Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My O-Level revision mistake was with biology. I was utterly hopeless at physics and chemistry, but I concluded I had a chance of getting biology, so I revised the shit out of that mother, neglecting other subjects in my determination to get a science. I had the syllabus down to the last detail. Went in, ready to show my knowledge - and it was the most Micky Mouse exam I'd ever seen. Full of multiple choice questions, with a degree of difficulty along the lines of: 

Mammals suckle their young on 

(a) Milk

(b) Orange juice

(c) Axle grease

Absolute waste of revision time, could have strolled it if I'd gone without any work at all. 

(c) Axle grease?

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My O-Level revision mistake was with biology. I was utterly hopeless at physics and chemistry, but I concluded I had a chance of getting biology, so I revised the shit out of that mother, neglecting other subjects in my determination to get a science. I had the syllabus down to the last detail. Went in, ready to show my knowledge - and it was the most Micky Mouse exam I'd ever seen. Full of multiple choice questions, with a degree of difficulty along the lines of: 

Mammals suckle their young on 

(a) Milk

(b) Orange juice

(c) Axle grease

Absolute waste of revision time, could have strolled it if I'd gone without any work at all. 

I had a parents evening about 3 months before my GCSEs.

My biology teacher, who I hated, told my mom that even if I revised every night between that parents evening and the exam, I could only expect a B at best.

I revised for 2 hours the morning of the exam and got an A.

I felt like stapling the certificate to his **** face.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Being the only word removed who didn't realise we were doing a minute's silence today at work.  Walked into the room and whistled I've Had The Time Of My Life for about 30 seconds before realising what was going on.

:crylaugh: that's brilliant.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, colhint said:

Nobody but nobody ever will beat my 1973 mock biology O'level question. The whole class got it wrong.  

The last question was how do you create a plant? WTF. the whole class thought we never did this in the syllabus. We gave it our best shot. Take a cutting put in compost etc.

Thing was this was Yardley Gram. No technology at all, forget calculators, think slide rules. 

Anyway they put the exam through some manual machine where some teacher would turn the handle and out would come copies. 

The exam was 7 pages long.  They forgot to hand out page 8 . This had one word on it. SLIDE.

How do you create a PLANT SLIDE.  not how do you create a friggin plant.

Hang on... what actually is a plant slide? How DO you create one??? :unsure:

Closest I can think of is a microscope slide made of the thinnest of thin glass.

Edited by Raver50032
sausages

18 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Being the only word removed who didn't realise we were doing a minute's silence today at work.  Walked into the room and whistled I've Had The Time Of My Life for about 30 seconds before realising what was going on.

Similar for me.

11am fire alarm sounds I stand up and reach for my coat, alarm stops so I stand there wondering whether to leave or not also wondering why everyone is sat in silence. Took me a good 15 seconds to realise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Hang on... what actually is a plant slide? How DO you create one??? :unsure:

Closest I can think of is a microscope slide made of the thinnest of thin glass.

That's it, that's what the teacher called it at our school anyway

• Like 1

On 2017-6-6 at 10:36, mjmooney said:

Seriously, if I can edit it down to a sensible length clip, I'll put it in Rogues' Gallery. There's a genuine "You've Been Framed"-worthy pratfall (by me) in there. 

It's there now. Enjoy. 

• Like 2

Things that should piss you off....

Feeling like you're the only one at work who gives a care that things are neat and tidy (and clean). Every shift I do my best to leave the next shift in good order. 

Come in after my day off and you'd swear hobo's are bumming in the place. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Things that should piss you off....

Feeling like you're the only one at work who gives a care that things are neat and tidy (and clean). Every shift I do my best to leave the next shift in good order. 

Come in after my day off and you'd swear hobo's are bumming in the place. 

Image result for bums making a mess always sunny

• Like 3

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Who elected James Corden to be out mouthpiece in America for every celebrity death and national tragedy and who is paying for every one of these youtube videos to hit their "trending" page?

Shut the **** up you fat word removed and stop using this shit to push your brand and your shitty **** talk show.

Absolute cretin.

I **** loathe that man. 

• Like 1

Systems are down at work today. It pisses me off because they'll probably be back up soon and they'll tell us to get on with our work and to try and make up for lost time, when in my head I've planned a morning of doing nothing and being sent home this afternoon.

16 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:
On 06/06/2017 at 22:23, rodders0223 said:

Who elected James Corden to be out mouthpiece in America for every celebrity death and national tragedy and who is paying for every one of these youtube videos to hit their "trending" page?

Shut the **** up you fat word removed and stop using this shit to push your brand and your shitty **** talk show.

Absolute cretin.

I **** loathe that man. 

I don't find him even remotely funny, and I used to hate him, but by all accounts he's a damn nice bloke and a good skin so, I dunno, but that just gives him some leeway with me.  I mean I still don't watch him or anything.  But now I can at least be OK with him doing well for himself.

Unlike total words removed like Alan Davies for example, who on the contrary may be kinda funny but has been known to attack homeless people (look it up).

Someone on the missus' Facebook posting a video of James **** Corden and Ed **** Sheeran doing carpool karaoke (which I'm happy to say I've never ever seen), and saying how it brightened their day.

Would brighten my day if the pair of words removed drove off a cliff.

Edit, only just saw the post above...

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Unlike total words removed like Alan Davies for example, who on the contrary may be kinda funny but has been known to attack homeless people (look it up).

You make it sound like it's a hobby of his :D.

It was one incident 10 years ago when he was drunk after a wake and he was provoked by someone who was shouting abuse at him. Maybe attacking the bloke and biting his ear wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do, but I find it difficult to judge a bloke on a solitary incident like that.

Then again if I didn't like him, I'd probably quote it as my main reason. There are some celebrities that I hate because of a small thing I heard them say years ago :lol:

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You make it sound like it's a hobby of his :D.

It was one incident 10 years ago when he was drunk after a wake and he was provoked by someone who was shouting abuse at him. Maybe attacking the bloke and biting his ear wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do, but I find it difficult to judge a bloke on a solitary incident like that.

Then again if I didn't like him, I'd probably quote it as my main reason. There are some celebrities that I hate because of a small thing I heard them say years ago :lol:

I could use Jim Davidson too (although he's not funny).  Re- Alan Davies, yeah I did cite his worst behaviour, but there are plenty of anecdotes of him being a dick in public when people recognised him.  He finally changed his ways when his reputation as an arsehole started becoming well known.  Which means his newfound friendliness is put on.  Arseholes do exist, and sometimes they're celebrities :) 

As for me not liking him.  It didn't start off that way.  I had nothing against him (I like(d) him on QI).  It's his own behaviour that changed my opinion.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â