Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Agreed. Rounds is a baffling idea.

I'll unbaffle. You all drink roughly the same thing (from a cost point of view). You all drink at roughly the same speed. One person gets them in each time instead of everyone getting their own. It just makes sense. Everyone counting out their own pennies just seems like a hen party in a restaurant ("I only had the soup", "I didn't have a starter", "here's my £10.73p").

Indeed BOF. Mrs E and I went out for a meal with another couple about 3 years ago. We all had wine, we all had 3 courses all was well with the world. Until the bill arrived.

The other woman takes from her handbag, a pocket calculator, and proceeds to tot up what she and her bloke had eaten/drank. :angry:

SURELY you just divide the bill by 2? Am I wrong? Is it just me?

We have never been out with them again. **** tossrags. :rant:

I'd be so emmbarresed if someone i was out with tried to split the bill that way.

Tight ****!

I'll unbaffle. You all drink roughly the same thing (from a cost point of view). You all drink at roughly the same speed. One person gets them in each time instead of everyone getting their own. It just makes sense. Everyone counting out their own pennies just seems like a hen party in a restaurant ("I only had the soup", "I didn't have a starter", "here's my £10.73p").

I don't, as anyone who has ever been for a drink with me knows I can make a pint last all evening if needs be. I drink slowly.

Too many 'ifs' for me. If you all drink at the same speed, want the same cost of drink, want to drink the same amount of drinks overall and want to all stay in the pub for the same amount of time, then sure.

Too many times I've been with a big group of mates where someone has pulled the old "Got work early in the morning, going to have to call it a night" excuse and pissed off without buying a drink. Or someone conveniently needs the bog when they realise it's time to get in a new round and then buys his round when half the group have left. Or more recently, not intentionally, someone fell ill after he bought in the first round and had to get a taxi home on his own. Spent about £30 in all for 1 drink, because he had nobody to share the taxi with.

Fortunately I've never done rounds so haven't been ripped off.

Indeed BOF. Mrs E and I went out for a meal with another couple about 3 years ago. We all had wine, we all had 3 courses all was well with the world. Until the bill arrived.

The other woman takes from her handbag, a pocket calculator, and proceeds to tot up what she and her bloke had eaten/drank. :angry:

I'd be so emmbarresed if someone i was out with tried to split the bill that way.

Tight ****!

It was just stupid. The waitress was pissing herself laughing.

I don't, as anyone who has ever been for a drink with me knows I can make a pint last all evening if needs be. I drink slowly.

Thats nothing to be proud of Andy. Your a mon, drink like a mon!

I could unserstand if, say, I'd had the lobster topped with caviar and gold with champagne and 30 year old port, and the other person had a side salad and tap water.

But yes, normally I'm on your side. Just split it in two!

Tight ****!

It was just stupid. The waitress was pissing herself laughing.

IDid you not say anything to her?

But splitting a restaurant bill is different, it's a pain in the arse. Walking a few steps to the bar, asking for a pint and chucking a note at the barman is easy.

I go to the pub to relax, not think about when my round is, getting the order right, waiting for my drinks to come, carrying 10 drinks back from the bar or being regimented on how many I'm drinking and when I'm drinking them.

I think I hate it because I'm usually the mug who gets screwed over.

(Look at me, pretending I have mates...)

Yes. "Put the **** calculator away - we'll just split the bill, its much easier" followed by "shall I bring a pippett next time to measure wine consumption if its easier, we can then just split the bill by sips drunk?"

At which point Mrs E told me to shut up.

Too many 'ifs' for me. If you all drink at the same speed, want the same cost of drink, want to drink the same amount of drinks overall and want to all stay in the pub for the same amount of time, then sure.

Too many times I've been with a big group of mates where someone has pulled the old "Got work early in the morning, going to have to call it a night" excuse and pissed off without buying a drink. Or someone conveniently needs the bog when they realise it's time to get in a new round and then buys his round when half the group have left. Or more recently, not intentionally, someone fell ill after he bought in the first round and had to get a taxi home on his own. Spent about £30 in all for 1 drink, because he had nobody to share the taxi with.

