Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But I know the town it was filmed in so i was contantly thinking "that's not there... that's shot in a different town... that road is actually the other direction... the pub wouldn't be that busy midweek" etc etc

It's fictional, it really doesn't matter! :D 

Part of Slow Horses s1 was supposed to take place in and around Leeds University. It was obviously not. I didn't care. 

The Richard Ayoade film ‘Submarine’. Same thing, shot around here but they mash up places so there are scenes where someone leaves a house, crosses a road, and enters a park or the beach or whatever. any one of a number of scenes there will be a couple of seconds and not massively relevant, door / walk / door. But as said, you know that’s not possible so you end up losing the film and juggling the logistics of the fair ground being outside a house you know is 4 miles away that backs on to a field you know is actually up the Valleys.

Fascinating in its own way, showing the level of complexity in something that is almost unnoticeably insignificant within the film.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Part of Slow Horses s1 was supposed to take place in and around Leeds University. It was obviously not. I didn't care. 

Having spent 3 years of my life at that uni, that would have driven me mad

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Having spent 3 years of my life at that uni, that would have driven me mad

It made me chuckle a bit, because I could see why they did it - 95% of the story was set in London, so it probably wasn't worth the cost and effort to send a film crew up to Leeds, just to get some shots of the Parkinson Building, when it was not critical to the plot. 

I guess they could have have just changed the supposed location - dunno what it is in the book, but they'd already changed the opening scenes from a tube station to an airport. 

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It made me chuckle a bit, because I could see why they did it - 95% of the story was set in London, so it probably wasn't worth the cost and effort to send a film crew up to Leeds, just to get some shots of the Parkinson Building, when it was not critical to the plot. 

Oh it makes perfect sense. Which is why it's in this thread.

Same as the show I was watching. I mean the location was fictional, so it wasn't even the actual town they used to film it, so it really shouldn't have bothered me :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've noticed the guy who writes our internal comms loves the word 'system'. We've got 'coffee systems', 'printing systems', and so on. He's outdone himself this week by proudly announcing our new 'seating systems' in the foyer. They're a pair of **** benches. 

It's systematic mate. 

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've noticed the guy who writes our internal comms loves the word 'system'. We've got 'coffee systems', 'printing systems', and so on. He's outdone himself this week by proudly announcing our new 'seating systems' in the foyer. They're a pair of **** benches. 

Is he a systems analyst? 

Katie Price. Again.

Please, this time.....lock up the piss taking munter !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Are you talking about Greased Lightning? 

IMG-0322.gif

If we're going down the musical route, I could have seen this lot at Butlins last month but wisely chose not to.  @mjmooney would have loved them and pretended he hated every minute of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm sat in the garden and can hear the ice cream van going round.  He seems to have completely missed my road  😢 

If you can hear him, he’s ran out of ice cream! 

That’s what I tell the kids anyway

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A copy of max power or loaded open on the nightstand just reminiscing of a glorious lost youth as I go hell for leather.

İt'd be like punching smoke.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â