Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, Xela said:

What a rip off. 

Its only £5.20 for mini fish n chips, with curry sauce and sausage from the chippy in Aldridge. Very nice as well! Had it on Thursday... won't have it again, not because I didn't like it, but because my jeans are getting too tight 😭

That chippy and that deal must be some of the finest fish and chippery in the land, if it’s the same place I know.

Though I do only crave my chips to be battered these days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

That chippy and that deal must be some of the finest fish and chippery in the land, if it’s the same place I know.

The battered chip is a thing of beauty, one near me does them and once bitten never back.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The battered chip is a thing of beauty, one near me does them and once bitten never back.

Things that piss(ed) me off, after discovering the battered chips my dad used to still insist on getting half of them and half normal. Everyone demolished the former while the latter remained untouched. He eventually came to his senses.

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Majors in Bilston did the best fish and orange chips I’ve ever had. Almost worth moving back to the Black Country for. 

I read about that shop on the Express and Star page, it's about 6 miles from me, I've never been to Bilston but was thinking of trying it if you can eat in. Gonna make it a plan one day from what you've just said.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Its the one just a few doors down from the spoonys (The Avion) on the main thoroughfare in Aldridge. 

• Like 1

Maybe one for the boring thread, but i've never had orange chips. I feel I'm missing out, although my cholesterol may not agree. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe one for the boring thread, but i've never had orange chips. I feel I'm missing out, although my cholesterol may not agree. 

It’s dangerous because it kind of ruins normal chips (even chip shop) after that, you really can never go back.

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its the one just a few doors down from the spoonys (The Avion) on the main thoroughfare in Aldridge. 

That’s the one.

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Ive never ever had orange chips either,in fact I dont even know what you mean by orange chips ?!

Black Country / West Midlands orange chips are chip shop chips, so already deep fried, which are coated in the same batter as the fish, hence the colour and extra crispy deliciousness.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

15 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Ive never ever had orange chips either,in fact I dont even know what you mean by orange chips ?!

Never tried them either, the ones I've has use the fish batter. Maybe there is a secret ingredient or just food colouring.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

There was a chippy located in Grand Central that did them. 

Don't know if it's survived lockdown though. 

Edit - looks like it is still open. Tasty Plaice. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Chips in batter. 

Yes, The Black Country has invented something that would provide a shock in Scotchland. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I know what you mean now.Over here some places have them.I tried them once at a place in Burns beach,very nice.

The Aussie's like chicken salt on their chips, have you tried that, it's amazing, ordered some on Amazon (embarrassed to say how mush it cost) over here as it's not available in the shops. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The Aussie's like chicken salt on their chips, have you tried that, it's amazing, ordered some on Amazon (embarrassed to say how mush it cost) over here as it's not available in the shops. 

As far as that goes,I cant get enough of chicken flavoured crisps.Heaps of choice for that over here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Someone at work found some Aussie-style chicken salt flavour crisps in a petrol station, they were alright but I didn't get the fuss tbh.  Probably nothing like the real thing mind you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Someone at work found some Aussie-style chicken salt flavour crisps in a petrol station, they were alright but I didn't get the fuss tbh.  Probably nothing like the real thing mind you.

Aussies are nuts, no one makes crisps like us. Chicken salt on chips though is the bomb.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â