Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People, usually expansive middle aged women, that take the lift one or two floors.

I'm going up 11 floors, use the **** stairs! I dont want to be delayed by the fact you're too lazy to use your legs.

I'd ban lifts going up less than 2 floors unless you were disabled or moving heavy stuff. You'd have a key or something that overrides the ban if you had disability or was shifting something heavy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, limpid said:

I saw an advert last night for yogurt containing only natural ingredients. Nothing supernatural in them then....

Like ghost chilis?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BOF said:

That's the thing though.  There are toys and there are collectables.  Now I know the 2 can cross over, but those yokes on the previous page look more like collectables.  Meaning we (adults) can criticise them for being shite :) 

its one of them, i understood them when they first came out, iirc it was marvel, DC and star wars (fair play to them for getting the licenses) you could collect the set if that was your thing, couple of rarer to find ones to keep it interesting...now theres over a thousand different ones, pretty much anything in popular culture has a line of them and they arent rare, they're **** everywhere! i dont understand anymore how they are collectible, they've quite blatantly become a cash cow, i think there are over 150 different marvel ones, probably averaging £15 each, thats taking the piss out of people

I believe there are exclusives of the Marvel ones that you can only get if you post fit the Marvel collectors club or something. Funko know how to make money... for now.

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

People, usually expansive middle aged women, that take the lift one or two floors.

I'm going up 11 floors, use the **** stairs! I dont want to be delayed by the fact you're too lazy to use your legs.

I'd ban lifts going up less than 2 floors unless you were disabled or moving heavy stuff. You'd have a key or something that overrides the ban if you had disability or was shifting something heavy.

I'd be interested  in others opinions of those who are disabled because of their weight. Do they count as disabled or lazy? During numerous trips to the U.S., I have witnessed lots of morbidly obese people sat in electric scooters whilst they scoffed hundreds of calories snack food. I remember queuing behind a man who appeared to be in his late thirties, both in age and in stone. He sat in his electric scooter and ate two large tubes of Pringles in less than 10 minutes. It was before 9am. I remember my mind swaying between pity, disgust and finally shame that I was thinking either emotion. I suppose one shouldn't judge until one knows the exact circumstances of each individual case but surely there's a chance that some individuals have self inflicted physical disability. Should that be then seen as a mental disability? Is extreme laziness a mental disability?

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_o9ljhypB3a1tcrsd9_540.png.

These dumb Scottish chicks probably have great grandparents who suffered dearly during WW2. Maybe some of them died. Dumb little words removed. No idea.

Edited by maqroll

7 hours ago, brommy said:

I'd be interested  in others opinions of those who are disabled because of their weight. Do they count as disabled or lazy? During numerous trips to the U.S., I have witnessed lots of morbidly obese people sat in electric scooters whilst they scoffed hundreds of calories snack food. I remember queuing behind a man who appeared to be in his late thirties, both in age and in stone. He sat in his electric scooter and ate two large tubes of Pringles in less than 10 minutes. It was before 9am. I remember my mind swaying between pity, disgust and finally shame that I was thinking either emotion. I suppose one shouldn't judge until one knows the exact circumstances of each individual case but surely there's a chance that some individuals have self inflicted physical disability. Should that be then seen as a mental disability? Is extreme laziness a mental disability?

This is perfect for this thread. As i am a judgmental word removed. Everytime i see someone large in a mobility scooter my internal voice says, not disabled just fat. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brommy said:

It's a pathology and often a physiological condition as well, sometimes both. Some people may have once been fit, blew their knees out, and started sitting around all the time, unable to exercise regularly. Every case is different. Some people are straight lazy and I don't have much sympathy for them. Other people can't work out do to injury, heart condition, too much work and family..

Eating yourself unhealthy. No more or less a thing to comment on than drinking yourself unhealthy surely? Or taking drugs you know will harm you? Or smoking when there is a 50 year of science that says it's the smoking that is killing you, that's why you're outside the hospital entrance in your pyjamas.

Except you can actually give up cider, vodka, crack and ketamin. Bit trickier to give up food.

spent a little time at maternity wards over the past week, have I mentioned I have become a granddad? anyhow what I find alarming are the number of women, pre and post natal that are smoking outside hospital doors.

• Like 1

I imagine a postnatal fag must be pretty common.

If a smoker has abstained for 9 months and just squeezed a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon, they're probably gagging for a cig!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine a postnatal fag must be pretty common.

If a smoker has abstained for 9 months and just squeezed a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon, they're probably gagging for a cig!

You learn something new everyday, I never knew Watermelons were human eggs.

Â