Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

As an anxious flyer I've turned to music to distract me and couldnt remember what I'd brought with me

On a random scroll I landed on Explosions in the Sky :/ 

Not helping. If there's a story of a doomed norwegian flight later on today that'll be why. A two hour delay has buggered my connection to again so more airport tme later on too. Yay. However i was able to just check the villa score on the flight wifi ( good development ) so theres a sliver of a lining.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Only used in tribute to it being the 'new word'. Like narrative came from nowhere to be used everywhere.

Wasn't aimed at you Darren. Haven't even seen you use it tbh.

It's something I've seen over social media the last couple of months and it irks me. Not even sure why tbh, but that's the name of the thread eh? :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'd been drinking since 1pm in Saturday when I turned up to my works do. Had to make my excuses at about 10pm. I got in a taxi and decided to pop into my local for a night cap.

I closed the bar at 7am.

liver-fricassee-54643.png

36 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'd been drinking since 1pm in Saturday when I turned up to my works do. Had to make my excuses at about 10pm. I got in a taxi and decided to pop into my local for a night cap.

I closed the bar at 7am.

yeah i started at 2pm, id had 6/7 pints when i turned up to a free bar

not sure if its cos most of them are older or dont drink, there wasnt much sipping go on from my glass i went at it like a pig at a tater but in my head at least it was a standard affair, did exactly the same for the last 4 years now

I went for a run at my local park yesterday, and happened to catch a sunday league game. I am guessing the kids were about 12/13.

The game basically involved the keeper booting the ball up, the two coaches shouting "meet it", the CB then booting it forward, the other CB doing the same, nobody encouraged to get on the ball or take a touch, just meet the ball with your head or foot first time or boot the ball down the channel.

Hideous.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I went for a run at my local park yesterday, and happened to catch a sunday league game. I am guessing the kids were about 12/13.

The game basically involved the keeper booting the ball up, the two coaches shouting "meet it", the CB then booting it forward, the other CB doing the same, nobody encouraged to get on the ball or take a touch, just meet the ball with your head or foot first time or boot the ball down the channel.

Hideous.

Sounds about right. I played ever week from the age of about 7 to 16 and that was about it. As soon as I realised I didn't have to play I knocked it on the head as it was a horrible game to be involved in. Now only play 6 a side and enjoy it much more. 

I played 1 game of Sunday league a couple of months ago and it was exactly the same. I played CM and probably got on the ball properly twice. 

If you've ever seen kids play in Spain the differences that translate all the way to the National teams could not be clearer. 

• Like 1

Â