Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Can I recommend Cardiff airport.

On the plus side it’s quaintly small, the car park is about 1 minute from the lounge which is 30 seconds from the gate. Whenever I’ve used it we’ve basically been the only people there, no queues, choice of window seats in the bar, always tables available where you want to eat. From getting off a plane, you’re generally in your car and driving in about 10 minutes. Actually for me, from getting off the plane, I can walk home and it takes 30 minutes.

On the minus side, you can only fly to Anglesey or Belfast.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Old footballers telling (probably fake) stories about Brian Clough

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

I saw a funny spoof one the other day

I can’t find it now sadly.

It was a joke about those mainly fake stories. The guy was pretending to be a player who was struggling to score for him and made him go to his house at 6am. He then made him cut his huge lawn for hours. Then when finished he said he wanted diagonal lines. Then when he finished that he said he wanted squares.

After 10 hours he said “if you can cut grass you can score goals, then that weekend I scored a hat-trick, the man is a genius” :lol: 

Edited by Genie

How bad is BHX to fly in to? Flying back in a couple of weeks into BHX but starting to sound like I should have just booked a flight into London. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

How bad is BHX to fly in to? Flying back in a couple of weeks into BHX but starting to sound like I should have just booked a flight into London. 

It's not too bad at all from what I've read.  You might have a few delays waiting for your cases (depending on the airline etc) but I wouldn't worry about it.  The issue is with getting through security on departure. 

Have a good flight.  

EDIT: I have friends flying back from Türkiye on Wednesday.  I'll give them a prod to find out about their experience and pass on any issues.  

Edited by trekka
  • Thanks 1

Having flown from Liverpool recently, I can recommend that airport. Straight through security, bag drop, check in etc with no issue's. The food options were a bit poor though. 

Flying back, the airport in Madeira was probably the nicest I've ever been too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Having flown from Liverpool recently, I can recommend that airport. Straight through security, bag drop, check in etc with no issue's. The food options were a bit poor though. 

The amusing thing about Liverpool is the “express” lane can often take longer than the normal lane :D 

26 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I quite enjoyed the airport in Gibraltar, probably my favourite so far.  When we arrived, we were greeted by the most friendliest border security guy ever - "Welcome and hello my wonderful friends!".  On departure, we were sat there in the sun overlooking the runway with a beer.  Plus, their duty free shop is bloody amazing (not to do with the airport itself though as Gibraltar is ridiculously cheap for things like alcohol and tobacco anyway). 

26 minutes ago, trekka said:

I quite enjoyed the airport in Gibraltar, probably my favourite so far.  When we arrived, we were greeted by the most friendliest border security guy ever - "Welcome and hello my wonderful friends!".  On departure, we were sat there in the sun overlooking the runway with a beer.  Plus, their duty free shop is bloody amazing (not to do with the airport itself though as Gibraltar is ridiculously cheap for things like alcohol and tobacco anyway). 

Yeah, Madeira was quick and hassle through. The staff were friendly, the views were great and the food was very good and not a rip off. Good food options throughout, including at the gate.

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

The amusing thing about Liverpool is the “express” lane can often take longer than the normal lane :D 

The three of us were straight through everything in about 15 minutes. The only issue with Liverpool was landing at 1am, turning the sat nav on and forgetting about the toll road (with it's stupid pay online only feature) but we wouldn't make that mistake again. No desire to ever fly from Manchester or Birmingham again.

2 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Going out, your queuing outside, but goes down pretty quick, an if your a bit late they just fast track you. As for flying in, we are not due back till Thursday, but I always travel light. It's the waiting for the numpties who unload and operate the conveyor for you cases who cause the problems. But I guess if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Security is getting quicker on the way in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

The three of us were straight through everything in about 15 minutes. The only issue with Liverpool was landing at 1am, turning the sat nav on and forgetting about the toll road (with it's stupid pay online only feature) but we wouldn't make that mistake again. No desire to ever fly from Manchester or Birmingham again.

Paying £2 to save 5 minutes

Expressway through Widnes, M62, M6 is literally about 5 mins longer. Never use it unless I'm forced to but yes, the 24 hours (or nearly 48 in your case) to pay is just an excuse to raise more money in fines.The whole concept of that bridge pisses me off

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Paying £2 to save 5 minutes

Expressway through Widnes, M62, M6 is literally about 5 mins longer. Never use it unless I'm forced to but yes, the 24 hours (or nearly 48 in your case) to pay is just an excuse to raise more money in fines.The whole concept of that bridge pisses me off

It's very rare that I drive into Liverpool and completely forgot about it. Paid £2 to save a few minutes, which might not actually be the case as I was then driving country lanes at 2am whilst tired and not on the motorway. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

It's very rare that I drive into Liverpool and completely forgot about it. Paid £2 to save a few minutes, which might not actually be the case as I was then driving country lanes at 2am whilst tired and not on the motorway. 

The subset of vehicles on the Liverpool side where it’s worth paying the £2 is very small

You have to heading in the Chester direction AND be over half way between the bridge and the tunnel

Or from the North of Liverpool and be close to the M57 AND heading in the direction of Chester again

But the really stupid thing is that it’s designed for people heading to the M6

The other stupid thing about it is that is was built because of all the moaning from Runcorn residents about the queue for the previously unrolled QEII bridge. Now there’s two bridges and both are tolled, resulting in less traffic going through Runcorn but Halton residents (Runcorn and Widnes) don’t pay. It’s a proper result for the Haltonians and the company running the bridge and absolutely no-one else. Most people avoid it and that chucks more traffic onto the M6 before the Thelwall Viaduct which is just gross stupidity

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Going out, your queuing outside, but goes down pretty quick, an if your a bit late they just fast track you. As for flying in, we are not due back till Thursday, but I always travel light. It's the waiting for the numpties who unload and operate the conveyor for you cases who cause the problems. But I guess if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Security is getting quicker on the way in.

I've been away for 2 years, so travelling light isn't really an option.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The subset of vehicles on the Liverpool side where it’s worth paying the £2 is very small

You have to heading in the Chester direction AND be over half way between the bridge and the tunnel

Or from the North of Liverpool and be close to the M57 AND heading in the direction of Chester again

But the really stupid thing is that it’s designed for people heading to the M6

The other stupid thing about it is that is was built because of all the moaning from Runcorn residents about the queue for the previously unrolled QEII bridge. Now there’s two bridges and both are tolled, resulting in less traffic going through Runcorn but Halton residents (Runcorn and Widnes) don’t pay. It’s a proper result for the Haltonians and the company running the bridge and absolutely no-one else. Most people avoid it and that chucks more traffic onto the M6 before the Thelwall Viaduct which is just gross stupidity

The first bit answered it. The rest taxi driver talk 😂

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Old footballers telling (probably fake) stories about Brian Clough

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Also fake stories about Gazza.

Infact any footballer that player in the 80s and 90s telling any obvious made up anecdote...and referee for that matter. How on earth would the below happen in reality.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The first bit answered it. The rest taxi driver talk 😂

I suppose it is… if you don’t have a long enough attention span

Netflix not only forcing ads upon us but demanding our DOB.

I wonder how much it will mess with their data that I put 31/12/1900.

Â