Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Cheap zippers are really pissing me off. . The number of bags,  holdalls,  covers,  clothes I buy or more to the point don't buy which are perfectly good quality and totally serviceable otherwise that have a really nasty cheap zipper.  How much do the manufacturers really save by not putting on a decent zipper,  like 2p or something yet cheapens the overall product by a huge amount. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Cheap zippers are really pissing me off. . The number of bags,  holdalls,  covers,  clothes I buy or more to the point don't buy which are perfectly good quality and totally serviceable otherwise that have a really nasty cheap zipper.  How much do the manufacturers really save by not putting on a decent zipper,  like 2p or something yet cheapens the overall product by a huge amount. 

This. A couple of years ago I bought one of those 'garden leaf hoover' things from Homebase. The electrical part works fine, but the zip on the leaf collecting bag has broken. Can I get a replacement bag? Can I ****. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. A couple of years ago I bought one of those 'garden leaf hoover' things from Homebase. The electrical part works fine, but the zip on the leaf collecting bag has broken. Can I get a replacement bag? Can I ****. 

This is what I mean. It's often crucial to the actual functioning of the product which is useless without it.  Some zippers are so so bad they actually don't even hold together at all,  the price difference to the manufacturer must be almost nil. I just don't get it. 

It's a modern phenomena I think,  I don't recall totally useless zippers in years gone by,  probably coincides with the rise of China. 

Just got into the car, noticed some things had fallen into the passenger footwell from the seat/door cavity. Tidy it up and notice my glasses case is missing, I keep them on the passenger seat so I check the floor and under the seats etc. can't find them, this getting strange, check the flip down alcove where I keep my sunglasses they're gone too. Can't drive without my glasses so I lock the car but nothing happens, remote is dead. Great, gotta remember to lock it with the key now and hope I can find my old glasses while I wait to get a new pair.

Of all the things to steal from a car, why my **** glasses. They left the stereo. 

The support manager at work isn't answering the phone either the useless word removed.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I have black and white cats. Black or white curtains will look like shit after they sit on the windowsill for a few days.

I'm thinking grey. But what length?! To the floor, or top of the radiator?

I might just brick up the window and paint over it.

Without a shadow of a doubt, top of the radiator. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So what would happen if you and your colleagues refused to take the inspectors seriously, didn't feel you had to put on a show, and refused get stressed out by it?

A shit storm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So what sanctions would be applied to a member of staff who refused to make themselves ill by fully emotionally investing in something they know is total BS? 

To be honest i'm not entirely sure. I'm not sure its ever really come up, people just usually take the hit.

To be fair to Ofsted they've lightened the stress load a little. You no longer need to provide lesson plans and context sheets for every lesson and you get a heads up when they might be coming to see you. 

If it's a 1 day inspection it generally means they're coming to rubber stamp something that they already believe. It's the second day (if they come back) that can be a worry because it could mean they think you're better, or more worryingly, worse than what you are as a school.

Edited by sexbelowsound

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

To be honest i'm not entirely sure. I'm not sure its ever really come up, people just usually take the hit.

To be fair to Ofsted they've lightened the stress load a little. You no longer need to provide lesson plans and context sheets for every lesson and you get a heads up when they might be coming to see you. 

If it's a 1 day inspection it generally means they're coming to rubber stamp something that they already believe. It's the second day (if they come back) that can be a worry because it could mean they think you're better, or more worryingly, worse than what you are as a school.

It sounds like what I would call soft sanctions, which means listening to emotional appeals about teamwork, loyalty and the reputation of the school.

In other words - emotional abuse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It sounds like what I would call soft sanctions, which means listening to emotional appeals about teamwork, loyalty and the reputation of the school.

In other words - emotional abuse.

Yeah, pretty much.

If you become an RI school they don't leave you alone. If you don't manage to get out of it jobs can be lost so in the long run its best to just be a performing seal for a few days.

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Yeah, pretty much.

If you become an RI school they don't leave you alone. If you don't manage to get out of it jobs can be lost so in the long run its best to just be a performing seal for a few days.

I should imagine that under such circumstances the prisoner's dilemma comes into play; the emotional pressures to conform with the group would be very hard to resist.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â