Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, useless said:

Just makes me wonder how people go on about how they don't believe in ghosts, as if they deserve a nobel peace prize in science or something.

Make your mind up - peace or science? And which science? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Just makes me wonder how people go on about how they don't believe in ghosts, as if they deserve a nobel peace prize in science or something.

I think if somebody tries to convince me that the most likely explanation of a bump in the night, a slightly cold room or a bit of a blur in a photo is because there is a spirit of a dead bloke roaming around, then I am well within my right to call them a moron.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I think if somebody tries to convince me that the most likely explanation of a bump in the night, a slightly cold room or a bit of a blur in a photo is because there is a spirit of a dead bloke roaming around, then I am well within my right to call them a moron.

Not sure how that relates to what I said. And my guess is that you didn't tell anyone that they're a moron.

Edited by useless
Sorry sounds a bit more abrupt than I intended, lol.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I believe in ghosts..

What is that belief based on? personal experiences or something else? (genuinely interested by the way).

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how that relates to what I said. And my guess is that you didn't tell anyone that they're a moron.

Not to their face no, just on here, behind the safety of my keyboard.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

What is that belief based on? personal experiences or something else? (genuinely interested by the way).

Both belief and personal experience.

Plus I saw this documentary called Supernatural and there's all sorts of weird shit caught on camera. Angels, Wendigos, ghosts, witches etc... watch it and it'll make a believer out of you.

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Both belief and personal experience.

Plus I saw this documentary called Supernatural and there's all sorts of weird shit caught on camera. Angels, Wendigos, ghosts, witches etc... watch it and it'll make a believer out of you.

Fair play. The supernatural as a subject absolutely fascinates me, and in particular people's beliefs surrounding it.

It's quite strange really, as personally I have zero faith in the existence of ghosts etc.

@Designer1 Basically it's the Supernatural I believe in, ghosts just fall into that category.

The most recent 'experience' I had was 2 years ago. The little man got up at 3am for his feed (he was 7 weeks old) so I took him downstairs to change him and went into the kitchen to get his bottle ready. I had him with me. So we're in the kitchen at around 3:15am and for no reason at all I look to my left which is where the door to the living room is. Nothing in there but I just had this impulse to look. After about 5 or 6 seconds I shake it off and make the bottle. Get into work at 8am and my Dad comes in and tells me that my Nan had passed away in the night at 3:10am. To this day I think it was her that came to me when I was downstairs. The night after the toy that she brought Sam (a wind-up duck teddy that plays a lullaby) just started playing. The full song. It hadn't been touched in over a week and it was sitting on the other side of the room. Made me jump, but it was kind of nice.

• Like 1

I remember the moment I confirmed to myself that ghosts don't exist. I was a child reading 'Man and his Symbols' by Carl Jung, in it's pages I thought I'd found the explanations for the ghostly stories I'd been told and the strange reports from empty rooms, and everything else. That gave me an hint (at the time at least) that reality can be as unexplainable as the 'supernatural', which is why I'm always interested to hear people's experiences, even if it's not ghosts, something super fascinating on some level, has occured.

57 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Fair play. The supernatural as a subject absolutely fascinates me, and in particular people's beliefs surrounding it.

It's quite strange really, as personally I have zero faith in the existence of ghosts etc.

In Japan it is required by law for the seller to inform the buyer of a property if someone died there.

For properties where someone has died prices and rents are heavily discounted.

:lol: I imagine two rivals, hating each other for years.

Then one goes "I'll show him, the bastard" and kills himself in the other guys house, laughing manically as he takes his last, blood curdled breath, giving a horrified man the finger.

• Like 3

I like reading the occasional local myth or story about ghosts, but that's mainly because there's sometimes a bit of anecdotal history attached to it and I can discount the supernatural element to it.

• Like 1

Just because someone believes in ghosts, doesn't automatically make them less intelligent than someone who doesn't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in ghosts for example.

Â