Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, it’s made worse because the actual energy companies are making more money than ever.

Its not a real crisis, It’s profiteering.

A pal reckons it's all boll****s. The reason the energy prices are going up is due to the government forcing them to invest in green energies and our race to be carbon neutral.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I last lived in Brum (early 70s!), most bus routes ran all night - one per hour, leaving the city centre terminus on the hour. I took this for granted, so when I came to Leeds for uni, I was shocked to find that such a thing was unheard of - last bus at about 11.00pm and that was your lot. 

Sounds like Birmingham has regressed. 

Most Boston public transportation stops before bars close at 1am. Does wonders for drunk driving fatalities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I last lived in Brum (early 70s!), most bus routes ran all night - one per hour, leaving the city centre terminus on the hour. I took this for granted, so when I came to Leeds for uni, I was shocked to find that such a thing was unheard of - last bus at about 11.00pm and that was your lot. 

Sounds like Birmingham has regressed. 

I remember in the early 90s after clubbing it, getting the last bus, 104 I think it was at 0300 in the morning, used to be a laugh on the way home. Like f*** would I do that now, on the bus with a load of coked up drunks, likely to get stabbed up.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

A pal reckons it's all boll****s. The reason the energy prices are going up is due to the government forcing them to invest in green energies and our race to be carbon neutral.

I actually wouldn't mind if that was the real reason. I could accept that, but unfortunately that's not the reason. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Actually that's a fair point. Birchwood does appear to be the nadir of Warrington Culture

That was Mr Smiths, surely?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

That was Mr Smiths, surely?

Oh hell I went there once. Guest List, VIP Area, guest of the owner who'd invited us to celebrate our Friends birthday there. (also a club owner from Liverpool)

Still ended up in a big argument with the bouncers at closing time over a stay behind, which they insisted wasn't happening... but did

Never had the desire to go back. Shithole of a place. Thats the thing with stay behinds in nightclubs, you see them at their absolute worst

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh hell I went there once. Guest List, VIP Area, guest of the owner who'd invited us to celebrate our Friends birthday there. (also a club owner from Liverpool)

Still ended up in a big argument with the bouncers at closing time over a stay behind, which they insisted wasn't happening... but did

Never had the desire to go back. Shithole of a place. Thats the thing with stay behinds in nightclubs, you see them at their absolute worst

It was before I moved here but it’s long gone now you’ll be glad to know

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Football Twitter. This phenomenon where comment sections are taken over by the "Pessi" and "Penaldo" people. The worst.

“Cry more”
”Inject it”
”Banter club”

Agreed, the worst. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, il_serpente said:

It's a shame taxi service in Liverpool is absolute sh*t!

:trollface:

Said in jest but right now its true, its the same everywhere, severe lack of drivers

I'm not either particularly aggressive or particularly slow when driving, I usually drive at or around the speed limit when it's safe to do so, but I'm not macho and I don't get annoyed about people overtaking me, but the situation this morning did annoy me. Guy passes me, and then steps moderately hard on the brake pedal immediately after pulling back in front of me. Why? There's no obvious reason on the road - it's a flat, straight, empty rural road, no pedestrians or animals, no oncoming traffic, no vehicle directly in front (there's a flat-bed truck but several hundred metres up the road). Obvious first thought is it's road rage, I've done something to piss him off, but I haven't done anything weird or controversial and there's no honking, flashing or raised middle fingers out the window. It's just overtake, pull back in, step moderately hard on the brake pedal. The only thing I can think is he suddenly realised it's a 50 limit not 60 (I was doing 45 and accelerating at a modest pace when he pulled out). But, like, why not **** off up the road a bit before you have an attack of conscience?

• Like 1

On 28/02/2022 at 22:12, rjw63 said:

There's an Esso fuel station on the A45 Coventry Road heading out of Brum, just as you get near to the M42.

£1.64.9 for diesel.

One pound sixty **** five.

If that was in France they'd have burned it to the ground, and deservedly so.

Anyone paying that kind of price is an absolute penis.

Esso on the A45 have really outdone themselves, 4 days after my last post they've hiked diesel to £1.70.9

This company really need to be boycotted, they're a **** disgrace.

For comparison it was £1.48.9 at Tesco by Blythe valley.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

Said in jest but right now its true, its the same everywhere, severe lack of drivers

Better brush up on your Ukrainian. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not either particularly aggressive or particularly slow when driving, I usually drive at or around the speed limit when it's safe to do so, but I'm not macho and I don't get annoyed about people overtaking me, but the situation this morning did annoy me. Guy passes me, and then steps moderately hard on the brake pedal immediately after pulling back in front of me. Why? There's no obvious reason on the road - it's a flat, straight, empty rural road, no pedestrians or animals, no oncoming traffic, no vehicle directly in front (there's a flat-bed truck but several hundred metres up the road). Obvious first thought is it's road rage, I've done something to piss him off, but I haven't done anything weird or controversial and there's no honking, flashing or raised middle fingers out the window. It's just overtake, pull back in, step moderately hard on the brake pedal. The only thing I can think is he suddenly realised it's a 50 limit not 60 (I was doing 45 and accelerating at a modest pace when he pulled out). But, like, why not **** off up the road a bit before you have an attack of conscience?

Could have been a poor attempt at a cash for crash? 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Happened to me twice on the motorway yesterday. I think with a lot of them, if you go on later to pass them and give them a good Paddington stair they are just average Joe and average Jill. I genuinely think that sometimes they’ve decided they want to be the car in front but then they’ve had to accelerate beyond their comfort zone to do it, so one in front they want to get back down to the speed they are comfy with.

What I find interesting, is I’ll stick cruise on, so I know I’m doing a constant speed. Then you’ll realise the same car has overtaken you 3 times over the course of twenty minutes.

I’m not some great driver, but bloody hell there are some shockers out there.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â