Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Got the wife a new vibrator for xmas as she's gone without one for a while, plus I got into the habit of just grabbing the cucumber out of the fridge. I obviously let her pick which one as I probably would of got her a giant monster of a thing, but anyhow she's got one now. It cost me £65 and it's the fifty shades of grey one or something like that. Thing is she's barely bothering with me now and just wants her new vibrator. Knew I should of made her wait until xmas day until she had it. 

That moment when someone asks you if you want to do something, and you're just DESPERATE to say no, but you can't think of a good excuse, and you sit there with everyone looking at you while you go 'umm . . . err' racking your brains, and then you end up giving in out of politeness and then hating yourself for your weakness. 

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That moment when someone asks you if you want to do something, and you're just DESPERATE to say no, but you can't think of a good excuse, and you sit there with everyone looking at you while you go 'umm . . . err' racking your brains, and then you end up giving in out of politeness and then hating yourself for your weakness. 

PostmaApproved.png

• Like 2

My little girl has been really ill last few days, had conjunctivitis and a real bad cold, she's  feeling a lot better today mind and her eyes aren't too bad so hopefully she'll be fine tomorrow 

i on the other hand have felt fine until this afternoon, already know I'm waking up tomorrow with the flu, got that burning behind me throat, nose has started to get bunged up.

Edited by Jimzk5

7 hours ago, Xela said:

People who queue up at 2am in the morning for the Boxing day sales. 

That actually cheers me up. Laughing at simpletons is not a bad way to pass time. The best part is that there are all kinds of sites keeping track of prices so you have all the data at hand to avoid getting ripped off on Boxing day (or any other day). Still, a truckload of people still go out there, and some actually starts fights about who wants to get ripped off the most. Its bloody wonderful!!! :lol:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

"Non-traditional gender neutral pro-nouns"

All this multiple gender bullshit in general. Facebook in the UK has 71 gender options to choose from. Craziness

Just now, Xela said:

All this multiple gender bullshit in general. Facebook in the UK has 71 gender options to choose from. Craziness

I don't mind all those categories heing available, but they aren't genders - of which there are only two - male or female. They are an additional category used to identify things like 'personality type', 'sexuality', 'fashion style', 'toilet preference', 'state of mind', and dozens of other things. Arguably, you should have the option to to declare gender (m/f) - or decline to do so - and then to use a second category to identify as one of the above myriad self perceptions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I don't mind all those categories heing available, but they aren't genders - of which there are only two - male or female. They are an additional category used to identify things like 'personality type', 'sexuality', 'fashion style', 'toilet preference', 'state of mind', and dozens of other things. Arguably, you should have the option to to declare gender (m/f) - or decline to do so - and then to use a second category to identify as one of the above myriad self perceptions. 

Exactly, they aren't genders as you say. Trouble is, there is plenty of people who believe in this... "Oh, I don't identify my gender as either a male or female"

I don't know if they are genuinely confused and need medical help or they are just attention whores. The full list below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10930654/Facebooks-71-gender-options-come-to-UK-users.html

Spoiler

Faceboom UK Gender options

The 21 new options for UK users

Asexual

Female to male trans man

Female to male transgender man

Female to male transsexual man

F2M

Gender neutral

Hermaphrodite

Intersex man

Intersex person

Intersex woman

Male to female trans woman

Male to female transgender woman

Male to female transsexual woman

Man

M2F

Polygender

T* man

T* woman

Two* person

Two-spirit person

Woman

The list of the 50 previous gender options

Agender

Androgyne

Androgynes

Androgynous

Bigender

Cis

Cis Female

Cis Male

Cis Man

Cis Woman

Cisgender

Cisgender Female

Cisgender Male

Cisgender Man

Cisgender Woman

Female to Male

FTM

Gender Fluid

Gender Nonconforming

Gender Questioning

Gender Variant

Genderqueer

Intersex

Male to Female

MTF

Neither

Neutrois

Non-binary

Other

Pangender

Trans

Trans Female

Trans Male

Trans Man

Trans Person

Trans*Female

Trans*Male

Trans*Man

Trans*Person

Trans*Woman

Transexual

Transexual Female

Transexual Male

Transexual Man

Transexual Person

Transexual Woman

Transgender Female

Transgender Person

Transmasculine

Two-spirit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

They aren't genders, they are the fantasies of idiots.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The OED describes the usage here:

Although the words gender and sex both have the sense 'the state of being male or female', they are typically used in slightly different ways: sex tends to refer to biological differences, while gender refers to cultural or social ones.

It's not surprising people have created additional "genders" to refer to "cultural or social" interpretations of the word.

I agree with you though. One question asking male, female, other, no answer. With a follow up if more info is needed.

• Like 1

Â