Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 12/01/2022 at 19:54, Davkaus said:

So, my day: Car doesn't start. After jumping it, I get in, and realise the roof is leaking and the carpets are damp. Drive to the hospital, spend 25 minutes doing laps trying to find a spot, finally find one, back in, go through a puddle that was hiding a pothole that cracked my wheel. Fantastic.

So I sat in the car for 20 minutes drinking my coffee and calming down so I'm not in a rotten mood when I get there to visit....And on the walk to the ward, a pigeon literally shits on my head. I'd find this hilarious if it happened to anybody else.

Just seen a film of you

• Haha 3

This morning, in a WFH meeting, the internet went off. Once I noticed it was not the computer Skype thing playing up, but the router itself flashing red, I went outside to where the telegraph pole is where the internet comes from (I knew that cut it's broken there 3 times before). Some builders working on the back of the house next to the pole went "scuse me, has your internet gone off" -  "yeah" - "we thought it might be something we did, but it can't be if your's is off too."

Anyway I reported it to Plusnet and said it was multiple addresses. They told me 3 working days till anyone will look at it. But encouraged me to get the other houses to report it, so it becomes an "area outage" and gets prioritised. So I did that.

Then tried to get my phone to be a mobile hotspot for my work computer. It (the computer) wasn't having any of it.

So I tried with my own Laptop and it said it couldn't connect to my phone without downloading some software, but I couldn't download the software with no internet and no hotspot.

iPad worked fine with the phone.

Back to the work laptop and about 90 minutes of fettling about and re-boots and all the rest, and I got it going and I'm just about to start work again, when the phone rings and a bloke has just bought something I was selling and wants to collect it sharpish....more faffing about.

Finally got back to doing my work, and I'm now starving.

Finished it at half three and legged it to the chippy.

Got back home and the internet is now back on! All it needed was some gravy (and the fact half the town had no internet, so it was top priority to fix).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When will I ever learn to stay out of the On Topic match threads? Absolute idiocy. 

When I’m not watching the game but using the match thread to keep up to date, sometimes if I’ve not looked at it for literally a minute, the number of unread replies shoots up to 70, 80 or more. I normally take that to mean we’ve scored so I scroll through them with a cautious optimism.

On the other side of the coin, sometimes there’s a smaller number of unread replies in a minute (say 30) and I have a sense of dread.

It’s quite daft.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

When I’m not watching the game but using the match thread to keep up to date, sometimes if I’ve not looked at it for literally a minute, the number of unread replies shoots up to 70, 80 or more. I normally take that to mean we’ve scored so I scroll through them with a cautious optimism.

On the other side of the coin, sometimes there’s a smaller number of unread replies in a minute (say 30) and I have a sense of dread.

It’s quite daft.

It's the way our players suddenly go from 'world class' to 'utter shit, get rid' in the blink of an eye that gets me. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

It's they way our players suddenly go from 'world class' to 'utter shit, get rid' in the blink of an eye that gets me. 

It’s been pointed out before, but reading a forum of the opposition team is sometimes preferable as the opinion seems to be that Villa play better when doing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

It's the way our players suddenly go from 'world class' to 'utter shit, get rid' in the blink of an eye that gets me. 

I think I put something in the post match to that effect. I genuinely wonder if I’m watching the same game as everyone else at times. 

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s quite daft.

Sometimes I’ll watch the game for 20-30 minutes and we’ll be doing alright, I’ll then poke my head into the match thread and realise we aren’t doing alright after all. We’re absolutely pathetic playing the worst football ever seen and need an entire new team.

• Like 2

I’ve got a neighbour who I’ve very rarely seen take their dog for a walk.

They tested positive for covid a few days ago and have been isolating, except for when walking the dog 2 or 3 times a day.

I guess it’s not nice being trapped in the house.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve got a neighbour who I’ve very rarely seen take their dog for a walk.

They tested positive for covid a few days ago and have been isolating, except for when walking the dog 2 or 3 times a day.

I guess it’s not nice being trapped in the house.

I didn’t know you live next door to @Rugeley Villa. I bet you’ve got some stories :lol:

On a more serious note though, it’s some kind of human nature isn’t it. My grandparents went out to the shops every single day during lockdown. Making a special trip just for onions or bananas. They’d usually stay home for days on end, until they were told they had to stay home then they found a daily reason. At least they weren’t making frivolous trips with the virus I suppose.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sometimes I’ll watch the game for 20-30 minutes and we’ll be doing alright, I’ll then poke my head into the match thread and realise we aren’t doing alright after all. We’re absolutely pathetic playing the worst football ever seen and need an entire new team.

Is the one thread I never go in. Like looking into the ark of the covenant on Raiders... it'll only end badly! 

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just trying to like a post I've somehow managed to mark the whole forum as read so now I've lost track of what I have or haven't read :bang:

I find it quite satisfying to do that. Like a spring clean. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I often wonder if some of the On Topic live their lives in the same manner as they post.  

Or is it just football that brings out the worst in people? 

I think it's a bit of the latter

It is an alternative to having a cat to kick, it's still that shit week at work, escape from home, watch the football, have a beer, moan like **** rain or shine, get it all out of your system

I still take massive umbrage with people saying "villa ruined my weekend" there are some in the match thread that I genuinely don't doubt it but it should never be like that 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â