Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

You don't think it's a big deal having your head shaved against your will?

Not if it was done for fun.

If anyone shaved my head "for fun" I'd be pissed.

Some people like having hair, some people work in jobs where turning up with a skin head would not in any way be acceptable.

You don't think it's a big deal having your head shaved against your will?

Not if it was done for fun.

If anyone shaved my head "for fun" I'd be pissed.

Some people like having hair, some people work in jobs where turning up with a skin head would not in any way be acceptable.

(Now that I think about it, I'm not too keen on the idea as well :lol: )

Apart from a model in a photo for a hair salon, I'm struggling to think of any more.

Flying ants.

They're out here too, same moment.

Sitting quietly minding my own business, then they're all over my back!

Little bastards - just had to hastily kettle a corner of the kitchen.

Apart from a model in a photo for a hair salon, I'm struggling to think of any more.

The public perception towards shaved heads is still very negative, especially for people in their 20's, so if you work in a public facing job, especially if it involves dealing with other businesses, you have to be very careful with how you present yourself.

It does depend on how well you can carry it off though, some people will have no issues, whereas some of the people I've worked with would look more like bouncers than businessmen if they went for the old number 1 all over, and that's not really a good look when you're going into businesses consulting.

People still base their initial judgments on appearance.

If you haven't the talent to smash someone's initial judgement of you, I can see why it may be an issue.

I doubt it's much of a hinderence in reality. Certainly not as overstated as you first put it.

The issue isn't really shaved heads though. It's so called "mates" trying to do something to you that you don't want. If that had been me they would have been ex-friends with immediate effect. Never had that problem though, even in my teens and 20s - we might have had some banter but would never have done anything like that.

One for the "Do You Read?" thread here, but... The Folio Society. Massively overrated and overpriced books, actually spoiled by naff childish illustrations.

Everymans' Library FTW every time.

The issue isn't really shaved heads though. It's so called "mates" trying to do something to you that you don't want. If that had been me they would have been ex-friends with immediate effect. Never had that problem though, even in my teens and 20s - we might have had some banter but would never have done anything like that.

Completely agree.

I knew they'd be planning it from the moment I booked the holiday. I have the longest hair in the group and haven't had short hair since about 14. I'd say I'm quite protective over it, just simply because I look about 8 with short hair and makes me looking a tosser.

Two of them had nothing to do with it, cause they knew how much it'd piss me off. Guess it's moments like that when you realise who your true friends are.

In some groups shaving the head is just a good laugh, but if its not your type of banter then reall these guys dont get you and as youve maybe realised, arent the best mates you could be having a laugh with

Yeah, there was no intention to 'get' anyone else either, which is why I took it so personally. If everyone was missing hair then fair enough, but when they spent half the week trying to do it, it **** me right off. I was repeatedly called a 'word removed' by one of them for not letting them do it. He's a **** word removed himself anyways, so I couldn't give a shit.

Lollipop Men/Women on zebra crossings and traffic lights.... There is a zebra crossing or traffic lights for a reason, i dont think people need help pressing the wait button
We've had this before.

My take on it is:

(1) Little kids may just run across without pressing the button

(2) Some motorists may ignore the light (or at least try to jump it)

Lollipop Men/Women on zebra crossings and traffic lights.... There is a zebra crossing or traffic lights for a reason, i dont think people need help pressing the wait button

We have those around us.

Quite innocently, people will drive over said crossing as soon as the lollipop person disappears, despite the light still being red.

It does amaze me that in this age of cut backs they are still here.

If a kid is to dumb to use a pedestrian crossing, they deserve to be run over :twisted:

Yeah, there was no intention to 'get' anyone else either, which is why I took it so personally. If everyone was missing hair then fair enough, but when they spent half the week trying to do it, it **** me right off. I was repeatedly called a 'word removed' by one of them for not letting them do it. He's a **** word removed himself anyways, so I couldn't give a shit.

Could be worse, my mate has just come back from holiday with his belly button pierced and 7 of his mates (who went on hols) names tattooed onto his ass.

his GF ain't exactly thrilled about it :lol:

We've had this before.

My take on it is:

(1) Little kids may just run across without pressing the button

(2) Some motorists may ignore the light (or at least try to jump it)

lollipop lady 'retired' from the crossing outside our local school.

Two kids knocked down in the first week.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â