Fortunately I've never done rounds so haven't been ripped off.

Obviously you tweak it to suit. If someone is drinking something vastly different then they're not in the round. If someone knows they are leaving early then they come out of the round at some point. If there's an 'Understudy' present then they're not in it either. The making of the 'round' does require some level of intelligence on behalf of the drinkers, I'll grant you that :)

Yes. "Put the **** calculator away - we'll just split the bill, its much easier" followed by "shall I bring a pippett next time to measure wine consumption if its easier, we can then just split the bill by sips drunk?"

At which point Mrs E told me to shut up.

:lol:

But splitting a restaurant bill is different, it's a pain in the arse. Walking a few steps to the bar, asking for a pint and chucking a note at the barman is easy.

I go to the pub to relax, not think about when my round is, getting the order right, waiting for my drinks to come, carrying 10 drinks back from the bar or being regimented on how many I'm drinking and when I'm drinking them.

I think I hate it because I'm usually the mug who gets screwed over.

(Look at me, pretending I have mates...)

My friends must be extraordinarily honest. If someone was consistently avoiding rounds it would be discussed. We never try to welch on a round. 10 is too many for a round and would be split in to two. The only time we try to stitch each other up is half time at VP. You need to time it so it's not your turn and some poor sap has to go in the scrum for the beers.

10 is definitely too many. Bloody hell, at that rate over here you'd be paying out nearly 60 quid at the bar (albeit probably only once) and it'd take all night to get back to you. Typically 4 or 5 is the norm and even at that me and a mate of mine drink so quickly we usually just stick on our own cuz we're fed up waiting for the rest to order :)

we usually just stick on our own cuz we're fed up waiting for the rest to order

yeah I find myself in that situation ..you get a round in , finish your drink and find everyone else still has 3/4's left so you have to buy yourself another one

Explains why Facebook is full of embarrassing videos of me singing on Singstars or thinking I can dance like John Travolta :oops:

when I'm in a pub we normally drink in round when there is two or three of us and we all pretty much drink at the same pace any way so its simple

if there is a bigger group of us then it will normally get split into two groups

eg. the first three people are automaticly in a round and the second people fall into their own little round etc

always works fine, it doesnt even get discussed it just happens

when I'm in a pub we normally drink in round when there is two or three of us and we all pretty much drink at the same pace any way so its simple

if there is a bigger group of us then it will normally get split into two groups

eg. the first three people are automaticly in a round and the second people fall into their own little round etc

always works fine, it doesnt even get discussed it just happens

Absolutely what my mates and I do.

And yes, occasionally it falls out that somebody doesn't buy a round. But the next time we meet up they will inevitably get the first one.

It's like refereeing decisions - they DO even out over a season. Same with drinking - you have to think in terms of the long game.

Rounds rarely happen with my group of friends. We all drink vastly differently and frankly, I don't think any of us trusts each other to not screw the other at some point. So it effectively turns into getting our own drinks, or at best a 2 person round if it's particularly busy.

Anyway, something that pisses me off during every shift at work, price matching trade ins. It's just a pain in the arse. Worse thing of all is if someone brings in a huge stack of stuff and asks you to pricematch it. It takes forever, you can easily get confused and if you do you have to start again, every price being matched has to be verified by a senior staff member (who has to enter their till number for each price match) which serves only to piss off them because they have to be dragged from what they're doing. Or the other way to do it, which you're not supposed to but makes thing easier all round, is to get a senior staff member to sign into the till and just do it all under their till number, in which case come the end of the day you print off your sales reports to prove you've done the work and hit your targets, and they're wrong, because the trade in wasn't attributed to you.

I find it annoys me just that little bit more when you know that people just walk in and say 'Can you price match _____ mate' when you know they've not got a clue what the place they've asked you to match would offer in the first place, they just assume it offers a better price.

The plus side of all this is the little glee I get on the rare occasions that the price match actually reduces what they'd have got on an item.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â