Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Epilogue: It's packed in again, confirming the dodgy contact hypothesis. Now using the replacement as standard. 

Careful with the spoilers, I'm waiting for the 3 part Netflix documentary

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Paid for streaming services that are now bringing in adverts. Want rid of them? Pay more.

Nah I'll cancel them instead. 

I could never understand people putting up with it for sky, and I won't put up with it on streaming services. They'll end up just like broadcast television before long

• Like 1

Those wooly hats. 

The stupid ones that hipsters wear. The no socks and this stupid type of wooly hat brigade. 

They tend to wear it when it's **** stupid weather to be wearing a wooly hat, and indoors, basically all the time. They've decided a **** wooly hat defines them. 

It really really annoys me. 

They're like the anti version of those people who wear shorts regardless of the suitably of the weather and make it a "thing" about them. 

Just dress for the weather clearings in the woods.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Paid for streaming services that are now bringing in adverts. Want rid of them? Pay more.

Nah I'll cancel them instead. 

Yep, Amazon can do one as soon as the increase / ads begin.  

• Like 1

People not picking their dog shit up . Whenever I see dog shit left on the floor , I then spend the next five minutes thinking to myself what I’d do if I found someone just leaving their dog shit. We live in a terraced street and it’s pretty common to find dog mess on the floor . 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I have been decorating and have been taking off the internal doors to repaint them. 

Every single hinge and screw head had been painted over numerous times.  

20% came out easily.  80% were an absolute pain in the you know what. 

Did you replace all of the hinges for a "clean" new look?

I'm in a 1954 house and every door sticks because they swell in the summer. A 5 year old got stuck in our loo at a party tonight poor little lamb couldn't open the door to get out.

I felt like a failure as a father and home owner :(

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Did you replace all of the hinges for a "clean" new look?

I'm in a 1954 house and every door sticks because they swell in the summer. A 5 year old got stuck in our loo at a party tonight poor little lamb couldn't open the door to get out.

I felt like a failure as a father and home owner :(

I didn't replace the hinges. I just removed as much of the paint as possible. 

Swelling doors isn't a problem for me.  It's unfortunate that modern doors made of sawdust, wheatabix and squirrel spit are so much better than those old solid wood doors. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

A 5 year old got stuck in our loo at a party tonight poor little lamb couldn't open the door to get out.

I keep waiting for this to happen at our house. Our toilets and bathroom all have sliding bolts on them. We've had three year olds fascinated by this. On the one hand, I'd prefer it if they didn't know how to lock themselves in, but on the other, I want them to know how to get out again if they do. On balance I decided it was better that they learn how to use the bolts. My only worry is that in each case, the little 'handle' part is simply screwed into the barrel of the bolt - and can therefore be unscrewed - which would make things more complicated. I keep meaning to superglue them in [*] 

[*] The bolt handles. Not the kids.  :)

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Amazon are now also charging for the early next day delivery. £1.99 for the pre-1pm service.

It's classic monopoly behaviour. 

Take out all competition by being cheaper, better or buying them out until you've got a totally dominant position with no real competition then wallop up the prices. 

Also see Greggs. Remember when they were cheap and the sausage rolls were as big as your arm? I'd give my right leg for Stakis or Bakers Dozen to still be around, which were far superior bakeries anyway. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Happened to me the other day there.

I just happened to be adjusting a blind attachment in the front bedroom when I seen the back end of this dog piping one out outside my front gate.

Lazy bastard owner just obviously stood there letting it do it,'s business and didn't even attempt to pick it up before walking off.

I walked out, grabbed it in a Tesco carrier back and discretely followed behind.

Followed him to his house, watched him go inside before I proceeded up his garden path and emptied the dog shit contents all across his front step on the entrance porch.

*****!

Think I've posted this before. A mate of mine took it with a shovel and posted it through the owners door after banging on it asking them to discuss the matter. 

He forgot about it and years later challenged them at a community event about why they were shying away from him, at which point they reminded him of the dogshit incident and admitted they were all cowering in the back room when he was banging on the door. 

Edited by sidcow

I hate them for picking up the dogshit in bags then hanging it from trees and bushes. 

When we were in Clovely the other week I saw a bag of it left on an exterior pub window ledge by the seating. The pub workers must have loved it. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

When you go to a house party and they don’t have a lock on the toilet door. 

Absolute terror.

Screenshot2023-09-23at22_26_24.jpg.f172ede399368a13456ec28b9b325e1c.jpg

Leave a weapon in clear sight, like this guy. No one says shit.

Even if they wanted one? :)

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â