Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 02/01/2022 at 13:31, Phil Silvers said:

The Aussie's like chicken salt on their chips, have you tried that, it's amazing

The first time I had it was in 2009 (first time work sent me to Aus). We didn't know it was widespread, we thought it was just local to where we were. "Woomera crack" we called it. It is amazing on chips. We'd nip to Spud's roadhouse (which is exactly like you'd imagine an outback truck stop to be like) for lunch most days and lap up that addictive chicken salt on chips.

Library - 1356 of 3893.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

The first time I had it was in 2009 (first time work sent me to Aus). We didn't know it was widespread, we thought it was just local to where we were. "Woomera crack" we called it. It is amazing on chips. We'd nip to Spud's roadhouse (which is exactly like you'd imagine an outback truck stop to be like) for lunch most days and lap up that addictive chicken salt on chips.

image.png.189a9b4a3cce9f0ce4a182b51390134f.png

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

No gravy, crikey Mister.

Just as an aside, i was obsessed with trucks as a nipper, especially Yankee ones, Kenworths, Mack's, peterbilts etc imagine the joy when I seen a pic of one pulling as an Aussie roadtrain. Bet you seen a few looking at where you were.

29 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No gravy, crikey Mister.

Just as an aside, i was obsessed with trucks as a nipper, especially Yankee ones, Kenworths, Mack's, peterbilts etc imagine the joy when I seen a pic of one pulling as an Aussie roadtrain. Bet you seen a few looking at where you were.

Spuds did (do) great gravy, as it happens.

Yeah, loads of Road trains as well as actual mahoosive railways trains. Pimba, where Spuds is, is on the Ghan (Adelaide to Darwin) line, and I think the West- East line too.

• Like 1

Got the old work blues tonight... not sure why, i worked last week and know i'm up to date with stuff! Just the thought of it being January and all sales figures are reset back to zero is probably what is causing it. Last years 'success' is now yesterdays news and all pressure is on for 2022 targets. 

I've carried a bit of leave over, so may take some time off this month. Go on one of my little breaks again... always helps to reset me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Got the old work blues tonight... not sure why, i worked last week and know i'm up to date with stuff! Just the thought of it being January and all sales figures are reset back to zero is probably what is causing it. Last years 'success' is now yesterdays news and all pressure is on for 2022 targets. 

I've carried a bit of leave over, so may take some time off this month. Go on one of my little breaks again... always helps to reset me. 

Yeah know exactly what you mean - the thought of going back in is a real killer. Get tomorrow out of the way though and then only 3 days to go.

Always a good idea to get a few things in the diary to look forwards to I reckon otherwise can seem a long old slog.

• Like 2

So maybe one for the wonder thread or any other thread.

Since I moved house I've used 3 barbers now/hairdressers. Everyone of these barbers has absolutely soaked my hair wet through whilst giving me a trim. Is this normal now?

I know it's always been a quick spray of the water bottle to help cut the hair I suppose but not literally have my hair dripping wet when cutting. How does that even work when cutting a style.

Coincidentally all 3 haircuts have been an absolute shambles.

Is this the new thing. How do I get a trim on top and tell them can you not give me a **** shower...without sounding rude.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Since I moved house I've used 3 barbers now/hairdressers. Everyone of these barbers has absolutely soaked my hair wet through whilst giving me a trim. Is this normal now?

I know it's always been a quick spray of the water bottle to help cut the hair I suppose but not literally have my hair dripping wet when cutting. How does that even work when cutting a style.

Is this the new thing. How do I get a trim on top and tell them can you not give me a **** shower...without sounding rude.

I haven’t had a great haircut for years, everywhere seems to either be a shit Turkish barbers, a Toni & Guy rip off merchant or a wannabe Hipster place. Old school sensible barbers hardly exist anywhere anymore. Hygiene also seems to have been abandoned in hairdressers as well these days, most are filthy and use tools that haven’t been cleaned for days. 

Edited by Ingram85

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Old school sensible barbers hardly exist anywhere anymore. 

Not here. In Formby we have an abundance of Barbers, it really is a stupid amount for the size of the area, all bar two of them are bog standard traditional barbers, one that is about to open this week is Turkish and one that opened recently I would describe as Hipster Rocket Polisher. There are at least 5 Traditional and possibly some I'm not aware of

Stafford is bigger than Formby but I reckon we give much larger towns a run for their money with regards barbers. Not hairdressers, purely barbers I think in the small town centre alone we have 15 to 20. I use a fella a little out of town to essentially take the 5 mm growth off my bonce. No head drenching needed. 

Barbers. Apart from an ill-chosen one-off, I have only ever used three barber shops in my entire 68 years - two in Birmingham as a kid, and one in Leeds as an adult. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Always remember a friend of mine who was a hairdresser, said it's a amateur to do a wet cur, although most people do it this way. If you get a hair dresser who cuts hair dry, you know you have a good one, cause it's the most difficult way, but you should always get a much better detailed cut and a style.

Twitter.

Got quite into it out of boredom during the first lockdown. Deleted it a couple of weeks ago and just feel like I don't miss it at all.

A handful of accounts on Twitter are really brilliant, but the whole setup rewards some very unpleasant behaviour, and creates "Twitter Famous" characters who are often just playground bullies, fantasists, and self-promoters. Seems like nowadays Twitter fame has become a route to media fame for anyone willing to sit on Twitter all day and build a personal brand.

Just... nah. You tell yourself you're using it to keep up-to-date with the latest news and smart insights and whatnot, but that's about 10% of what you end up doing on Twitter. Load of shite. I've kicked the habit!

• Like 1

My wife cuts my hair now as I purchased a set of clippers in Lockdown. My cut is the shithead cut, number 2 all over. 

However not long before lockdown my barber told me that barbers were the biggest growth industry in retail. I guess its a reasonably easy trade to learn and might explain all the wet cuts if that makes it easier. 

It struck me as odd when he told me, there are only so many people who need a haircut so it's hard to see how they can increase exponentially. It must be quite a cut throat business 😂😂

Edited by sidcow

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â