Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Been trying to get through to Birmingham Council for literally 2 weeks now. Some examples of the telephone messages

"We are extremely busy, current waiting time 10 minutes".   Waited 15 minutes no answer

"We are extremeley busy current waiting time 20 minutes".   Desperate now, about the 10th call I have made, waited 30 minutes, no answer.

"Due to hign volume of calls we are now not operating a telephone service, please use our website!.   But I really need to speak to someone!!!

An who the f*** called the account service a 'BRUM' account. A fricking BRUM account??   Who agreed that in the meeting, "yes Nigel that sounds professional, proper corporate that! Maybe uo north it's called a 'Scouse' account, or a 'Manc' account.

No wonder they are falling to pieces. 😂

• Like 1

What I find amusing in today's world is if someone is offended or wronged in today's world, the default action is to 'unfollow' someone.

I do not have twitter/Instagram, but I find it amusing (if not pissing me off) that 'unfollowing' seems to be some sort of a modern punishment - it's like a slap in the cheek, a modern equivalent to not shaking someone's hand; a public stance against someone, the highest disrespect, and the media will be quick to report that someone has been 'unfollowed' like it's some sort of an online divorce that we should pay attention to. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

What I find amusing in today's world is if someone is offended or wronged in today's world, the default action is to 'unfollow' someone.

I do not have twitter/Instagram, but I find it amusing (if not pissing me off) that 'unfollowing' seems to be some sort of a modern punishment - it's like a slap in the cheek, a modern equivalent to not shaking someone's hand; a public stance against someone, the highest disrespect, and the media will be quick to report that someone has been 'unfollowed' like it's some sort of an online divorce that we should pay attention to. 

Personally I usually challenge them to a duel with rapiers or pistols. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Personally I usually challenge them to a duel with rapiers or pistols. 

Exactly, the good old days. 

• Like 1

Books that are wider than they are tall. Bad enough to try and read them, even worse trying to put them in a suitable position on the bookshelf.

• Like 3

One for the fashionistas but when/why did Fred perry polo shirts become so expensive ??

Wanted the white one with claret and blue piping.....£100 !?

When a clothing website has a sale on with some very enticing looking items but then as you click through the stuff is only ever available in XS or XL.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Been trying to get through to Birmingham Council for literally 2 weeks now. Some examples of the telephone messages

"We are extremely busy, current waiting time 10 minutes".   Waited 15 minutes no answer

"We are extremeley busy current waiting time 20 minutes".   Desperate now, about the 10th call I have made, waited 30 minutes, no answer.

"Due to hign volume of calls we are now not operating a telephone service, please use our website!.   But I really need to speak to someone!!!

An who the f*** called the account service a 'BRUM' account. A fricking BRUM account??   Who agreed that in the meeting, "yes Nigel that sounds professional, proper corporate that! Maybe uo north it's called a 'Scouse' account, or a 'Manc' account.

I called the business rates department yesterday and I am pretty sure the message said "due to the high volume of calls we are only only accepting calls between 9am and 12 noon" How the ****Does that work?
it was 2pm by the way.

On their absolute arses

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I called the business rates department yesterday and I am pretty sure the message said "due to the high volume of calls we are only only accepting calls between 9am and 12 noon" How the ****Does that work?
it was 2pm by the way.

On their absolute arses

More people are calling so you shorten the hours, the queues get even longer, and before you know it, you're operating the email only service that @foreveryoung experienced.

I'm sympathetic to them having to do more with less, and I suspect it is cheaper dealing with 90% of queries via email when you can just chuck a template response back at them. Proper ballache when you really need to speak to them though

Edited by Davkaus

4 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Books that are wider than they are tall. Bad enough to try and read them, even worse trying to put them in a suitable position on the bookshelf.

Having kids is terrible for this.

His bookshelf is an absolute shit show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Having kids is terrible for this.

His bookshelf is an absolute shit show

It sounds like a squash and a squeeze. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

100% performative. Immediately makes me think of this gem

IMG-0198.gif

8 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Those books are known as choads 😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Too busy 'working' from home. Watching Netflix and wanking

Get them back in the offices!

/dinosaur

I do sympathise with you though, @foreveryoung. I tried to get through to the DVLA the other day. I might just set fire to the car instead. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Exactly, the good old days. 

Bring back heavy breathing down the phone.

Simpler times.

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

One for the fashionistas but when/why did Fred perry polo shirts become so expensive ??

Wanted the white one with claret and blue piping.....£100 !?

100 sheets?! I know I'm out of touch, but I assumed they would be about £50 max?

Literally got flipped off by some fat old lady with one foot in the road for not stopping and letting her cross.

I'm driving. You have absolutely no right of way. You're completely in the wrong. I shouldn't have to stop, it's not a crossing.

If I've pulled out on someone as you do by accident on a roundabout, you give the hand wave of apologies. I **** up last week, there was traffic, my mind was elsewhere and I drove forward and blocked a crossroad when the lights were on red. "Sorry, I'm an absolute prick. Yep."

Seems a lot of people nowadays can't just say to themselves I **** that one. Like your fat old lady.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â