theunderstudy

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

People who repost the same old photos on social media all the time

”5 years ago!”

”need to go back!”

”great times with great friends ❤️

How is it 7 years already OMG 😱 

9 hours ago, brommy said:

I usually follow that sort of thing with ‘because time flies; we’ll soon be dead’.

Quickly kills any unnecessary frivolity.

When I was working I always used to start our Friday lunchtimes in the pub with: "Ah well lads, another week nearer to death". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The bloke who works front of shop at my local tobacconist.

He goes out of his way to be rude and get a reaction out of his customers, just so he can then make it clear that he's without doubt, being that rude. He feeds off the surprise people get and equally the reactions. 

For a seemingly harmless young Indian man, he certainly likes to see how far until the customer realises its a lost cause to try and elicit any form of manners from him, and this is a shop at the foot of the high rise commission flats, he gets some hard knocks in store.

To be honest I find him rather amusing because we've spoken about what's bothering him and he opened up once enough for me to get some clue. There's some qualities I find endearing there.

It pisses me off though because he's just so difficult if there's anyone ahead of you in queue you have to wait for the ordeal that he creates with so many of his customers to end before you get served.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

He goes out of his way to be rude and get a reaction out of his customers, just so he can then make it clear that he's without doubt, being that rude. He feeds off the surprise people get and equally the reactions. 

It always amazes me when people like that work in public-facing jobs. 

We once got thrown out of a cafe for sitting down at a table without permission. Couple of years later the woman turned up on a reality TV show about trying to turn round failing businesses. Apparently she was infamous for being rude to customers. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

For a seemingly harmless young Indian man, he certainly likes to see how far until the customer realises its a lost cause to try and elicit any form of manners from him, and this is a shop at the foot of the high rise commission flats, he gets some hard knocks in store.

To be honest I find him rather amusing because we've spoken about what's bothering him and he opened up once enough for me to get some clue. There's some qualities I find endearing there.

It pisses me off though because he's just so difficult if there's anyone ahead of you in queue you have to wait for the ordeal that he creates with so many of his customers to end before you get served.

I remember there was a much publicised pub landlord in Soho who made a name for himself in being incredibly rude. Perhaps he is going down that route.

Personally I would just stop shopping at his establishment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I was working I always used to start our Friday lunchtimes in the pub with: "Ah well lads, another week nearer to death". 

While not quote as doom mongering, I always say in my teams weekly Monday meeting - 'One less Monday until retirement". I shouldn't wish my days away! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

My old man many, many years ago used to own a small second hand shop.  He was respected by most of the community but he got used to the handful of people coming in every day to basically wind him up, asking for "best price" on everything etc.  He got so fed up that when a few of the same people came back asking for "best price for me, you know me" (they didn't want to buy anything, they would just waste hours of his time) he would visibly take off the price tag, cross out the number and add an extra £5 to it.  He also had a big stereo system in there - when the shop was full of those people he would turn up the volume and pretend he couldn't hear them :crylaugh:.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It always amazes me when people like that work in public-facing jobs. 

We once got thrown out of a cafe for sitting down at a table without permission. Couple of years later the woman turned up on a reality TV show about trying to turn round failing businesses. Apparently she was infamous for being rude to customers. 

I always thought Gordon Ramsey was a c*** but I didn't know he had one.

We had a similar experience at a restaurant when we were guided to our table by the owner, and mum asked a waitress a minute later if we could change to another table, and waitress says absolutely go ahead.

"I TOLD YOU THAT THIS WAS YOUR TABLE!" "WHATS WRONG WITH THE ONE I GAVE YOU?"

Needless to say once he'd made a scene and left the waitress was kindly apologetic.

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

While not quote as doom mongering, I always say in my teams weekly Monday meeting - 'One less Monday until retirement". I shouldn't wish my days away! 

Nah, keep counting. And then one magical day, you'll realise you're into the final year. And you can do what I did and start a countdown clock on your screen. 

Screenshot_2022-01-18-18-04-12-11_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, trekka said:

My old man many, many years ago used to own a small second hand shop.  He was respected by most of the community but he got used to the same people coming in every day basically winding him up, asking for "best price" on everything etc.  He got so fed up that when a few of the same people came back asking for "best price for me, you know me" (they didn't want to buy anything, they would just waste hours of his time) he would visibly take off the price tag, cross out the number and add an extra £5 to it.  He also had a big stereo system in there - when the shop was full of those people he would turn up the volume and pretend he couldn't hear them :crylaugh:.  

Yeah, there's an element of that in this fella. He sells illegally imported cigarettes as well as selling them as single cigarettes. He sells all sorts of flavoured vapes. Shisha pipes. As I said it's just below the high rise flats and people often try to haggle him. He doesn't prejudice though, I've seen innocent yuppy kids just making your average inquiry about a product they are obviously not entirely familiar with, and this guy will give them misleading and even incorrect information before his impatience becomes so apparent and he pressures them into purchasing something quickly.

He just likes being difficult. 

Yesterday I went in and he says to me, "after" and points for me to leave. 

I said what does that even mean?

"It means exactly what just came out of my mouth, after"

I say, can you give me a time frame for when I should come back please?

"After"

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Yeah, there's an element of that in this fella. He sells illegally imported cigarettes as well as selling them as single cigarettes. He sells all sorts of flavoured vapes. Shisha pipes. As I said it's just below the high rise flats and people often try to haggle him. He doesn't prejudice though, I've seen innocent yuppy kids just making your average inquiry about a product they are obviously not entirely familiar with, and this guy will give them misleading and even incorrect information before his impatience becomes so apparent and he pressures them into purchasing something quickly.

He just likes being difficult. 

Yesterday I went in and he says to me, "after" and points for me to leave. 

I said what does that even mean?

"It means exactly what just came out of my mouth, after"

I say, can you give me a time frame for when I should come back please?

"After"

The bloke you refer to sounds like a nightmare! My old man, for all of his flaws in managing the "troublesome" few, made up for it in other ways - giving out stuff when people genuinely needed it and making time for the oldies by making them cups of tea etc whilst they had a sit down.

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â