Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Mate of mine saw Doctor and the Medics at a festival and he claims their set list was Spirit In The Sky six times.

This reminded me when you used to see a TV advert for an artists album and they’d play a snipped of a song, then another one, then they finish the advert with the first song again. You know it’s going to be shit when they didn’t dare play a third track.

39 minutes ago, limpid said:

You should write a song about how that makes you feel.

I know that's a joke about country music clichés, but it's a perfectly legit thing to write about, imo. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Modern country bands cover pop songs, songs outside of the genre and I **** hate them for it. 

I want to hear that Country version of Snooker Loopy Nuts Are We

• Like 1

Come to think of it, I think I’ve previously quoted one of my absolute worst gigs being Brian May, where he started the gig with the music from a Ford advert he had done. Mid gig, I thought it was odd, but he played it again. End of gig encore, he did the Ford advert again.

That wasn’t even the worst thing about the gig.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Wax work figures.

Wow, it marginally looks like a person. It's slightly worse than the person or an actual picture.

Dogshit. Pointless. Get rid of 'em

Isabel Oakeshott was on Newsnight last night, an accurate wax work would look ridiculous. There was a line on her forehead where clearly the Botox started but it was so obvious and unmoving and the forehead so prominent that it looked like she was wearing one of those poorly applied bald wigs the likes of Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer are fond of.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Isabel Oakeshott was on Newsnight last night

There's a f***ing shock. Have they ever announced her as the partner of RIchard Tice

No doubts they announced her as a journalist. You stop being a journalist when you are actively campaigning for a particular party, all objectivity is lost See also Owen Jones

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's a f***ing shock. Have they ever announced her as the partner of RIchard Tice

No doubts they announced her as a journalist. You stop being a journalist when you are actively campaigning for a particular party, all objectivity is lost See also Owen Jones

Yep, introduced as a journalist.

The other thing I found slightly odd, was up in the top corner of the screen was the Reform manifesto launch looped with pictures of Farage celebrating something and saying thank you and waving. Just on loop like it was ‘live’, but it was from the day before. I’ve never seen Newsnight doing anything remotely similar to that before, on any story or for any party.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Just look at Newnight and yeah it was referenced right at the start that she is the partner of Richard Tice... but also refers to her not being a member of any political party...

10 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

but also refers to her not being a member of any political party...

a quick glance at her twitter would show that to be utter nonsense. Member or not, she's only pushing one party

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

a quick glance at her twitter would show that to be utter nonsense. Member or not, she's only pushing one party

Well yeah and suspect its Newsnight just covering itself to keep her as an "independent". 

• Like 1

When you finally get on top of the washing and then the members of the household start wearing the clothes you've spent all that effort getting clean.

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

'Famous' bands or local bands? 

Because in the case of the latter, most audiences will take the opposite line: "Play something we know!" 

Sorry, should have made it clear - I meant famous bands, i.e ones with a sizeable enough back catalogue of well known songs to not have to cover other well known artists

people who prescribe the carnivore diet on social media always having their example food sitting on a wooden platter rather than a plate like normal human beings

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Modern country bands cover pop songs, songs outside of the genre and I **** hate them for it. 

I hate them for being modern country bands* 🤣

*=massive country fan but the 💩💩💩 coming out of Nashville that they call country music sucks mightily 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Wax work figures.

Wow, it marginally looks like a person. It's slightly worse than the person or an actual picture.

Dogshit. Pointless. Get rid of 'em

Don't  know what you're talking about.  What's  wrong  with this? Posted especially for you

as-16-yarmouth-wax-museum.jpg

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Don't  know what you're talking about.  What's  wrong  with this? Posted especially for you

as-16-yarmouth-wax-museum.jpg

Oohh. I used to love Sapphire and Steel. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â