Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Bullsh*t 'serving sizes' on food packets. It seems half the time they're only there to try and make the food look healthier, when in reality their 'serving' would probably not even satiate a 5 year old.

Probably the worst example I saw of this recently was on a pack of muffins I was checking out. Didn't look too bad until I saw the serving size... HALF a muffin. Who the hell eats half a muffin? If I went to a coffee shop and asked them to serve me a muffin, I wouldn't expect them to lop it in half and give me one of them.

Yeah it annoy sme when, for example, you buy some of those El Paso Fajitas, and it says "Serves 6" or something on it. Bullshit. It serves 6 as a starter, maybe!

Try cereal. Their portions on the side of the pack are 30g. NO-ONE eats 30g of cereal. I measured one of mine for the hell of it and it's closer to 90g which means a typical bowl of Crunchy Nut for me is close to 500 calories.

The lazy **** in my office, instead of putting dirty cups, spoons and cutlery in the dishwasher, they just leave them on the worktop directly above it.

Now I'm not one of these 'Save the World' nuts but people who will put their food wrappers in the food waste bin!

A woman at work who always asks me for help with her computer issues. I wouldn't mind but; -

"My screens are black, they're not showing anything" - Computer wasn't on.

"My mouse is working" - Moving the mouse of the computer next to her.

"This program won't let me login" - Typing her password in the address bar of IE.

"I'm clicking the print button but nothings happening" - Pressing the save button.

Then, she doesn't recognise that she's being dopey, she blames the PCs and as a result of helping her, I'm a 'computer whiz-kid'. Bless her. Idiot.

Same woman just called me over.

Stupid Woman: "Can you turn my computer off please?"

Me: "It's already off...do you want me to turn it on?"

SW: "No, I've just shut it down. Now I need to turn it off and on again, the woman on the phone at IT said so."

Me: " Yeah, you've shut it down, so it was off and I've just turned it on for you."

SW: "It's on? I need it off."

:bang: FFFFFFFUUUUUU. I work with idiots

How old is she Paddywhack?

Seriously, if you don't have basic computer literacy skills, you shouldn't work for a bank, working with I.T. - This is why we can't have nice things..

In her 60s, worked for banks all her life. She's fine at her job and being on the computer is a small part of what she does. She's not awful at that either, it's just when something is out of 'routine'. Probably about time she hung up her...erm...whatver bankers hang up when they retire.

The new BBC Sport Website Yuk

It looks like a kid with ADHD designed it. :(

Christ yes, this. Quite a shocker seeing that this morning. :puke:

So that's why it wouldn't load a few hours ago.

Anyway, I agree thenew design is horrible and will take some getting used to.

Right, its fooking freezing at the minute. So obviously we've got the heating on in the office, yet fatty downstairs keeps turning it off because she's "ever so warm". Now there isnt only you in the office, everyone else is cold except you so have some **** consideration for others. Also, if she were not so fat (anywhere between 18 & 20 stone) maybe she wouldnt feel so warm. And lastly, she sits there in a big knitted woolen cardigan...take it **** off your warm!!1

Right, its fooking freezing at the minute. So obviously we've got the heating on in the office, yet fatty downstairs keeps turning it off because she's "ever so warm". Now there isnt only you in the office, everyone else is cold except you so have some **** consideration for others. Also, if she were not so fat (anywhere between 18 & 20 stone) maybe she wouldnt feel so warm. And lastly, she sits there in a big knitted woolen cardigan...take it **** off your warm!!1

We get this all the time at our place. Ends up with the radiators being on full blast just below a window that's wide open, whilst the air-con blows cool air down your neck.

Not even mentioning the enviromental or economical aspects, makes you feel like shit for the day too.

At work the shop is basically impossible to hit a decent temperature consistantly. The heaters only heat an area directly under them on the shopfloor, so it's generally freezing. Behind the till there's only a little heater/cooler thing that also only helps if stood directly in front of it. And then if you go upstairs to the stockroom, theres nothing. Just cold shelves and cold concrete. In this weather up there your hands start to hurt.

And then when summer comes round it turns into an oven.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â