Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

So are PayPal factoring for the chargebacks for those three days? Doesn't seem worth it to me.

I only do customer present transactions so never have any experience of chargebacks. Fraudulent use with CP transactions are the banks problem

I always assumed that the three days was where they made their money which reduced the transaction charge but that could just be me being wrong

• Like 1

On 03/09/2022 at 16:24, maqroll said:

The suit and tie/black trainers with white soles look...never looked good, still doesn't, and never will. The sooner this trend ends, the better.

Not with a tie.

But a casual suit with a tshirt instead of a shirt and the trainers works, imo

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not with a tie.

But a casual suit with a tshirt instead of a shirt and the trainers works, imo

As if the suit with trainers wasn't bad enough, with a tshirt?! 

That's a massive nope from me

Trying too hard 

edit - 

Making a case for the t-shirt and suit look, David Alexander Flinn appears in Express' fall 2017 campaign.

thats what i mean, from my experience of working in an office there's not a single circumstance that would require you to wear that, its not smart enough to meet a client and then its too formal to just sit in the office all day in, just buy better jeans 

Edited by villa4europe

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As if the suit with trainers wasn't bad enough, with a tshirt?! 

That's a massive nope from me

Trying too hard 

edit - 

Making a case for the t-shirt and suit look, David Alexander Flinn appears in Express' fall 2017 campaign.

thats what i mean, from my experience of working in an office there's not a single circumstance that would require you to wear that, its not smart enough to meet a client and then its too formal to just sit in the office all day in, just buy better jeans 

Not a fan of those particular items. That doesn't look like a very nice suit or very nice trainers. And I wouldn't go for the tucked in shirt myself.

Nothing wrong with wearing something like this

suit-long-sleeve-t-shirt-high-top-sneake

I'd add you probably need a tapered leg on the suit trousers. With a baggier fit they'd look ridiculous

Personally I'd lose the jacket, if that's just chinos I think you're OK but the jacket adds a formality that doesn't work

there's no scenario where that is needed at my work, you're both underdressed and overdressed at the same time, its in no man's land and you'd look a clearing in the woods 

edit - and i say this as someone who looks like this all summer

See the source image

and this all winter

See the source image

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Personally I'd lose the jacket, if that's just chinos I think you're OK but the jacket adds a formality that doesn't work

there's no scenario where that is needed at my work, you're both underdressed and overdressed at the same time, its in no man's land and you'd look a clearing in the woods 

I think it's fairly commonplace these days.

And you'd lose the jacket when you're in the office. It's more a walking around thing.

The most uncomfortable part of a suit is the shirt and tie. I think it's very unusual these days for people to work in suits and ties.

This keeps the formality of the suit but gives you some comfort

You know most problems can be solved just by a bit of communication, an email, a phone call, a gentle reminder - or even, get this, giving the information and the resources in the first place.

No. No. No. Too easy. Too simple a solution. We don't want things resolved, ahead of time, for the good of everyone and not least the companies,  I'm going to sit on it for a month, not tell anymore, or chase, on enquire and then escalate it.

Cheers Geoff!!
If you'd told me a week, a fortnight ago, a month ago, I'd have processed it , it's simple and no sweat to me - we'd all be happy and we wouldn't incur extra costs and extra time wasted on other parties.

I don't mind a "gentle prod" and I definitely don't mind being giving the information in the first place you Representative for Wellingborough.

I'm not mystic **** meg!

Suits are shit. Nobody really wants to wear them. Sooner we move on from having suits in our lives the better. Let people wear what they want to wear during this short time on earth. What’s with the whole top button thing as well?  

Nothing wrong with looking smart, btw, but **** ties and top buttons being done up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

on a shirt no

on a polo shirt yes

See the source image

that polo shirt is designed to be buttoned up

Never. Nobody wants to have that around their neck, ever. It makes people look like that South Park character with the balloon head. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, choffer said:

Put a pair of trainers (not for wearing with a suit) in the shopping cart. Promptly forgot about it but an hour later I get an email saying “go on, buy those trainers, here’s a 20% discount code”. 
Brilliant, I think. Go back to the open tab, add the discount code and “I’m sorry. You cannot use that code on this order” 

:bang::bang::bang:

Name and shame the website.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â