Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

There is this person in my team, now we are semi working remotely, is fully capable of working independently. Barely hear a peep out of them most days.
The days when we are in the office together, every 5 minutes, will ask a question. A question they fully no the answer to, or who to contact in the business to get the answer, or that they know how to work out - or the actual answer they hold in the first place.

Why are you asking me questions every 5 minutes?

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What’s pissing me off is seeing numbers written with two decimal places. 

Whats pissing me of is people that mean points and type places :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whats pissing me of is people that mean points and type places :D

Touché, although this 

£1.70.9

does contain two decimal places between the two decimal points. Not that that was pissing me off.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Touché, although this 

does contain two decimal places between the two decimal points. Not that that was pissing me off.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

What I find interesting, is I’ll stick cruise on, so I know I’m doing a constant speed. Then you’ll realise the same car has overtaken you 3 times over the course of twenty minutes.

This really fascinates me.

Doing a constant speed and noticing someone overtake you, pull in ahead, slow down, you overtake them, and then they repeat the whole thing

No idea what goes through their heads

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

This really fascinates me.

Doing a constant speed and noticing someone overtake you, pull in ahead, slow down, you overtake them, and then they repeat the whole thing

No idea what goes through their heads

We used to occasionally go away in the Uk with the in-laws. They liked us to travel in convoy so we’d follow them in the car. The FIL speed would be all over the place for no apparent reason. Gradually speeding up 70, 75, 80, 85… then slowing all the way down to 65-60 for no apparent reason either.

I told them we’d just meet them there as it used to really annoy me.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We used to occasionally go away in the Uk with the in-laws. They liked us to travel in convoy so we’d follow them in the car. The FIL speed would be all over the place for no apparent reason. Gradually speeding up 70, 75, 80, 85… then slowing all the way down to 65-60 for no apparent reason either.

I had a mate I used to travel to Sunday League games and the occasional villa game with.

Top bloke, but he used to be constantly on and off the accelerator.

Foot down, release, foot down, release, foot down, release.

Nothing extreme, he wasn't gunning it, just going up a couple of miles per hour and then back down again. If he did it once you'd barely notice but it was over and over again

He probably didn't even know he was doing it

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if it's something that we all do without realising it? Because I've noticed it when following someone in convoy - but I've also been accused of doing the same thing when I was the lead car. 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 13:36, HanoiVillan said:

Genuinely, 100% a real thing. Obviously not a very common thing, and for that we can all be grateful. 

Think it comes from this meme?

D08CC7E8-365D-410D-9B14-352F51AB41A2.thumb.jpeg.a6bb558af0a2fa47969211955d4a27ec.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Superhero films. 

I mean they do nothing for me, but thats just personal taste. 

But Hollywood is just awash with them. They strangle budgets for other films. 

We've done this before but they've become so risk averse that hardly anything gets made anymore that isn't:

Another franchise continuation movie 

A remake of a previously successful movie

A movie about something that's already been a massive success (book or video game or real world event) 

There are SO few original films being made it's just sad.  Would eg Back To The Future or Beverly Hills Cop or Die Hard or any one of a dozen stone cold classic movies get made today? 

Does the world really need another **** Batman film? 

My nephew is going to see Batman Part 12 this weekend 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â