Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

She seems to struggle with things not being done the second she asks about it. 

The annoying thing is if she asked "Can you do it now?" I probably would. Or if when I said "yeah I'll do it this afternoon", she said "could you do it sooner please?" I probably would as well.

But when there's absolutely no reason for it to be done early, as long as it's done in time, I really don't get it. It's her **** fault the cupboard is so messy anyway!

Meh

I have this same problem. A recent example is she asked me to take a photo of her for her new passport. I said ok but after the game.  So she goes and does it herself, messes up and now her passport has been delayed. Have had to wait several extra weeks because they needed a new photo to be sent, just because she couldn’t wait until after the game. 

Guess what? It’s my fault her passport is delayed.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I have a bit of lost in translation thrown in for good measure

Its not "can you do this please" it's "I think we should do this" 

Then it's followed by the expectation that it's done that very second and my clock is very different from hers but then the absolute worst for me personally "that's not how I'd do it" I've got in the unfortunate habit now of being a word removed, when she utters those words I immediately drop everything say "go on then" and walk away 

I'm sure her parents are convinced that I'm lazy and I don't do anything - I am and I don't - but I'm not sure how much they know is because I don't entertain her bullshit anymore, I'm taking cleaning, driving, putting the washing on, emptying the bins, cooking and the big one for us is loading the dishwasher, if you're going to give me a running commentary on how to load a dishwasher you'll soon find me letting you do it yourself 

I thought this was just me! 🤣 

Sometimes she starts showing me how something should be done and before you know it she has done it all. Why not just do it yourself in the first place! 

• Like 1

I do just about everything in our house and I tend to do it immediately. My wife and daughter both say, I was going to do that, my response was well just do it, don't say you were going to do it, just do it. They don't and that's why I tend to do everything. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I do just about everything in our house and I tend to do it immediately. My wife and daughter both say, I was going to do that, my response was well just do it, don't say you were going to do it, just do it. They don't and that's why I tend to do everything. 

Yeah this is the opposite in my place. I'll see the washing up needs doing and think "oh, need to do that. i'm just going to finish my drink and watch the end of this". Then suddenly she's doing it and it's all "I do everything"

No you do everything FIRST

• Like 4

Yesterday evening I was banished to the back of the house because someone wanted to binge watch Bridgerton.

An hour later, a coffee and a Wispa appear and I’m asked if its ok if she watches another episode.

I said it was ok. I’m too nice for my own good really.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yesterday evening I was banished to the back of the house because someone wanted to binge watch Bridgerton.

An hour later, a coffee and a Wispa appear and I’m asked if its ok if she watches another episode.

I said it was ok. I’m too nice for my own good really.

Not a great negotiator though. I reckon you could have got a hand job or more if you played your cards better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the big one for us is loading the dishwasher, if you're going to give me a running commentary on how to load a dishwasher you'll soon find me letting you do it yourself 

Ah yes, my wife and I worked out a system for the dishwasher; only I load, only she empties.  It's perfect, as a) I enjoy the Tetris-like puzzlework of trying to squeeze all the washing up in there in one go b) I hate the eternal struggle between putting pots and pans away and getting the **** drawer to actually close and c) she loads the dishwasher like a clearing in the woods. "Don't put the cutlery up, my Mum's friend once fell on an open dishwasher door and nearly died!"  Yeah, right, sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

not sure about the shadowy group you refer to yeah I know the history of the statue ...  but my objection was to the how  (and the subsequent acquittal )

if you followed the case they essentially argued they were expressing their right to freedom of expression , but by expressing their right of Fof E they essentially denied every other person that very same right  ..it's entirely possible that not one person was in favour of that statue (A concerted effort by 38 Degrees on this statue , managed to only gain 11,000 signatures , it hardly suggests a burning desire by the public to be rid of the statue ) ... but by chucking it in the harbour they denied others their own freedom of expression.

as I  said its a slow process , but if you let mob rule decide what is and isn't right , then what happens when someone decides they want to express their freedom of expression by destroying something that they  believe  constitutes an offence ( another reason put forward by the defence) ..now lets imagine its something that you and lots of other don't find offensive , would you still be on their side ?  

its why they should have been convicted  , even if it was community service , in the hope that it deters the next person who doesn't realise frees speech has its limits 

I really, really agree with you here. But I do wonder where the limits of rule of law should be. Take protestors against the Vietnam war?  Or what would be our position if there were people protesting in Germany against the holocaust. 

Vandalizing a statue that somehow respects a mindset from a hundred years ago is a soft target. Actually helping people that need help requires effort.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This sounds **** brilliant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not a great negotiator though. I reckon you could have got a hand job or more if you played your cards better.

In this warm weather, i'd rather have a wispa.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Pretty sure my wife uses "binge watch Bridgerton" to mean "I'm off to have a wank".

And I don't even get a Wispa.

Ffs, we’ve got a brand new sofa.

• Haha 2

Thank god that click bait Adrian Duram has finished on Talksport drive time, not that it'll be much better with Goldstien (another ***), but still I hate the guy, winding people up to get calls. I know they all do it, but he was by far the worst. His classic, "was the Arsenal invincible team all that". If that's not just to get moody calls, I'm not sure what is!!!

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

She seems to struggle with things not being done the second she asks about it. 

The annoying thing is if she asked "Can you do it now?" I probably would. Or if when I said "yeah I'll do it this afternoon", she said "could you do it sooner please?" I probably would as well.

But when there's absolutely no reason for it to be done early, as long as it's done in time, I really don't get it. It's her **** fault the cupboard is so messy anyway!

Meh

For me it's not so much about doing things immediately, it's needing to discuss something immediately that has come to mind.   If she's busy and I try to start a conversation about anything, particularly whether we should get going with making dinner, I get an annoyed "I need to finish this first.", which could take an hour.   If I'm watching a game and she decides she wants to talk about something there's never a "can we talk for a minute?"  She just starts right in.   If she catches me glancing at the screen, it's an annoyed, "You're obviously not paying attention to me."

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â