Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The Disney Plus interface. It's awful and not user friendly.

Yes!

It's **** shit.

And not just the visuals, the functionality is crap. A number of times recently I've had to watch a movie on there in two chunks and every time I've gone back it hasn't saved my exact place where I left off. It's just a random point in the movie.

Then when you try and fast forward or rewind, one press of the button and it goes at a snail's pace (2x), then one more press and it goes at about 50x. So it's very difficult to fast forward accurately

It's like they're trying to make it hard for you

Or Spotify when I'm mid pod cast and listen to something else in between.

Clicking the podcast again takes me to the most recent episode rather than the one I was listening to.  Mega annoying when listening in the car.

On 18/06/2023 at 09:16, Seat68 said:

Joel Corry. 

Joel Corry is a Producer and DJ. Amongst other popular songs he is responsible for Lionheart by Joel Corry featuring Tom Grennan. Joel Corry must provide the vocals and Tom Grennan must help. No. Tom Grennan sings all of the song, Joel Corry supplies no vocals. OK, he must have written it. Take the credit, all his own work. Joel Corry is one of 9 songwriters. As is Grennan, so nothing there to single him out as deserving top billing. Producer? Yes, but as are 2 other people. So what does he do, I am at a loss as to what Joel Corry, Jax Jones and their ilk do to deserve top billing over the vocalist. Why isn't it Nova Wav featuring Beyonce or Fred Again featuring Ed Sheeran?

Do you have a similar annoyance with David Guetta?

Both Joel Corry and Guetta are the main producers and part 'songwriters'. They do the majority of the work and it makes sense to have it under 1 banner, not have each of their songs under a different producer or songwriter because one of them did a bit more each different song. I guess the simplest way to think of it is a unified branding. When i hear a song by David Guetta or Joel Corry i know exactly what i'm going to get.

The singer for vocals is almost irrelevant, they could get a 1000 different vocalists to sing that bit and it wouldn't really change the song or it's impact.

Why not with the Beyonce or Sheeran song - well they are a massive brand in their own right and therefore again it makes sense to unify all their music under that banner. You wouldn't get some other vocalist in to do Beyonce's or Sheeran's singing - we recognise their voice when we hear it.

24 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You wouldn't get some other vocalist in to do Beyonce's or Sheeran's singing - we recognise their voice when we hear it and immediately switch to another station to avoid the shite. 

spacer.png

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Do you have a similar annoyance with David Guetta?

Both Joel Corry and Guetta are the main producers and part 'songwriters'. They do the majority of the work and it makes sense to have it under 1 banner, not have each of their songs under a different producer or songwriter because one of them did a bit more each different song. I guess the simplest way to think of it is a unified branding. When i hear a song by David Guetta or Joel Corry i know exactly what i'm going to get.

The singer for vocals is almost irrelevant, they could get a 1000 different vocalists to sing that bit and it wouldn't really change the song or it's impact.

Why not with the Beyonce or Sheeran song - well they are a massive brand in their own right and therefore again it makes sense to unify all their music under that banner. You wouldn't get some other vocalist in to do Beyonce's or Sheeran's singing - we recognise their voice when we hear it.

This is a good answer, it was more of an I wonder more than it pissing me off. I would say though, David Guetta is a big brand like you say, in his earlier days, the artists are less well known than him and as time has gone on, they are of the same stature or bigger than him. Joel Corry, its arguable that his featured acts are bigger than him, MNEK, Grennan, Becky Hill, Mabel, certainly as name recognition. That said I dont know how a studio or writing session might be, and it could be that of the 9 songwriters, Corry is doing the most work and of the 3 producers, the others are there to make up the numbers. I did look at his other releases though and I don't know, he has a lot of help. Some of them are bigger names than him, or certainly as producers more respected than him.

Looking into him did open up something that I wasnt aware of and its "Ghost producers", thats interesting.

That new Lotto advert with the 2 gay men is the most pathetic example of a marketing company trying to get with the times I have seen on tv. It's nearly as bad as the last one, where the guy chases his lottery ticket, only for it to be caught by some non binary, geezer, girl, chap!

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

That new Lotto advert with the 2 gay men is the most pathetic example of a marketing company trying to get with the times I have seen on tv. It's nearly as bad as the last one, where the guy chases his lottery ticket, only for it to be caught by some non binary, geezer, girl, chap!

Yeah this fashion for being gay. It's ridiculous. It will pass and the UK will be all hetero again. Don't even get me started on the car advert with 2 lesbians. 

