Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd still give her one.

She's more plastic and filler than human now. 

Getting a haircut in the heat.

I've just sat there, under that big sheet, sweat dripping off my forehead, hair sticking to face and irritating me.

I could feel my t-shirt getting wetter and I had to peel myself off the leather chair. Great stuff.

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Getting a haircut in the heat.

I've just sat there, under that big sheet, sweat dripping off my forehead, hair sticking to face and irritating me.

I could feel my t-shirt getting wetter and I had to peel myself off the leather chair. Great stuff.

Weirdly this is even worse when you're bald.

I occasionally go to the barbers to get what's left of my hair shaved off and tidied up, and if it's hot it's even more embarassing because there's nothing there to soak up your sweat. It just runs down your shiny head like a river

Which just makes you even more desperate to stop sweating, which of course makes you sweat more

• Like 2

When you wash dishes by hand and don't rinse them properly.  Then you take a glass, pour a beer, take a sip and all you can still taste is Fairy Liquid.  If I was 30 years younger I'd have probably still necked it. 

Edited by NorthernGordon
  • Like 2

Waiting to be called as witness at court pisses me off

Boring, can't see what's going on inside the court, just waiting

And my evidence because of its nature is usually last

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I occasionally go to the barbers to get what's left of my hair shaved off and tidied up, and if it's hot it's even more embarassing because there's nothing there to soak up your sweat. It just runs down your shiny head like a river

Which just makes you even more desperate to stop sweating, which of course makes you sweat more

Isn’t everything worse when you’re bald? 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, NorthernGordon said:

When you wash dishes by hand and don't rinse them properly.  Then you take a glass, pour a beer, take a sip and all you can still taste is Fairy Liquid.  If I was 30 years younger I'd have probably still necked it. 

Is that some kind of euphemism? 😉

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

Waiting to be called as witness at court pisses me off

Boring, can't see what's going on inside the court, just waiting

And my evidence because of its nature is usually last

Yes, they should call for the sperm samples sooner really. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Is that some kind of euphemism? 😉

One of those brand names that has become generic. See also: Hoover, Biro, Sellotape, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Twas a joke 🤣

OK, but you guys do have different generic brands from us (Band-Aid, Scotch Tape, etc.) 

49 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Isn’t everything worse when you’re bald? 

Going bald is horrible. 

Being bald is absolutely fine

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Going bald is horrible. 

Being bald is absolutely fine

I’ll take your word for it 😉 

Hair thinning at 58 and it’s causing me an existential crisis. Always had thick hair, kind of known for it among family & friends, and seeing it slowly disappear is, I cannot lie, more than a bit jarring. My wife had a major health crisis last year and it definitely accelerated my hair’s retreat 🙄 I absolutely do not have a scalp that would look good bald, it’s more like a topographic map 🤣

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, they should call for the sperm samples sooner really. 

You don’t want to be premature

• Like 1

This hot weather is not ideal for us rotund sweaty people. 

@Stevo985 is right, the more you think about the sweat and willing it to stop, the worse it makes it. I stood at New St station the other evening after a brisk walk there, and it was like i'd had a water balloon thrown at my back. 

If we're talking barbers I'm in one of those British predicaments. There was a time when I needed a barber who spoke English because my Bulgarian was shite. I was walking home one day with my son and I spot a barber. He's also got these fake fish in a thin plastic tube with LED lights, that spin in his window. My son was transfixed with all this. Anyway the barber was outside and spoke English to us. Turns out he's an Iraqi guy with a Bulgarian wife and had just opened up. So I've won  the lottery as he's just around the corner and speaks English. My son, two at the time, will only let the 'man with the fish' cut his hair. So there's that also. 

Now, I've no hair. I basically go to him to shape my beard and zero my remaining hair and my son loves him because he also gives him a juice when he's waiting for me to finish. After the cutting he then goes through this whole rigmarole of slapping my head, aggressively massaging my neck, and shaping my cheek line and neckline with a cut throat razor. I don't really like that....I should say something, but I won't because he's the 'man with the fish' and he speaks English.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

If we're talking barbers I'm in one of those British predicaments. There was a time when I needed a barber who spoke English because my Bulgarian was shite. I was walking home one day with my son and I spot a barber. He's also got these fake fish in a thin plastic tube with LED lights, that spin in his window. My son was transfixed with all this. Anyway the barber was outside and spoke English to us. Turns out he's an Iraqi guy with a Bulgarian wife and had just opened up. So I've won  the lottery as he's just around the corner and speaks English. My son, two at the time, will only let the 'man with the fish' cut his hair. So there's that also. 

Now, I've no hair. I basically go to him to shape my beard and zero my remaining hair and my son loves him because he also gives him a juice when he's waiting for me to finish. After the cutting he then goes through this whole rigmarole of slapping my head, aggressively massaging my neck, and shaping my cheek line and neckline with a cut throat razor. I don't really like that....I should say something, but I won't because he's the 'man with the fish' and he speaks English.

And he wields a straight razor 😉

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't the barber occasionally just squeegee your head and wipe the sweat off into his bald blokes sweat bucket?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â