Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Soap dispensers that shoot the soap flying across the room or onto your clothes if you aren't prepared for it.

They're the ones in nightclub loos that you definitely shouldn't tip.

Edited by snowychap

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

People have played computer games for ages.  Why's this one grinding everyone's gears so much.

Doesn't it have people's faces in their 'phones even more than usual?

And it's very 90s.

Shoppers were trapped for up to four hours as they tried to leave the UK's newest Ikea store on Sunday afternoon.

Customers took to social media to complain of gridlock at Ikea Reading during the first weekend of opening.

Peter Coe tweeted he was "stuck for 4 hours trying to get OUT of the car park! Nightmare!".

Ikea said the car park was "closed for a short period to allow customers to exit the store".

You people spent your Sunday shopping at Ikea.

**** ya.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-36782534

• Like 1

Sad to hear that ARM has been sold off to the Japanese.

Truly the jewel in the crown of British technology, it is sad to see another piece of the family silver sold off.

Hermann Hauser the founder, is yet another example which shows that most of the truly great Brits are/were foreigners.

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

I long for the days of Altavista. :)

I used it before the WWW so I was messing about connecting to Message boards when I was quite young.  I had no idea what I was doing but it really increased the phone bill by a large amount so that was interesting.  It was not what was on them but the fact I got it to work with some 14 ish bpm old modem.  (I know people who can type almost this fast ffs)

It was weird,  I never understood at the time when i connected to an external message board what I had actually achieved,  I sort of worked it out myself.  I was not very old either,  something like 11 or 12 maybe.  

Also,  I learnt WordPerfect + Lotus 123 before we all had mice.  Ctrl K+S and all that jazz.

Lena Dunham.

Exhibit A

“There are now big conversations at Oberlin, where I went to college, about cultural appropriation and whether the dining hall sushi and banh mi disrespect certain cuisines. 
The press reported it as, ‘How crazy are Oberlin kids?’ But to me, it was actually, ‘Right on,’” Dunham said.

So she thinks the mere presence of sushi on a cafeteria menu is disrespectful to the country that it came from, because it's somehow 'appropriation'?  WTF?

This is a word removed who admits sexually molesting her own toddler sister in her autobiography and not thinking anything wrong of it.  And she has strong views on food?

**** moron.

• Like 2

Bit of a niche one this but I've got a pair of those headphones with a little up and down volume thing halfway up the right ear wire. It's at exactly the right height to catch on the collar of my shirt every time I turn my head, pulling the bud out of my ear. 

• Like 3

I'm potentially going to have to move house in a couple of months, I was looking on my work internal internet (kind of like a social media thing for work), to see if there were any adverts for houses to rent. I find a group has been set up, so I click on it to have a look, and it's a closed group. Bit silly I think to myself, as I'd think the more people see the posts the better. I click to join group though, as I could do with having a look. A box then pops up, asking me to justify why I want to join the group? Erm, because I want to adopt a ******* kitten, obviously! Suffice to say I didn't bother sending the request.  

On 17/07/2016 at 18:42, HanoiVillan said:

In Brum? My car is shat on every single day. So far I've escaped unscathed, but my luck will run out soon. 

To put a bit more 'meat on the bone'. I was in a Birmingham beer garden when a gull deposited a fair whack of faeces on me. It was like a small tester tin of Dulux 'cornflower white' has been liberally splashed over me Jackson Pollock style. 

The beady eyed beaky word removed. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â