Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My unemployed, been-on-benefits-for-as-long-as-I-can-remember, alcoholic cousin told me that immigrants take the piss out of public services.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My unemployed, been-on-benefits-for-as-long-as-I-can-remember, alcoholic cousin told me that immigrants take the piss out of public services.

Denial and self-interest rationalised into political opinion: doesn't everyone do that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

spent a little time at maternity wards over the past week, have I mentioned I have become a granddad? anyhow what I find alarming are the number of women, pre and post natal that are smoking outside hospital doors.

Ah damn it, so close. 

To hell with it, I'm linking it anyway!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Denial and self-interest rationalised into political opinion: doesn't everyone do that?

No.  But sadly most do.  See pensioners.

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Or volley in the jaw. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Or volley in the jaw. 

Or

"Unlike the way an unemployed, been-on-benefits-for-as-long-as-I-can-remember, alcoholic takes the piss out of public services ?"

Topical at present.

The fact that PAOK should be pronounced as one word, instead of as its individual initials.  That annoys me, and it shouldn't :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Topical at present.

The fact that PAOK should be pronounced as one word, instead of as its individual initials.  That annoys me, and it shouldn't :)

Agreed. It's like calling QPR "Quipper", or Preston North End "Peenie". 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Agreed. It's like calling QPR "Quipper", or Preston North End "Peenie". 

At least the letters can actually be pronounced, unlike CSKA which people insist on calling Cheska :rant:

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

At least the letters can actually be pronounced, unlike CSKA which people insist on calling Cheska :rant:

My mate (who has a Bulgarian wife) tells me that CSKA Sofia fans usually refer to the club as "Sesseka". 

People taking offense to everything.

I have opinions on Brexit and i voted one way (remain) but seems like everyone is actively seeking ways to get offended. It bores me but seems the way the world works these days :(

• Like 1

Â