Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

We decided on a Chinese takeaway for tea tonight. I can’t get through on the phone so guess they must be really busy. 

Idea, I’ll drive down and order in person. It’s bound to be 30-40 minutes on a Friday night when the phone line is blocked. Then I’ll pop into the pub next door for a cheeky pint whilst they prepare the food.

Arrive, order, “how long love?”… only 10 mins she replies

FFS :bang: 

Just now, Genie said:

We decided on a Chinese takeaway for tea tonight. I can’t get through on the phone so guess they must be really busy. 

Idea, I’ll drive down and order in person. It’s bound to be 30-40 minutes on a Friday night when the phone line is blocked. Then I’ll pop into the pub next door for a cheeky pint whilst they prepare the food.

That's the point at which you pop for a pint and back in to place your order twenty minutes later :)

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's the point at which you pop for a pint and back in to place your order twenty minutes later :)

I did think just afterwards I could have just requested it be ready in 30 minutes and went for the pint. Next time. 

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s time enough for three or four 

Disappointed mate, I thought more of you

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Seeing as the lad has broken up from school and the sun is shining we've popped to the local pub for dinner. They have a family dining area around the back of the beer garden and next to the play area with six table's. However, four of the six are taken by people without any kid's (plenty of space in the main beer garden) and two of these table's are now smoking. If you want to smoke, fine, just please don't do it in a kid's area.

Ok?

58 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Seeing as the lad has broken up from school and the sun is shining we've popped to the local pub for dinner. They have a family dining area around the back of the beer garden and next to the play area with six table's. However, four of the six are taken by people without any kid's (plenty of space in the main beer garden) and two of these table's are now smoking. If you want to smoke, fine, just please don't do it in a kid's area.

Politely advise him if he continues to smoke a salmon in the vicinity of you and your dustbins you  will take action to stop this fackin liberty. Personally I would smash a bottle on your table and grind it into his face spitting at him until he understands the muggy cannt

if the wife and kid get all lemon aboiut what you’ve done, just tell them he was **** out out order darlin and also tried to sell you a Jekyll kettle 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I know what you are actually saying but it still sounds like your kid has dropped out 🤣

3 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I know what you are actually saying but it still sounds like your kid has dropped out 🤣

Only to a non-Brit. Broken up from school is standard English

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

That’s time enough for three or four 

Disappointed mate, I thought more of you

Sorry, I was taken aback slightly by the shortness of the preparation time and it caught me off guard.

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok?

Specific area designed for families so you can sit near the playground whilst your kid's are using it being filled by people without kid's, when they had to walk past other free table's to get there, forcing people with families to sit elsewhere. Bit like people parking in parent and child spots without having kid's with them, except if these spots were further away from the supermarket. 

Then annoyed people smoking by kid's. If you want to smoke, fine, do it. But why do it in an area designed for kid's/families, when other areas are available. 

I was initially confused by the first post, but it's pretty obvious that VT has restored a quote from a previous draft post and it's just been inadvertently continued, and watching it unfold I'm finding this exchange very, very funny.

Edited by Davkaus

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not every other lad has a heart of gold like this lad. He was a proper cheeky chappy, loved his man and would do anything for his pals. Proper salt of the earth character.

Sure he punched the odd cooper, smoked the odd dobby, buried the odd machete in someone's skull but leave him alone..

Laughed at the odd judge when being sentenced. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Why didn't you buy a wok and go to a local Chinese supermarket for some pak choi? 

54 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Politely advise him if he continues to smoke a salmon in the vicinity of you and your dustbins you  will take action to stop this fackin liberty. Personally I would smash a bottle on your table and grind it into his face spitting at him until he understands the muggy cannt

if the wife and kid get all lemon aboiut what you’ve done, just tell them he was **** out out order darlin and also tried to sell you a Jekyll kettle 

You've been attending too many Millwall matches lately. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why didn't you buy a wok and go to a local Chinese supermarket for some pak choi? 

I’m a lazy bastard. I did at least collect it though 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Specific area designed for families so you can sit near the playground whilst your kid's are using it being filled by people without kid's, when they had to walk past other free table's to get there, forcing people with families to sit elsewhere. Bit like people parking in parent and child spots without having kid's with them, except if these spots were further away from the supermarket. 

Then annoyed people smoking by kid's. If you want to smoke, fine, do it. But why do it in an area designed for kid's/families, when other areas are available. 

100% agree. But look which post you quoted. 

The people you spoke about are just words removed. Nothing more too it.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â