Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Ricky Gervias is doing a warm up show in Guildford on Monday .. quite like his material so thought i'd try and get tickets ..on sale at 10:00 for Friends of G-live (of which I am) 

on the website and the Book now button goes red at 10:00 , i'm in the select your seats section at 10:00 and 4 seconds 

Sold out 

I mean wtf , that just can't be possible ..

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Ricky Gervias is doing a warm up show in Guildford on Monday .. quite like his material so thought i'd try and get tickets ..on sale at 10:00 for Friends of G-live (of which I am) 

on the website and the Book now button goes red at 10:00 , i'm in the select your seats section at 10:00 and 4 seconds 

Sold out 

Go for it @BOF...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sold out 

I'm a big Gervais fan, but having seen his last stand up show (Supernatural) I'd argue you got lucky

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sold out 

They’re probably being sold for 2x and 3x their face value on resale sites already.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a big Gervais fan, but having seen his last stand up show (Supernatural) I'd argue you got lucky

was that the Netflix one ?

Some of that I thought was quite good / clever comedy .. but quite a few bits missed the mark   ...It could be a thing with that sort of comedian , its not like Gary Delaney knocking out 100's of one liners , that you don't have to think too  much about .

Middle of lockdown when things briefly re-opened i went to see Eddie izzard in London  , his isolated sketches on youtube about James Bon , Star wars etc thta someone set to lego ( wonder if it was baselayers ?  :) ) are very clever and funny comedy (imo) ... his live show was just awful  ..he did a sorta 15 minute sketch about Latin , great for the clever students in the audience but for a thicko like me it was just tedious  , he was entertaining enough and I'm glad I got to see him live  , but it just wasn't really that funny for me 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

They’re probably being sold for 2x and 3x their face value on resale sites already.

most likely  ... I mean fair enough if I got beaten to the punch , but it just smacks to me of they never made it to the market for that exact reason ..

that said , it  could just be the ticketing system couldn't cope and it was pot luck if your selection made it through the system or not 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

was that the Netflix one ?

Some of that I thought was quite good / clever comedy .. but quite a few bits missed the mark   ...It could be a thing with that sort of comedian , its not like Gary Delaney knocking out 100's of one liners , that you don't have to think too  much about .

Yeah that was it. I saw it in Leeds and it didn’t really land

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Readers of the parenting corner will know my little one is going back in to hospital for surgery on Monday, she's likely to be admitted for several weeks, we're hopeful but not certain that she'll be home for Christmas. This weekend we were driving up and down the country so that family can spend some time with her and give her some cuddles before they can't visit her (covid visiting policies still in place, seriously).

My mum has cancelled seeing her first granddaughter for the last time she'll see her for months, because she's upset that the queen is dead.

Good Girls Whatever GIF by NBC - Find & Share on GIPHY

Hope it all goes well @Davkaus. Coincidentally, our youngest granddaughter was in hospital for minor surgery last week. All routine, and she's out and fine. But the whole royal family could have been firebombed and it wouldn't have stopped me from seeing her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 08/09/2022 at 21:06, foreveryoung said:

Frickin council planner added 2.5k to my house extension, new rules to save a bit of carbon. Now have to use thermal plaster boards too, £55 each instead of a £8,  supply and demand I bet. 

It might save you in the long run.. maybe.

Am being forced to watch the masked dancer......yes, dancer. Peter Crouch is one of the panellists along with Jonathan Woss, davina mccall and some other bird.

kill me now 😡

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Am being forced to watch the masked dancer......yes, dancer. Peter Crouch is one of the panellists along with Jonathan Woss, davina mccall and some other bird.

kill me now 😡

I’m watching King Kong for the 100th time, and I don’t even like it. It’s a shit film.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

kill me now 😡

Hmmmm 'forced' 🤔

The mottaloo doth protest too much ;) 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

kill me now 😡

Forced?

Are you a man or a mouse, Arthur Putey?

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â