Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My heating came on this morning because the bathroom window was open and old air drifted straight on to the thermostat. 

I'm not sure how long it was on for but couldn't have been more than 2 hours.  The smart meter had us about £1 ahead of where I was expecting us to be, so we may be looking at £1 to £2 ish per hour to have the heating on PRE October increases ☹️

b7daf69d-f004-4ea8-b1e3-40ecf5689159_tex

On 24/05/2022 at 22:39, sidcow said:

The double standards in reporting about the Queen Elizabeth Crossrail line compared to HS2. 

It's a massively expensive railway line that has overrun by years. 

They even had the cheek to say it will benefit the Economy of London and the rest of the country. How? How the **** do the people of Hull benefit from Londoners having a quicker journey? 

They justified the massive cost by saying it was a railway to serve and solve transport issues for the next 150 years. 

Yet I don't think I've ever seen one single report about HS2 that doesn't mention the word controversial, and often potential white elephant. 

It's so obvious the double standards are because one serves London purely and the other serves the rest of the country that the London bias press don't care about or even understand.

Funny how these things are never reported in the main press. They're normally too busy reinforcing their "controversial" message. 

https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/planning-construction-news/hs2-chiltern-grassland-transformation-project-lays-first-million-cubic-metres-of-chalk/115596/

HS2 Chiltern grassland transformation project celebrates laying first million cubic metres of chalk

The HS2 Chiltern grassland transformation project is using excavated materials from the Chiltern tunnels to create chalk grassland in the surrounding site

The HS2 Chiltern grassland transformation project on HS2’s largest construction site has celebrated laying out the first million cubic metres of reused chalk around the south portal of the Chiltern tunnel.

The HS2 Chiltern grassland transformation project is using excavated materials from the Chiltern tunnels to create chalk grassland in the surrounding site

The HS2 Chiltern grassland transformation project on HS2’s largest construction site has celebrated laying out the first million cubic metres of reused chalk around the south portal of the Chiltern tunnel.

Ninety hectares of chalk grassland will be seeded into re-profiled soil layers. This will sit alongside new areas of woodland, wood pasture and wetlands, including almost 65,000 trees and shrubs of 32 species and nearly 3.5km of new hedgerows.

Lime-rich, but low in nutrients, the thin soil holds little water and drains well. These conditions encourage a huge variety of smaller herbs and wildflowers and over 40 plant species can be found in one square metre of grassland, including some of the UK’s rarest orchids as well as highly diverse invertebrate populations. Only 700 hectares of chalk grassland exist across the whole of the Chilterns AONB.

Around 4.5km of new footpath, cycling and horse-riding routes will give the public areas to large parts of the site, which sits between the Colne Valley Regional Park and the Chilterns AONB.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Apologies in advance if you're an NHS worker, but I'm just about **** off with the "emergency" services. 

My mother in law, who's 90 and has terminal cancer, has fallen over - again- and has cut her arm. 

An ambulance was called five **** hours ago. She is still on the kitchen floor. My missus has been over there waiting since 8.30pm.

If they don't class this as some kind of emergency then we are all in shit street. 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Apologies in advance if you're an NHS worker, but I'm just about **** off with the "emergency" services. 

My mother in law, who's 90 and has terminal cancer, has fallen over - again- and has cut her arm. 

An ambulance was called five **** hours ago. She is still on the kitchen floor. My missus has been over there waiting since 8.30pm.

If they don't class this as some kind of emergency then we are all in shit street. 

I recently was with a friend who had had a serious seizure and was breathing but barely responsive. 999 said could be up to a 4 hr wait for an ambulance. Thankfully they arrived after about 30 mins, but that still felt an eternal amount of time given the state he was in, and our only advice being “don’t move him, watch over him, keep talking to him, don’t put anything in his mouth”… he was too heavy for us to drag down into a car (down three flights of stairs) and anyway we weren’t sure if it was safe to move him.

He was ok thankfully, but the stuff he was being tested for was very serious, so the emergency services can’t possibly have known that their response time wouldn’t be critical to his survival.

It’s not the emergency services who are to blame, though. They simply have too many emergencies and not enough staff / ambulances / hospital capacity / etc. It’s the government.

It’s going to be a very bad winter.

I hope your mother in law has been seen now.

• Like 2

@KentVillan is absolutely correct, the blame is with the Tories, not the NHS.

I took my lad to football training a few months ago at a local school. It was 6pm and there was a lad still in the middle of the school field waiting for an ambulance after being seriously hurt at lunchtime.

Theres too many government created scandals for the media to focus on them all. 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 19:29, Xela said:

Had my heating on this morning for the first time in months. Not that I think its cold, its just I'm starting to feel a bit rotten :( 

Stressful weeks at work always culminate with me feeling shit at the weekend. Its like my body gives up

Yeah, I had that today and had to call in sick. Been running on fumes for a couple of weeks and today I had nothing left in the tank, nose running and body aching all over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This is like shouting at the person in the call centre because you’ve waited too long. Almost impossible not to do but venting in completely the wrong direction.

On 11/09/2022 at 23:45, sidcow said:

Had to build a shed today. 

Instructions were shit of course. 

Got it up to putting the roof on then realised I'd built the **** wrong and had to take it to pieces and start again. 

This time the roof fit but everything is out of line, can't get the door to close or the roof straight. 

So **** annoying.  I'm sure there has been some poor machining as some of the floor slats were overhanging the base by a few mm on one half of a side. 

But at the end of the day the walls all overhang the base so have to be distanced properly and all meet up in the right places. I can imagine I could get my lines out a tiny bit but just can't understand how the roof cannot line up properly. 

I might have another go next weekend and take the whole front off again. 

Started this morning and it was well dark before we packed it in. 

The **** is only 3ft x 3ft for our chair cushions. How can it be this shit? 

Grill Homer GIF - Grill Homer Simpsons - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

@KentVillan is absolutely correct, the blame is with the Tories, not the NHS.

I took my lad to football training a few months ago at a local school. It was 6pm and there was a lad still in the middle of the school field waiting for an ambulance after being seriously hurt at lunchtime.

Theres too many government created scandals for the media to focus on them all. 

Took six hours for ambulance to arrive. 

Took her to hospital, where she was checked over. Then another four hour wait to see a doctor. Still there now. 

I'd be happier if they kept her in for a bit, at least the wife would get a break, but you just know it will end up with a discharge. 

• Like 1

I have man-flu.  I am amazed that I am still able to type when I am this close to the River Stix. 

A girl at work told me she had "a cure for colds."

Green tea, ginger, hibiscus, cinnamon, lemon, echinacea and lime. 

How stupid of medical science to still be searching for the cure when it's already here. 

4 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

For some reason, Facebook has decided that I want to see posts by the North of England Mule Sheep association. I have no idea why, but my feed is frequently spammed with pictures of sheep.

Last thing ewe need. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â