Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve had to knock a couple of people off my twitter.

There is a world of difference between my genuine indifference, and others who take a wholly more negative approach to life.

Multiple Welsh games going on in europe over the last few days, with most people well in to that. A couple of people just banging on about Holland and Spain and Kane. Yep, thanks, bye. You gotta stay in control of that follow list or the algorithm gonna get you.

Oh my algorithm is well and truly ****.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh my algorithm is well and truly ****.

God, never use the algorithm! Use the 'following' tab instead.

"Hi there, you spent an awful lot of time  and thought, finely curating your list of who you're following, some you respect, some you don't, but want to keep an eye on, and some that just make you laugh. Don't worry though, here's a list of what you really wanted to see"

Edited by Anthony
Clarity and er, punchiness.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Anthony said:

God, never use the algorithm! User the 'following' tab instead.

"Hi there, you choose to follow a bunch of people, some you respect, some you don't, but want to keep an eye on, and sooner that just make you laugh. Here's a list of what you really wanted to see"

I genuinely think there may be about ten people in the whole country that understand this.

Events cancelled as Merseyside area urgently closed amid fears over deadly toxin

A weekend of events has been cancelled due to a potential public health risk

Liverpool Echo via Apple news

Why does this piss me off? Because it’s click bait bollocks typical of the Reach PLC stable
Does it affect me? Nope.

Merseyside is a huge stretch for Crosby Marina (which is not a marina in any shape or form)

They’ve discovered blue / green algae in the lake, This happens every f***ing year! The events that are cancelled are all on the lake, like people windsurfing and rowing boats.

This shite really does piss me right off

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It’s my wedding anniversary today …I should add it’s  it’s not that pisses me off 😀

I gave  Mrs H her presents and card and she giggled then went off and came back with the exact same card , that it turns out I’d got her last year 

What sort of card shop doesn’t rotate its stock of cards in over a year and what sort of idiot marries a woman that keeps anniversary cards 😀

This next year so, and barely scribble out 'birthday' and write anniversary. Sorted.

57_e021949d-a66a-4659-a1fd-df82c3ef1de9.

• Haha 1

On 12/07/2024 at 16:22, tonyh29 said:

It’s my wedding anniversary today …I should add it’s  it’s not that pisses me off 😀

I gave  Mrs H her presents and card and she giggled then went off and came back with the exact same card , that it turns out I’d got her last year 

What sort of card shop doesn’t rotate its stock of cards in over a year and what sort of idiot marries a woman that keeps anniversary cards 😀

Reminds me of my mum and stepdad  - she had picked out a card specially for him for Valentine's Day, but couldn't  find it close to the day, so went and got another. Hey presto, the card  finally turned up when  he gave it to her on the day. 

3 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

when  he gave it to her on the day. 

9fb192d8-c56a-11e8-bccd-5b30791c978e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Xela said:

All these deepfake AI videos of Southgate. 

They’re so unfunny it’s painful 

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They’re so unfunny it’s painful 

Like those bloody dreadful YouTube impressionists, but now it takes even less talent

Prob been mentioned before on here but cba to check.....

Words removed who like to shout out unfunny stuff or cheers of encouragement when a player is almost in the motion of serving just so they can have the "kudos" of barking out the last comment before play starts.

Don't like Wimbledon anyway for it's elitism and it's upitsownarseness 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Prob been mentioned before on here but cba to check.....

Words removed who like to shout out unfunny stuff or cheers of encouragement when a player is almost in the motion of serving just so they can have the "kudos" of barking out the last comment before play starts.

Don't like Wimbledon anyway for it's elitism and it's upitsownarseness 

There is an exception to that, which was the people who shouted "Come on, Tim!" during Andy Murray's games for years. But maybe that's  a case of love the sin, hate the sinner. 

• Like 1

Football's over, but BBC News still not on until 10.40. ITV News not until 11.00. 

So we switched to BBC News 24, hoping to see what's going on with Trump and the rest of the world. It's been nothing but the football. 

The Archbishop of Canterbury says he's going to pray for Gareth Southgate, FFS. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Archbishop of Canterbury says he's going to pray for Gareth Southgate, FFS. 

Woohooo. World Cup here we come! 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â