• Like 2

Just now, Seat68 said:

Yeah this fashion for being gay. It's ridiculous. It will pass and the UK will be all hetero again. Don't even get me started on the car advert with 2 lesbians. 

I can handle the car advert, it's pretty well put across. It's just blatantly obvious sometimes when a company are trying far to hard. Most of the Lotto adverts, even the non diverse ones are terrible. 

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Pics or GTFO 

It's TV marketing mate. It'll be one with short hair, the other will be moderately pretty. Usually starts with them being best friends when kids and then becoming lesbians around 25, possibly growing old together.

Unfortunately, no adverts of purchasing an estate car, them both getting in the back nekid, an getting it on, as you may have thought. 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's TV marketing mate. It'll be one with short hair, the other will be moderately pretty. Usually starts with them being best friends when kids and then becoming lesbians around 25, possibly growing old together.

Unfortunately, no adverts of purchasing an estate car, them both getting in the back nekid, an getting it on, as you may have thought. 😂

not in the films I watch

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I can handle the car advert, it's pretty well put across. It's just blatantly obvious sometimes when a company are trying far to hard. Most of the Lotto adverts, even the non diverse ones are terrible. 

It's men that you don't like then. You don't like men having a life together but lesbians. That's acceptable. This day and age gay men on an ad is normal, it's reflective of life and the community. 

• Like 3

It's an ad that highlights that you shouldn't stop believing. One day it could be you and they illustrate it well by showing a couple and the pipe dream of equal marriage, they didn't stop believing. I think it's a well done ad. As for a rainbow flag, I would celebrate that name calling, every single gay and bi man and woman I have met or call a friend are pretty cool, so that dig didn't hit I'm afraid. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's an ad that highlights that you shouldn't stop believing. One day it could be you and they illustrate it well by showing a couple and the pipe dream of equal marriage, they didn't stop believing. I think it's a well done ad. As for a rainbow flag, I would celebrate that name calling, every single gay and bi man and woman I have met or call a friend are pretty cool, so that dig didn't hit I'm afraid. 

That's your opinion, an that's fine, but I am entitled to my opinion without being called out as a hater surely?

It certainly wasn't a dig, just thought you may have some issues yourself, cause straight away you thought I hated it because there was gay men on a tv advert, an suggested it may be okay for me if it was lesbians. I actually don't like some adverts with straight people in aswell shockingly, would you be so quick to judge if I mention one of those??

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

You consistently make digs at gender fluid and trans people. I take from your posts you have issues with anything non traditional. That's the perception from your posts. You had an issue with an ad as it had 2 gay men in it and it's a merketing ploy to get with the times, but no issue with lesbians selling a car, arguably you might say it's a marketing ploy. None of them are marketing ploys, they are reflective of life. Sainsbury's didn't use black actors as a marketing ploy and similarly this isn't a marketing ploy, it's life. 

By definition, they are all marketing ploys be it homosexual, lesbian, smash aliens, meerkats, nutters, selling dime bars, female, admirals, people who remember the telephone number of funeral plan providers at social gatherings, weetabix skinheads, horses running wild through council estates, 0898 212121 numbers, getting stuck in golf bunkers and smoking a cigar etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

By definition, they are all marketing ploys be it homosexual, lesbian, smash aliens, meerkats, nutters, selling dime bars, female, admirals, people who remember the telephone number of funeral plan providers at social gatherings, weetabix skinheads, horses running wild through council estates, 0898 212121 numbers, getting stuck in golf bunkers and smoking a cigar etc

Indeed but do they feature 2 gay men in a marketing ploy to get with the times?

42 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

not in the films I watch

Utter filth, I don't know how you live with yourself, I would never stoop so low. 

Possibly. 

A. 

Fib. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You consistently make digs at gender fluid and trans people. I take from your posts you have issues with anything non traditional. That's the perception from your posts. You had an issue with an ad as it had 2 gay men in it and it's a marketing ploy to get with the times, but no issue with lesbians selling a car, arguably you might say it's a marketing ploy. None of them are marketing ploys, they are reflective of life. Sainsbury's didn't use black actors as a marketing ploy and similarly this isn't a marketing ploy, it's life. 

BIB. When you mention the sexuality of the couple as being straight I will concede but as you are unlikely to do that I will wait. 

This ain't Twitter mate, so please don't judge me from a few comments

An I don't have digs, I make comments. If someone has the belief that calling yourself non binary is bollocks, please just accept it's there opinion, weather right or wrong.

Anyway, we are off topic on here.

Edited by foreveryoung

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â