Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Had to build a shed today. 

Instructions were shit of course. 

Got it up to putting the roof on then realised I'd built the **** wrong and had to take it to pieces and start again. 

This time the roof fit but everything is out of line, can't get the door to close or the roof straight. 

So **** annoying.  I'm sure there has been some poor machining as some of the floor slats were overhanging the base by a few mm on one half of a side. 

But at the end of the day the walls all overhang the base so have to be distanced properly and all meet up in the right places. I can imagine I could get my lines out a tiny bit but just can't understand how the roof cannot line up properly. 

I might have another go next weekend and take the whole front off again. 

Started this morning and it was well dark before we packed it in. 

The **** is only 3ft x 3ft for our chair cushions. How can it be this shit? 

• Like 2

On 09/09/2022 at 16:59, mjmooney said:

Hope it all goes well @Davkaus. Coincidentally, our youngest granddaughter was in hospital for minor surgery last week. All routine, and she's out and fine. But the whole royal family could have been firebombed and it wouldn't have stopped me from seeing her. 

On the contrary, knowing your views on the monarchy, you’d probably stop for champagne and cake 😅

(Glad to hear everything is good with the young’un, btw.) 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Had to build a shed today. 

Instructions were shit of course. 

Got it up to putting the roof on then realised I'd built the **** wrong and had to take it to pieces and start again. 

This time the roof fit but everything is out of line, can't get the door to close or the roof straight. 

So **** annoying.  I'm sure there has been some poor machining as some of the floor slats were overhanging the base by a few mm on one half of a side. 

But at the end of the day the walls all overhang the base so have to be distanced properly and all meet up in the right places. I can imagine I could get my lines out a tiny bit but just can't understand how the roof cannot line up properly. 

I might have another go next weekend and take the whole front off again. 

Started this morning and it was well dark before we packed it in. 

The **** is only 3ft x 3ft for our chair cushions. How can it be this shit? 

Cries out for pix.

It's like a tall narrow shed to sit on the corner of the patio and we can put the cushions for the patio set in it. 

We didn't want plastic. 

You lot are mean. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's like a tall narrow shed to sit on the corner of the patio and we can put the cushions for the patio set in it. 

We didn't want plastic. 

You lot are mean. 

You bought a shed just for cushions ??

That smacks of @Xela type extravagances 🤑

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â