Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I hate him with every fiber of my being. 

I think he’s doing it deliberately, he’s called me at lunch time twice this week too. 

He’s a contractor and he’s like a walking management course. He’s sizing me up I think. 

He wanted to have a meeting face to face this week with our team (10 people). Nobody else went it :lol: We did the meeting over Teams.

He’d be a nightmare if he was your boss. The type of boss to say he did 70 hours last week so why aren’t you doing the same. As it is though he’s not permanent so it’s like a lower rank and you can see he hates it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Not too bad at all. Mine was £108 for a plug and coil and 45 mins of labour.

For and ignition coil on an Audi?

F*** me, we used to have 2 go at once and would pay $1000+, and that was over 10 years ago.   Might have been cheaper to ship the car to Birmingham to get it serviced.

11 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

People that book meetings for lunch time. They can see my calendar is packed, with a short 30 minute break most days so I can sort myself out a bit of lunch between meetings.

Yes - agree that is annoying.

My usual tactic in response to that one will be to decline the meeting 5 minutes before it is due to start and then stick the do not disturb on.

For lunch time meetings unless it is something mega urgent then I'm not going. Pick a sensible time FFS!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I have a colleague in the new team I’m in, he’s a cold caller. Does my **** head in. He calls really early too (before 8). 

Don't have a company phone anymore, but the first thing I did when I installed Teams was set office hours, and mute all notifications outside of 9-5 Monday-Friday. I occasionally check in outside of that if I feel like it, but I'm not letting people from work harass me outside of when I'm working, sod that

If I still had a phone, it'd be on silent outside of those hours as well, maybe to anyone except my boss for emergencies

Edited by Davkaus

People who can't pronounce "th". Not so much at the start of words like three. But when it's every occasion it drives me mad.

"and ven I did some maffs on it and a levver belt is cheaper van a plastic one and verr are free of vem over verr"

Speak properly you word removed

(I apologise to anyone with this particular speech impedement)

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

People who can't pronounce "th". Not so much at the start of words like three. But when it's every occasion it drives me mad.

"and ven I did some maffs on it and a levver belt is cheaper van a plastic one and verr are free of vem over verr"

you went a way i wasnt expecting, mines "th" and "f" - the way i speak thought, fought and fort are the same word for example, i dont even try anymore 

not sure if thats a kiddy thing

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

you went a way i wasnt expecting, mines "th" and "f" - the way i speak thought, fought and fort are the same word for example, i dont even try anymore 

Yeah weirdly that doesn't annoy me.

It's when it creeps into the middle of words for some reason it grates on me. I've got a program manager I'm working with now and he does it permanently and every time he speaks it's like nails on a chalkboard

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't rant then apologise. You eever mean it or you don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A girl I went to school with couldn't pronounce Hospital.

It went something like Opsical.

I thought at the time and still think she was just totally committed to being as Brummie as possible and felt literally every word had to have it's own lilt even if most others just said the word properly.

My kids have an annoying habit of saying 'What?' (not even pardon!) after anything you've said to them and then before you can repeat yourself, they go on and answer what it was you asked them - by which time my pi55 has boiled sufficiently that I've probably forgotten what it was I asked them in the first place!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I used to have that, didn't even realise until I moved and people took the piss :blush: Took a lot of conscious effort for months but I trained myself out of it

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A girl I went to school with couldn't pronounce Hospital.

It went something like Opsical.

I thought at the time and still think she was just totally committed to being as Brummie as possible and felt literally every word had to have it's own lilt even if most others just said the word properly.

When I was a kid I always thought my mum kept her purse in her hambag.

• Haha 3

I'll save a repeat of my bête noir (the mispronunciation of 'the') for later, as I post it so regularly. 

This time - the dropping of 'g's. Very common (in every sense) these days. Sample offender - Alex Scott. "Singing and dancing" becomes "singin' and dancin'". Sets my teeth on edge. 

5 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

My kids have an annoying habit of saying 'What?' (not even pardon!) after anything you've said to them and then before you can repeat yourself, they go on and answer what it was you asked them - by which time my pi55 has boiled sufficiently that I've probably forgotten what it was I asked them in the first place!

A bloke I work with does that. It's like a reflex, literally everything you say to him "what?" 

It takes all of my willpower not to say "you heard" back at him. I think it's just a mechanism to buy thinking time, even if it isn't needed. 

And believe it or not, this is actually the most redeeming feature of the man.. Someone else on here knows exactly who I'm talking about 😁

5 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

When I was a kid I always thought my mum kept her purse in her hambag.

When I was a kid I used to think the food was a handburger, because you eat it with your hand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

that's basically every southerner male under the age of 30 , who thinks sounding like a shit Danny Dyer is a good thing ,  isn't it ?  

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'll save a repeat of my bête noir (the mispronunciation of 'the') for later, as I post it so regularly. 

This time - the dropping of 'g's. Very common (in every sense) these days. Sample offender - Alex Scott. "Singing and dancing" becomes "singin' and dancin'". Sets my teeth on edge. 

Oh man, she does my head in, and she's everywhere. There is another ex female footballer who's far worse though, I almost need a translator. 

I mean, OK it's not their fault. But like Carragher these people are paid to talk. Actually paid to do something they're not very good at because they used to do something they were good at.  Surely of the hundreds of other ex footballers around there must be some who can string a few coherent sentences together? 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

her and others are one of my pet hates ....  TV stations seem to think inclusivity means employing people with fake accents who deliberately butcher the English language 

We don't need to go back to the 1950's style BBC presenter who spoke with a plum in his mouth , but there should be a little bit of standards applied  

but maybe I'm turning into one of those old men who yell at clouds 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â