Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I've worked in finance for 20 years and never came across any use of these things like Lean/Agile/Six Sigma. I've heard of them, but no experience of them. 

Guess its more beneficial in project work?

Depends. Agile is specifically a project management system so it’s specifically designed for that. 

Six Sigma is a continuous improvement tool focused on improving quality. We use that and similar tools quite extensively in my company. But then again we make bits for aeroplanes so quality is really really **** important. So maybe we use it more than most companies. 

Lean is a waste reduction methodology. Basically making things as efficient as possible. Most modern manufacturing businesses will operate a lean methodology in one way or another. It does apply to office working as well but it’s less obvious than a manufacturing environment

• Thanks 1

I keep getting emails from Nationwide, who I no longer bank with. This is me in the online chat:

Hi there, I no longer have an account with you, but I keep getting emails about voting. I don't want these emails, but there is no link to unsubscribe, so my request has 2 parts: 1)Can you unsubscribe me please and 2) It's against the law to send out marketing emails without and unsubscribe link, so will you report yourselves to the ICO or would you like me to do it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm one of the bore's who sing its praises whenever people talk about the Radio, but Spotify's complete inability to make varied playlists.

Clicking through a few for my lunchtime workout

image.png.d31e4b509de68a305170fa8409b5cbbf.png

And there are plenty more that are basically 70% exactly the same songs. How are they this bad?

Edited by Davkaus

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm one of the bore's who sing its praises whenever people talk about the Radio, but Spotify's complete inability to make varied playlists.

Clicking through a few for my lunchtime workout

image.png.d31e4b509de68a305170fa8409b5cbbf.png

And there are plenty more that are basically 70% exactly the same songs. How are they this bad?

Same for country playlists, 90s country you say? Here have this Billy Currington track from 2006, 2000s country, what about this billy currington track from 2006. Its the same small group of songs spread across a large number of playlists. 

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

2) It's against the law to send out marketing emails without and unsubscribe link, so will you report yourselves to the ICO or would you like me to do it?

It's not a marketing email. They are a mutual and will be legally compelled to send the emails to anyone who has a voting right. They maybe wrong in believing you have a voting right but there is no legal reason to have an unsubscribe option

I imagine that in the distant future technology will have advanced to such a point that you can listen specifically to the music you want to listen to.

And it shall be known as the C90.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's not a marketing email. They are a mutual and will be legally compelled to send the emails to anyone who has a voting right. They maybe wrong in believing you have a voting right but there is no legal reason to have an unsubscribe option

Let's see. I've complained to the ICO anyway.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I imagine that in the distant future technology will have advanced to such a point that you can listen specifically to the music you want to listen to.

And it shall be known as the C90.

Well we are a long way off that you damn Gen Zer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Well we are a long way off that you damn Gen Zer.

Lost art, finishing the last song at the end of the tape.

Eventually, just like we go to mock Saxon villages to see people whittle turnips, future generations will watch in awe as someone wearing tight denim and leg warmers matches the end of Town Called Malice with the end of a 45 minute length of tape.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I think he's Gen Zer fluid 🙄

Get what you can get innit.

• Haha 2

What the hell is going on with Facebook's morality police? I screenshotted the Readly 'invite a friend' page (below left) and commented for a mate's benefit. I instantly got a warning (below right). How does this make any sense whatsoever? And there's more (see my next post). 

GridArt_20230629_173333496.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

And then... I was commenting on a post by US singer/songwriter Tom Russell, who should have been gigging in the UK this week, but had to cancel due to illness. My comment and the immediate Facebook admonition are below. WTAF? 

Screenshot_2023-06-29-17-29-46-06_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Lean is a waste reduction methodology. Basically making things as efficient as possible. Most modern manufacturing businesses will operate a lean methodology in one way or another. It does apply to office working as well but it’s less obvious than a manufacturing environment

We do that. Its called cost cutting (aka 'streamlining') - basically not replacing people who leave and spreading their work out to others, until they have mental breakdowns and have to leave themselves. Still, reduces costs. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What the hell is going on with Facebook's morality police? I screenshotted the Readly 'invite a friend' page (below left) and commented for a mate's benefit. I instantly got a warning (below right). How does this make any sense whatsoever? And there's more (see my next post). 

GridArt_20230629_173333496.jpg

Probably just been unlucky because you used some words that have appeared in a viral post that was banned.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

Probably just been unlucky because you used some words that have appeared in a viral post that was banned.

Makes no sense. 

Screenshot_2023-06-29-19-17-25-81_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Makes no sense. 

Screenshot_2023-06-29-19-17-25-81_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

It says it was removed because it was similar to other comments that were removed for not following the community standards.

So you wrote “I was initially a little resistant to….” which is entirely innocent but potentially the same string of words that were on a widespread spam or scam post that went viral on the site.

eg “I was initially a little resistant to cheating on my husband but since I joined neighbourhood hookup dot com I have never been happier” 

Fb are very trigger happy at times when blocking content and it looks like your post tripped one of their algorithms.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It says it was removed because it was similar to other comments that were removed for not following the community standards.

So you wrote “I was initially a little resistant to….” which is entirely innocent but potentially the same string of words that were on a widespread spam or scam post that went viral on the site.

eg “I was initially a little resistant to cheating on my husband but since I joined neighbourhood hookup dot com I have never been happier” 

Fb are very trigger happy at times when blocking content and it looks like your post tripped one of their algorithms.

A mate of mine was wondering if you had any more information about neighbourhood hookup dot? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Different post. The supposedly anti-spam/scam one was in response to: 

"Hope you're feeling better, Tom, and that the Yorkshire dates can be resheduled". 

The one where I recommended Readly, with the screenshot (which *might*, at a pinch, be seen as spam), actually got blocked because it didn't "follow their standards on nudity or sexual activity"! 

Mad. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

We do that. Its called cost cutting (aka 'streamlining') - basically not replacing people who leave and spreading their work out to others, until they have mental breakdowns and have to leave themselves. Still, reduces costs. 

😂😂

yeah. It’s not that 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â