Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

My in-laws often make their own curries and their house often absolutely stinks of it for days. Another reason I like to buy a take-away when getting one.

Must save a fortune on that ludicrous pot pourri shit having your house smelling of deliciousness all the time :D 

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Wait, what? 

The Covered Wagon is a curry house? 

In my day it was a pub. Our school local, in fact. 

As said above, its a mix - changed into a sit-in restaurant a few years back. Genuinely one of the best curries I've had, and reasonably priced too - meal for 2 cost us £60, but we over ordered as we werent sure on portion sizes

18 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Im assuming you're Hall Green/Shirley way if you're been to those two... Try The Covered Wagon in Moseley or Ginger Blue in Shirley (down the road from Sears Retail Park) 👍

A big thumbs up from me as well for Covered Wagon.

Their large/special mixed grill is a thing of beauty, and all their curries are very good as well. 

Id say I’ve been there over 50 times since it opened in 2019. 

Edited by ender4
  • Shocked 1

I hate bar b q’s. I hate that whole eating al fresco, cooking meat outdoors. But I have seemingly agreed to have one for my grandson’s birthday tomorrow. Praying for rain. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I hate bar b q’s. I hate that whole eating al fresco, cooking meat outdoors. But I have seemingly agreed to have one for my grandson’s birthday tomorrow. Praying for rain. 

Call yerself a fricken cowboy :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

“You win internet post of the day”…. “Comment of the year right there!”

… Who are you to give out that award on behalf of the whole planet?! 😤

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

“You win internet post of the day”…. “Comment of the year right there!”

… Who are you to give out that award on behalf of the whole planet?! 😤

IMG-9994.jpg

Been to the covered wagon twice.....but as I live in north brum (practically the shires) I had to drive through town to get to it. 

Doubt I'd get away with it a third time. Mate.

• Haha 1

On 21/06/2024 at 18:36, trekka said:

I've always avoided premium airport lounges.  Sometimes I've heard that they can be great and you can have a really relaxing time before your flight, other times, a nightmare where you barely get served anything and for the cost, you may as well have been queueing up at the Wetherspoons for a beer and something to eat.  I'm someone who likes to browse the shops and things before I go too.

Last year, friends and I decided to walk over to the departure gate early over at the other side.  We were there just before the gate and low and behold there was a bar that was absolutely dead (the little All Bar One maybe).  Lovely comfy seats, a few bar nibbles (we just went with crisps :D) and it was really relaxed.  Compared to the big queues elsewhere, it was lovely. 

they're hit and miss. you do get what you pay for. go for the cheapest option? yes it's unlimited food and drink but the food will be below wetherspoons standard and almost certianly the lounge will be oversold and you'll be walking around looking for a seat

15 hours ago, Seat68 said:

BBQs massively over-rated. Eating outside massively over-rated. 2 things I could quite happily avoid for the rest of my life. Although realistically unfortunately I know that probably won't happen.

EDIT : Of the 2, if I had to rank them amongst themselves, the shittest is eating outside.

• Like 1

Show me the man that doesn’t like eating outside and I’ll show you the man that’s never experienced spaghetti carbonara in a swirling drizzle down Cardiff Bay.

• Haha 1

I don’t mind eating fish and chips by the seaside. I am not a fan of eating in my own back garden when there’s a perfectly good dining table about 10ft away.

• Like 1

I kind of agree with the eating outside stuff. It's overrated. However that's why a BBQ is great because the food is suited to it. You can easily eat a burger outside without any hassle.

I've switched to a gas bbq and it's improved things immensely. Far less faffing around

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I kind of agree with the eating outside stuff. It's overrated. However that's why a BBQ is great because the food is suited to it. You can easily eat a burger outside without any hassle.

I've switched to a gas bbq and it's improved things immensely. Far less faffing around

Lava Rocks will improve that again if you don't have them. I miss not having a gas BBQ

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t mind eating fish and chips by the seaside.

There are gulls the size of small cars in Whitby, eyeing up your fish supper. 

Â