Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, trekka said:

The bloke you refer to sounds like a nightmare! My old man, for all of his flaws in managing the "troublesome" few, made up to it in other ways - giving out stuff when people genuinely needed it and making time for the oldies by making them cups of tea etc whilst they had a sit down.

Ah that's lovely and a little cheek here and there towards people who aren't exactly respectful of the business is harmless.

This front of shop bloke doesn't own the business, he's just frustrated and thinks his own disillusionment with life qualifies him to take it out on others. It happens but he's not the most personable.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

How the F*** has Judy Murray got her own show. I mean who is she really, tennis stars mum.😬

A well respected regional and national Tennis coach regardless of her two sons and British Federation Cup captain for 5 years

22 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The bloke who works front of shop at my local tobacconist.

He goes out of his way to be rude and get a reaction out of his customers, just so he can then make it clear that he's without doubt, being that rude. He feeds off the surprise people get and equally the reactions. 

For a seemingly harmless young Indian man, he certainly likes to see how far until the customer realises its a lost cause to try and elicit any form of manners from him, and this is a shop at the foot of the high rise commission flats, he gets some hard knocks in store.

To be honest I find him rather amusing because we've spoken about what's bothering him and he opened up once enough for me to get some clue. There's some qualities I find endearing there.

It pisses me off though because he's just so difficult if there's anyone ahead of you in queue you have to wait for the ordeal that he creates with so many of his customers to end before you get served.

Be much easier to just quit smoking. 

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

How the F*** has Judy Murray got her own show. I mean who is she really, tennis stars mum.😬

Who isn't even attractive/funny/interesting/charismatic. I had no idea she had her own show but I would agree it's a baffling thing.  It's painful watching her on panel shows and the like. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Who isn't even attractive/funny/interesting/charismatic. I had no idea she had her own show but I would agree it's a baffling thing.  It's painful watching her on panel shows and the like. 

Having spent a few hours in her company (sat waiting for a delayed flight), my personal experience is that she's all these things. Obviously that doesn't mean it automatically translates to being able to front a telly programme but whenever I've seen her on the box, I've always thought she came across fairly well. 

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

Having spent a few hours in her company (sat waiting for a delayed flight), my personal experience is that she's all these things. Obviously that doesn't mean it automatically translates to being able to front a telly programme but whenever I've seen her on the box, I've always thought she came across fairly well. 

Strange, I've never had that come across on the TV.  Maybe having met her and liked her you see a more positive light than me, an everyday Joe.

6 hours ago, bickster said:

How do people get their own TV show then if everyone has to stick to their normal job?

by applying for a job in TV? ;) 

Or being a reality show wannabe, which seems to be the career path nowadays.  

All my client zoom meetings this week have been late afternoon. Can't stand afternoon meetings as its prime nap-time. 

Much rather they are before lunch. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

All my client zoom meetings this week have been late afternoon. Can't stand afternoon meetings as its prime nap-time. 

Much rather they are before lunch. 

not for me, pre lunch is rower followed by a bath

had a hour long training session yesterday at 10am, no talking just listening, no camera because 60 people in attendance "kills my internet speed", did just that...unfortunately though by moving my laptop about i managed to unmute myself just as i sat down to eat my bowl of cereal and yoghurt...can a message saying shut up everyone can hear me crunching away 😂 fortunately thats still probably better than me splashing away in the bath tub

• Like 1

I sent my old phone to one of the phone recycling companies (like music magpie etc). It’s in excellent condition, no dents, scratches, cracked glass or anything like that. I was initially offered £180 to send it them.

They just came back to me to say they’ve checked it over and deemed it to be Grade C and will offer me a revised £105.

I had 2 options, accept it or reject/return it.

I click reject and get the message they will take another look and then come back to me.

I will insist on having it sent back it they try and offer me a penny under what they offered. 

Absolute crooks (avoid uberlink.co.uk)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â