Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I went for a run at my local park yesterday, and happened to catch a sunday league game. I am guessing the kids were about 12/13.

The game basically involved the keeper booting the ball up, the two coaches shouting "meet it", the CB then booting it forward, the other CB doing the same, nobody encouraged to get on the ball or take a touch, just meet the ball with your head or foot first time or boot the ball down the channel.

Hideous.

Grassroots football is shocking.

It's all about results. The coaches get abused by the parents for pretty much everything including if they're not winning, so it forces them to just play the percentages.

Refs get abuse from the parents. Kids get no time to develop anything. Horrible stuff.

Hockey on the other hand is brilliant. No major focus on the result and the kids are encouraged to express themselves. An experienced adult will play in central defence to give advice and organise them but they can't overstep the mark and start tackling the kids hard or going up the other end. Parents are supportive not abusive. Just a whole different atmosphere. GB ladies hockey just won gold in the Olympics didn't they?

On 12/18/2016 at 12:27, NurembergVillan said:

Even a moderate night on the piss guarantees at least a full day staring out from the cave of regret.

I sat in my chair of despair today at my desk of shame while people told me what I got up to on Friday at the Xmas party. What a prick I was

I wanted to the floor to open up and swallow me. 

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

I sat in my chair of despair today at my desk of shame while people told me what I got up to on Friday at the Xmas party. What a prick I was

I wanted to the floor to open up and swallow me. 

C'mon then, out with your misdeeds. Confessions Thread mk II... go!

56 minutes ago, Ginko said:

C'mon then, out with your misdeeds. Confessions Thread mk II... go!

Nothing Rugely like, just me acting like a cock. Being lairy with people and being confrontational with others. I think it was down to mixing the booze. Lager, gin, lager, rose wine, proseco, cider and vodka shots.

desismileys_4532.gif

Edited by Xela

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nothing Rugely like, just me acting like a cock. Being lairy with people and being confrontational with others. I think it was down to mixing the booze. Lager, gin, lager, rose wine, proseco, cider and vodka shots.

desismileys_4532.gif

Or maybe you're just a cock.

;)

• Like 2

Just now, Designer1 said:

Or maybe you're just a cock.

;)

Ha, maybe! I've never been a confrontational drunk before, but never mix that much, so I won't do it again. Usually if its lager followed by gin or ale followed by whiskey, I become a happy drunk. I was the opposite this time. It is slightly worrying as I could have easily got my head kicked in. Also I still can't remember large chunks of the night or the journey home. I do remember being sick though near my apartment.

Oh well, I won't be the only one suffering today after 'Mad Friday'

Spent the last 4 weeks trying to jump through the required hoops for my season ticket loan, new HR team for a new company, the worst people I have ever had to deal with, they just ignore emails. Copied in the Finance Director on the last email. Won't do **** all as my season ticket runs out on Thursday. **** clearings.

Anyone else work with a compulsive liar?

the last few weeks this chap at work has bailed out of our xmas party cus he owes the hells angels £200 so couldn't afford to come, then said he was at a wedding on the day our xmas do, today he said he couldn't afford it cus he's missus had maxed out their bank balance on xmas presents.

still had enough cash to go for cafe breakfast buy 20 fags and  then have a kebab from the chop shop at dinner today, and buy 3 £10 scrath cards

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Work is so busy and the pressure on me is so intense at the minute, its actually ruining my Christmas. 

On the flip side, I have decided to apply for other jobs in January. I'm done with mine. 

Good stuff, it does sound like your work-life balance/enjoyment was going too far in the wrong direction.  I reckon you'll be surprised by what's out there for you that you'd enjoy more.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Anyone else work with a compulsive liar?

the last few weeks this chap at work has bailed out of our xmas party cus he owes the hells angels £200 so couldn't afford to come, then said he was at a wedding on the day our xmas do, today he said he couldn't afford it cus he's missus had maxed out their bank balance on xmas presents.

still had enough cash to go for cafe breakfast buy 20 fags and  then have a kebab from the chop shop at dinner today, and buy 3 £10 scrath cards

No, don't work with one, but the wife is friends with one. His lies are all the more amusing for how hopeless they are. When we moved to China, he claimed that the city hall (which comprises two skyscrapers joined by a skybridge) was part of the landing path for the airport, as in, planes flew between the two skyscrapers as they came in to land. Now, I didn't have to travel to the country to feel that this was likely weapons-grade bullshit, but it was amusing to find out on arrival that the towers were approximately fifteen metres apart. 

• Like 3

Â