Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Maybe she'll be in there enjoying a Guinness and some scampi fries!

The particular boozer I'm going to? Not a chance

I like backstreet pubs and even I wouldn't drink in there

If you hear sequin being mentioned in there, it's usually be followed by ... is out on bail again

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah feck, it was bound to happen, I have to go to Anfield today to fix something which means I have to contend with... the Swifties and the parking situation.

Might I recommend getting a taxi?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When you get an email from Tui saying “there’s still time to get away this summer” when I’m already going away this summer, with them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just starting, or nearly finished boss?

The answer is always, just come out, no matter if you've been out 16 hours or 2 minutes.

Otherwise you'll be announcing yes I have lots of cash on me so mug me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

When you get an email from Tui saying “there’s still time to get away this summer” when I’m already going away this summer, with them.

Yep, I’m currently the subject of some highly precise targeted marketing from a sofa company I recently bought a sofa and chairs from. Apparently that makes me highly likely to be in the market for a sofa and some chairs.

See also ‘Legoland’. Why, they ask, don’t you bring your kids for a return visit to Legoland? Well, I’ll tell you why, they’re in their 20’s and have moved out.

I know I could click to stop it, but its my dummy email used for this sort of shop purchase shit, I think I’d miss it if Legoland stop emailing me.

We were talking about it a few evenings ago, the GDPR implications of spamming someone that bought something off you in 2009.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

The answer is always, just come out, no matter if you've been out 16 hours or 2 minutes.

Otherwise you'll be announcing yes I have lots of cash on me so mug me.

You beat me to it. Yep, always starting. Source : Dad taxied since '79.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, I’m currently the subject of some highly precise targeted marketing from a sofa company I recently bought a sofa and chairs from. Apparently that makes me highly likely to be in the market for a sofa and some chairs.

I've had similar recently. I bought a set of Sony headphones. I now get endless ads exhorting me to buy Sony headphones. I'VE ALREADY GOT THEM!

At least try and suggest some different Sony products. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I get ads for 15 inch dildos. Bloody irritating 

If they’re bloody and irritating you may want to reduce the size.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I get ads for 15 inch dildos. Bloody irritating 

That wouldn't just ruin your day. That'd ruin your hole weak.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Bit like when you get adverts for Sky on demand when you're literally watching sky on demand

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

That wouldn't just ruin your day. That'd ruin your hole weak.

Yeah, it rectum.

• Like 2

Toblerones.

Love the taste, but the shape really pisses me off. But if they weren't that shape, would they still be a Toblerone? 

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

See also ‘Legoland’. Why, they ask, don’t you bring your kids for a return visit to Legoland? Well, I’ll tell you why, they’re in their 20’s and have moved out.

I know I could click to stop it, but its my dummy email used for this sort of shop purchase shit, I think I’d miss it if Legoland stop emailing me.

We were talking about it a few evenings ago, the GDPR implications of spamming someone that bought something off you in 2009.

There are a lot of people getting very rich off selling adverts that fit into the horse-stable door-bolted category. 

Also, I wonder what the environmental impact of e-mails that don't comply with data protection legislation is?

• Like 1

Â