Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

New neighbours over the road. The previous owners had lived there for 20-30 years, and their large front garden had a double drive, but the rest of it was a few trees and a beautiful grassy area full of flowers, they trimmed the tops and the edges occasionally, but just left the bees to it

A few months after the new owners moved in they started digging it all up and chopping the trees down. Today they've started leveling it out and the plan is to pave the entire thing. None of my business and I did my best to keep my face neutral and not call him a clearing in the woods. But what a clearing in the woods.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

100% agree. But look which post you quoted. 

The people you spoke about are just words removed. Nothing more too it.

Weird. No idea why that's happened and pagebreak stopped me from noticing. 

I'm blaming the global IT outage today and not the cider I drank at the pub.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Specific area designed for families so you can sit near the playground whilst your kid's are using it being filled by people without kid's, when they had to walk past other free table's to get there, forcing people with families to sit elsewhere. Bit like people parking in parent and child spots without having kid's with them, except if these spots were further away from the supermarket. 

Then annoyed people smoking by kid's. If you want to smoke, fine, do it. But why do it in an area designed for kid's/families, when other areas are available. 

I’m just confused how you knew from my post that I like to smoke in kids’ play areas

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m just confused how you knew from my post that I like to smoke in kids’ play areas

Either it's a weird coincidence or I'm secretly watching you.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really?

They've raised 59k apparently. 

How much charlie will that buy?! 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

How much charlie will that buy?! 

Might have got an hour of his time in the prince of Wales days, but I think you'd struggle now

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

New neighbours over the road. The previous owners had lived there for 20-30 years, and their large front garden had a double drive, but the rest of it was a few trees and a beautiful grassy area full of flowers, they trimmed the tops and the edges occasionally, but just left the bees to it

A few months after the new owners moved in they started digging it all up and chopping the trees down. Today they've started leveling it out and the plan is to pave the entire thing. None of my business and I did my best to keep my face neutral and not call him a clearing in the woods. But what a clearing in the woods.

There will be an ugly extension built over the garage next, to accompany the driveway full of leased bland german metal. 

/meow

Had a day off work today... lovely weather, so went out, but a lot of minor things annoyed me.

- Bloke pulls up at a petrol station pump, get out, goes inside and is in the shop ages. Comes out with a bag of shopping and a coffee. He didn't buy any fuel. Why park at the pump, you rocket polisher!

- Park up in town. Car park has a ticket machine that requires you to input your reg number. The two people in front of me didn't know their reg and had to go back to check. Thick as mince. I can remember regs from cars I haven't had in 20 years.

- Chavvy looking middle aged couple come into the cafe and sit on the table next to me. Don't judge a book by its cover I think to myself. Nah, I was right to judge. All I can hear is his phone playing loud TikTok videos and him chuckling away like a word removed. There is a reason stereotypes exist. 

Apart from that, a lovely day! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

actually-this-is-illegal-butters-stotch.

Don't worry, it was in the shires. 

Mate. 

• Thanks 1

Entering a public lavatory and inhaling the thousands of poo particles left floating in the air by someone who just used the toilet.

I really hate it when that happens.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Entering a public lavatory and inhaling the thousands of poo particles left floating in the air by someone who just used the toilet.

I really hate it when that happens.

Poo crumbs on the toilet seat is worse...

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Had a day off work today... lovely weather, so went out, but a lot of minor things annoyed me.

- Bloke pulls up at a petrol station pump, get out, goes inside and is in the shop ages. Comes out with a bag of shopping and a coffee. He didn't buy any fuel. Why park at the pump, you rocket polisher!

- Park up in town. Car park has a ticket machine that requires you to input your reg number. The two people in front of me didn't know their reg and had to go back to check. Thick as mince. I can remember regs from cars I haven't had in 20 years.

- Chavvy looking middle aged couple come into the cafe and sit on the table next to me. Don't judge a book by its cover I think to myself. Nah, I was right to judge. All I can hear is his phone playing loud TikTok videos and him chuckling away like a word removed. There is a reason stereotypes exist. 

Apart from that, a lovely day! 

Agree with 1 and 3, but whilst 2 might be annoying, it might not be their fault. They possibly might not have had the car long, might have memory issues, or be dyslexic and struggle with strings of number/letters.

I genuinely can't believe how bad the trains are in this country. I've been back here a week and had to make 3 journeys by train, which means about a dozen actual trains since it's always necessary to take some massively circuitious route. 2 of those trains have been cancelled while I'm sitting on them, 3 had long delays and I think only 1 actually arrived on time. Two years in China, the longest train delay I experienced was about 5 minutes. I really need to find the time to go out and get a car ASAP.

• Like 2

Was in my local HMV today and they had a local band playing live ,so I bought their album on Vinyl to support them 

don't own a record player, guess that should piss me off a little 

( it was the only format available before anyone asks ) 

I'm up early with my son nowadays and there's nothing much on TV so I put on sky. I think I've seen the same West Ham Spurs Tevez match about 4 times this year. All the thousands and thousands of games they must have and they just trot out the same ones.

Don't get me started on Liverpool Newcastle 4-3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â