Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I know we've been in your house chatting. I know you've literally walked me to your front door. I know we've literally said goodbye. I know we're literally making eye contact as I reverse off your drive. I know we're literally saying goodbye again and literally waving at each other goodbye but let me just **** BEEP my horn to just confirm one last time I am saying goodbye.

Beeeeep!!!

Shut the fooooooooook up!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I know we've been in your house chatting. I know you've literally walked me to your front door. I know we've literally said goodbye. I know we're literally making eye contact as I reverse off your drive. I know we're literally saying goodbye again and literally waving at each other goodbye but let me just **** BEEP my horn to just confirm one last time I am saying goodbye.

Beeeeep!!!

Shut the fooooooooook up!

New Mrs 😂

• Haha 1

Anyone live local had the letter for the Black Country Plan. Basically they need to build 75000 new homes and Business land by 2030 or something? So apparently they have run out of land so are asking local councils to give up some of theres. I.e mostly green belt area, lovely green belt area by me, looking to build 1600 new homes. it'll be like a bloody town center with that many families, let alone losing the lovely fields opposite. Little Aston residents definately won't be happy. 😀

Edited by foreveryoung

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lad banter.

In the workplace it's all professional it's all above board it's reigned in.

Then outside of work you meet one or two senior people and the sexist views come out and you have to sit there and listen to this shite.

You need new friends for your boring nights out. I can think if a few, if all your pub banter, sorry chat, needs to be politically correct. 😂

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately we need lots and lots and lots of new houses. They need to go somewhere

Developments could go on abandoned brown sites. Provide some regeneration without using greenbelt land. You rarely see this though. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lad banter.

In the workplace it's all professional it's all above board it's reigned in.

Then outside of work you meet one or two senior people and the sexist views come out and you have to sit there and listen to this shite.

Do you work for @foreveryoung

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Developments could go on abandoned brown sites. Provide some regeneration without using greenbelt land. You rarely see this though. 

Yup. Developers would always prefer to plough up a field to build new houses than clean up a brownfield site as it maximises profits for them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Do I want to listen to some 50 odd year old guy chat on about 20 something year old women in a rude and crass way? Not really.

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5

‘Green belt’ started out as a really good idea, but long long ago turned in to a nimby con trick.

We have massively more green belt now than when it was devised and it cannot be an excuse to keep people homeless.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

‘Green belt’ started out as a really good idea, but long long ago turned in to a nimby con trick.

We have massively more green belt now than when it was devised and it cannot be an excuse to keep people homeless.

So you would be happy having 2000 homes built in your little village overlooking your house.

On 25/07/2022 at 19:44, foreveryoung said:

Thank god that click bait Adrian Duram has finished on Talksport drive time, not that it'll be much better with Goldstien (another ***), but still I hate the guy, winding people up to get calls. I know they all do it, but he was by far the worst. His classic, "was the Arsenal invincible team all that". If that's not just to get moody calls, I'm not sure what is!!!

I haven't listen to Talkshite for years to a combination of commuting far less and now having a car designed in the 21st Century so I can now listen to podcasts.

I am amazed its still going, clickbait for the ears.  

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY ;) 

Same difference.  Field - Virtual guarantee of no issues, preferable

Brownfield - Far more survey costs, far more likelihood of problems and remedial issues all costing money so less profit.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yup. Developers would always prefer to plough up a field to build new houses than clean up a brownfield site as it maximises profits for them. 

I've been watching developers clean up a brownfield site near our office for a housing estate for the last seven years. Decontaminating sites can take a very long time

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've been watching developers clean up a brownfield site near our office for a housing estate for the last seven years. Decontaminating sites can take a very long time

Was about to reply with "and time" 

The thing with decontamination is that because different landfills accept different contaminates you can't even price it until you know the exact extent of it (travel costs are added to the load) 

I've been put in the situation a few times with a client while estimating but I refuse to even guess at removing contaminated soil, don't know a contractor that would, its usually clarification number 1

I used to really look forward to Christmas, but now I dread it as I remember that family member I hate will be there annoying me with their daft comments.

And in this metaphor, Christmas is off topic.

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â