Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

100 sheets?! I know I'm out of touch, but I assumed they would be about £50 max?

£75 if you're lucky.

Madness. I'm gonna stick to Slazenger 😉

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Literally got flipped off by some fat old lady with one foot in the road for not stopping and letting her cross.

I'm driving. You have absolutely no right of way. You're completely in the wrong. I shouldn't have to stop, it's not a crossing.

If I've pulled out on someone as you do by accident on a roundabout, you give the hand wave of apologies. I **** up last week, there was traffic, my mind was elsewhere and I drove forward and blocked a crossroad when the lights were on red. "Sorry, I'm an absolute prick. Yep."

Seems a lot of people nowadays can't just say to themselves I **** that one. Like your fat old lady.

Out of curiosity, were you driving along a straight road or at a corner / junction?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

8 mile straight road.

Nothing to see here.

Next!

Are still angry about the flipping?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mottaloo said:

One for the fashionistas but when/why did Fred perry polo shirts become so expensive ??

Wanted the white one with claret and blue piping.....£100 !?

And, be very wary, I understand they've moved a lot of production to China in recent years and some of them lose their shape very very quickly. Altho, I only brought some tipped FP polo's a few months back and I don't think they were that much? From memory, £65-75? 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, T-Dog said:

And, be very wary, I understand they've moved a lot of production to China in recent years and some of them lose their shape very very quickly. Altho, I only brought some tipped FP polo's a few months back and I don't think they were that much? From memory, £65-75? 

Thanks for the advice.

I am of an age when Fred Perry was almost looked down on.....the gola or hi tec type brand of the sportswear world when compared to adidas or puma.....but now ? Wow.

I get the retro appeal angle but I couldn't justify paying that much. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Thanks for the advice.

I am of an age when Fred Perry was almost looked down on.....the gola or hi tec type brand of the sportswear world when compared to adidas or puma.....but now ? Wow.

I get the retro appeal angle but I couldn't justify paying that much. 

Yes, as a brand you could make an interesting piece about the rise, fall and rise of Fred Perry. 

Probably lucky it didn't end up in the hands of Mike Ashley therefore a permanently trampy brand. 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2024 at 08:35, mottaloo said:

One for the fashionistas but when/why did Fred perry polo shirts become so expensive ??

Wanted the white one with claret and blue piping.....£100 !?

I spotted over in hot uk deals that they have a big sale on their website (some polo’s around £24 for example).

HUKD

About this deal

70% off Fred Perry Sale - free delivery and returns.

Sizes will go quickly as they only do 70% off once a year.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Too busy 'working' from home. Watching Netflix and wanking

Thats the kind of Utopia I long to live in. I hope thats waiting at the pearly gates 🙏

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia Fred Perry was a keen pipe smoker and originally wanted a pipe to be the logo on his clothing brand till his partner persuaded him to use the wreath instead. 

I'd say his partner was absolutely correct. It's hard to imagine a major sports clothing brand being a success today with a pipe as a logo 🙂

On 17/07/2024 at 08:11, Mic09 said:

I find it amusing (if not pissing me off) that 'unfollowing' seems to be some sort of a modern punishment -

Blocked! 😜

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Thats the kind of Utopia I long to live in. I hope thats waiting at the pearly gates 🙏

You say Utopia, but if you try doing that on the 106X bus, they call the police on you. 

Woke Britain! 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I guess the Proud Boys adopting Fred Perry as the official shirt of white supremacy drove the price sky high 🤣

IMG-0202.webp

And yes, I do know that Fred Perry has discontinued this specific shirt 😉

18 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I guess the Proud Boys adopting Fred Perry as the official shirt of white supremacy drove the price sky high 🤣

IMG-0202.webp

And yes, I do know that Fred Perry has discontinued this specific shirt 😉

I had that exact same Polo (in fact, still do) long before those bastards tarnished it's good name. Previously, my mates would call me 'dingle' (gold and black) - these days it's T-Dog the Massive Racist. I'm not a racist btw.

3 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I had that exact same Polo (in fact, still do) long before those bastards tarnished it's good name. Previously, my mates would call me 'dingle' (gold and black) - these days it's T-Dog the Massive Racist. I'm not a racist btw.

Exactly what a massive racist would say 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Exactly what a massive racist would say 🤣

I did think exactly that as I read my post back. But I can assure you, I'm not :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

I did think exactly that as I read my post back. But I can assure you, I'm not :D 

Next you'll be telling us you have several black friends.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Next you'll be telling us you have several black friends.

"I can't be racist, I love curry"

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â