

When people (99% of the time, Americans), use the term "bit" when talking about comedians.

"I love that bit"

"That bit was brilliant"

It's a joke mate. 

But everybody, we Brits included, have always said that. "The best bits", "Here comes the good bit", etc. 

Not new, not especially American, not unusual. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

"I love that bit"

"That bit was brilliant"

It's a joke mate. 

That’s a bit harsh, innit?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But everybody, we Brits included, have always said that. "The best bits", "Here comes the good bit", etc. 

That’s bit as in section of the film / show. I like this bit of the show.

They use the word bit as a joke or sketch

”they were doing a bit” It’s stupid.

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Genie said:

That’s bit as in section of the film / show. I like like this bit of the show.

They use the word bit as a joke or sketch

”they were doing a bit” It’s stupid.

Oh, well, that I haven't come across. (KW) 

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think when it’s said by a US citizen they are saying “bit” when we would say routine or sketch.

“He’s doing a bit” 

As per Genie’s post above.

I’ve been an American citizen my entire life and I’m fairly certain I’ve never used bit in that context 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

That’s a bit harsh, innit?

You have to forgive him, he’s from Lapal, a place famous mostly for having a shit unusable SMALL BORE canal tunnel

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

You have to forgive him, he’s from Lapal, a place famous mostly for having a shit unusable SMALL BORE canal tunnel

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU BASTARD SCOUNDREL! 

It's a beautiful, unusable canal tunnel 😌

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Not the context in which I mean.

I've not watched this video, but the title is an example of what I mean;

Look through the comments section and you'll see things like "this is a selection of well timed bits", ""of course, but maybe" is one of the greatest stand up bits in history"

**** "bits" 🤤

26 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Anthony Jeselnik is a god amongst men. I love his bits. 

I hope your RV breaks down halfway between base camp and the peak of Everest's, you get out to see why and you slip into a crevasse, you ass.

• Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â