Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 hours ago, Xela said:

People who get up and stand by the train doors when we are about 5 mins from New Street.

This annoys me so much. On everything. Buses, trains, planes

Why are you in such a rush? The train isn't going to get there any faster. Why are you standing up on the plane when you know it'll take 15 minutes to start unloading (yeah connections for some people, but it's not many people)

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

String lights in flats, houses, student residence halls, etc. In general, decorative lighting indoors or outdoors really is shit, but I should love it, right?

Particularly in student houses, you have to consider what it's  distracting from. A little bit of lighting can take the eye away from a multitude of sins, even if it's  not exactly the acme of lighting. Needs must

• Like 1

Summer pisses me off.

I work the whole time apart from 1 or 2 weeks away. It's too hot during the night. There are mosquitos and hay fever. It's so hot I want to drink a cold beer every day but it makes you fat. Then when you go on that long awaited week away you look like a fat mess. Then there's finally a day where you're off, and you have plans and it rains all day. And you're stuck in the office and it's 30 degrees and sunny.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are you in such a rush? The train isn't going to get there any faster. Why are you standing up on the plane when you know it'll take 15 minutes to start unloading (yeah connections for some people, but it's not many people)

I have a tiny bit of allowance for the plane as people may have been sat down for 4+ hours and are keen to stretch their legs. The bus or the train though there’s no excuse.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a tiny bit of allowance for the plane as people may have been sat down for 4+ hours and are keen to stretch their legs. The bus or the train though there’s no excuse.

But they're not really stretching their legs. They're just standing up, and then have to stand in that place, usually haunched against the ceiling or luggage compartment for 15 minutes.

The same goes for the people who queue to get on the plane for ages before the gate even opens. Relax. It's not going anywhere without us

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The same goes for the people who queue to get on the plane for ages before the gate even opens. Relax. It's not going anywhere without us

That is definitely bizarre. The whole culture around it, where the premium customers get to spend longer in a cramped tube and the peasants get to enjoy the space and facilities of the airport for longer.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's me, it's me!

I am never in a rush. Always nice and early. 

As a general, I hate sitting down and doing nothing. I like to get up, walk around. You will not find me trying to push people over in a plane to get out - but I will be up as soon as I can. Not trying to be first, just gotta do something. I am usually first in line at check in, and usually first to get out of the train/bus.

Hater's gonna hate. But I don't push anyone over or cause any disruption. I won't push over an old lady to get my bag from the other side of the isle.

I will simply be at my destination earlier than you and get 1 more cold beer down while you wait at the back of the passport queue! 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

.The same goes for the people who queue to get on the plane for ages before the gate even opens. Relax. It's not going anywhere without us

I’m with you on that one , only thing I will add in their defence is some of the airlines allow people on board with enough carry on luggage to start a department store and if you dawdle onto the plane last , getting your bag in an overhead locker can be a problem and if you are really unlucky they move it to the hold 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

String lights in flats, houses, student residence halls, etc. In general, decorative lighting indoors or outdoors really is shit, but I should love it, right?

Yeah, I mean what sort of idiot would have string lights permanently up around their patio doors which were Christmas lights originally and became permanent to cheer them up a bit throughout the dark winter nights and look pretty on hot summer nights.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's me, it's me!

As a general, I hate sitting down and doing nothing. I like to get up, walk around. You will not find me trying to push people over in a plane to get out - but I will be up as soon as I can. Not trying to be first, just gotta do something. I am usually first in line at check in, and usually first to get out of the train/bus.

Hater's gonna hate. But I don't push anyone over or cause any disruption. I won't push over an old lady to get my bag from the other side of the isle.

I will simply be at my destination earlier than you and get 1 more cold beer down while you wait at the back of the passport queue! 

Problem is if you have to get on a bus from the plane to the terminal when you land, you'll probably be the first on that and one of the last off and behind everyone at passport control.  I hedge my bets and stay safely in the middle.

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Problem is if you have to get on a bus from the plane to the terminal when you land, you'll probably be the first on that and one of the last off and behind everyone at passport control.  I hedge my bets and stay safely in the middle.

That is true, but it's the principle of getting up and going - I am more annoyed at people who get to check in and start looking for their passport and scroll through the phone to find the ticket. Just be ready; if everyone was a bit more 'switched on' in public transport there would be fewer delays. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I've only ever done this on a plane when I had a 5 minute window for catching the last bus, and even then I felt like a rocket polisher.

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It's me, it's me!

You won't though. We'll be at the destination at exactly the same time. You'll have just stood up pointlessly for 20 minutes before we get there

Â