Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, bickster said:

SHit, you are correct, there never used to be a package without a phone line. Oh they are so getting called later.

I've had Virgin broadband only for a few years now. Bizarrely it would have been cheaper to have a landline as well when i signed up, as there was a introductory rate on the combined package but no incentive on the broadband only deal. I still went with the latter :) 

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm with BT and always been under the impression I needed to have a phone line.  Is that not the case?

Used to be the case on BT, but having just checked it looks like there are broadband only deals on their website now.

On 23/02/2022 at 16:22, Davkaus said:

As on the Sky thread, today I've had 2 messages from companies significantly hiking their prices, in line with RPI. Why is this allowed? It's arse-backwards.

RPI is a measure of prices consumers pay. Prices go up, which pushes up RPI, and the response is that they then use that to justify putting their prices up, because everyone put their prices up? Which will further raise RPI and be used to justify the next price hike. This is absolute madness.

My phone bill is going up by 11.7% because they've decided it's appropriate to whack an extra 3.9% on top of RPI, because **** me, they like money? 

I had the same - Virgin and O2. 

Makes sense they both do it together as they're now the same company. But my overall monthly commitment has gone up about £7.

Not massive in the grand scheme of things but with energy and unleaded rocketing as well and my shares and pension now performing worse than Villa thanks to Putin, its been an expensive day! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

My bank card has gone missing, I either dropped it, or someone pinched it from my coat pocket when I was out at a whiskey tasting last night, some scrote has managed to spend £250 using contactless across 5 transactions in the same shop, within minutes. You'd think some automated anti-fraud measures might kick in with that kind of use.

They were stupid enough to use it in a Tesco branch which will almost certainly have CCTV covering the checkouts, so hopefully their very good night art my expense has some consequences, but that will rely upon the police giving a shit, which I suspect will lead to a further post in here in the coming days.

The timing of the transactions make me suspect it was someone from the quite small group at the whiskey tasting, so it's the betrayal of trust that pisses me off more than the money which I ought to get back from the bank anyway.

I just don't understand the mentality of some people. I found a debit card on the floor once on a night out a few years back. Pocketed it, took it home and then destroyed it. I wouldn't dream of using it, nor would anyone I associate with. 

Them adverts on telly. Example, "ohh my boiler has packed up". Nice new one being fitted as we watch, geezer with his feet up and slippers on.

Reality "Boilers *******, what we gonna do, I'm freezing can't get a tradesman out till next week, need a new boiler 2k arrrgrhhh, put some candles on warm us up".

I've got a minging cold.  Totally swept through the entire nightshift seemingly on the same day.  I've never seen anything like it, hopefully it clears up by Tuesday as I'm off to Tenerife for my first proper holiday in 3 years.  I'm due to see Villa play Brighton on Saturday but I'm willing to sacrifice that.

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've got a minging cold.  Totally swept through the entire nightshift seemingly on the same day.  I've never seen anything like it, hopefully it clears up by Tuesday as I'm off to Tenerife for my first proper holiday in 3 years.  I'm due to see Villa play Brighton on Saturday but I'm willing to sacrifice that.

Sacrifice - I'd say it was blessing.

• Like 2

The main road in town being shut for roadworks at 10.30 pm last night when I was picking up the Mrs and her mate from the ballet at the Hippodrome. Thus  making me nearly 40 minutes late and getting a bollocking for suggesting they should have gone and had a drink in one of the numerate bars in the area  instead of waiting outside in the cold and ringing me every five f***king minutes asking me where I was 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The main road in town being shut for roadworks at 10.30 pm last night when I was picking up the Mrs and her mate from the ballet at the Hippodrome. Thus  making me nearly 40 minutes late and getting a bollocking for suggesting they should have gone and had a drink in one of the numerate bars in the area  instead of waiting outside in the cold and ringing me every five f***king minutes asking me where I was 

That's female logic perfectly summed up in one short story !

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The hyperbole in the prematch thread just after the team sheet was announced.

I won’t venture back today and will stick with watching the rugby instead. 

I'm staying well away from On Topic. Not watching bloody rugby though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â