Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Xela said:

For me, its the whole camping out / roughing it. I'm a bit of a pansy and like my creature comforts! I think the whole backpacking experience passed me by.

One of my close mates is at Glasto now, having a wonderful time. For me, its my idea of torture! 

Couldn't think of anything worse than camping in the middle of large crowds, long queues, whilst surrounded by noise and pi55 and shit! 

Maybe I'm just getting old.

18 hours ago, Kingman said:

Couldn't think of anything worse than camping in the middle of large crowds, long queues, whilst surrounded by noise and pi55 and shit! 

Maybe I'm just getting old.

That's why everyone there is on copious amounts of drugs

Someone's come into work this morning and told us a story about a photo of a ghost they took over the weekend.

Everybody else is spooked even though they haven't seen the photo. People were asking if there's been any ghostly activity in the house, others have decided it must be a friendly ghost or a guardian angel and now they're all discussing ghost stories.

I'm looking around for somebody as bemused as me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Someone's come into work this morning and told us a story about a photo of a ghost they took over the weekend.

Everybody else is spooked even though they haven't seen the photo. People were asking if there's been any ghostly activity in the house, others have decided it must be a friendly ghost or a guardian angel and now they're all discussing ghost stories.

Are these people women, by any chance? 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Its amazing how much of a common belief in ghosts we have in this country. Probably trumped only by America.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its amazing how much of a common belief in ghosts we have in this country. Probably trumped only by America.

You're right. Never seen a ghost before I went to the US.

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Three women, two blokes.

And this really sounds like I've made this up, but one of the blokes told us how his dad got beat up by a ghost once. He came home one night and his mom found bite marks on his neck and scratches on his back. It's like something from a poorly written sitcom.

I thought you believed in the supernatural?

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Three women, two blokes.

And this really sounds like I've made this up, but one of the blokes told us how his dad got beat up by a ghost once. He came home one night and his mom found bite marks on his neck and scratches on his back. It's like something from a poorly written sitcom.

So his bit on the side was a bit too rough and his best excuse was that he was beaten up by a ghost.

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Three women, two blokes.

Did she check for ectoplasm left on his knob? :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I thought you believed in the supernatural?

Are you referring to the time we did a Ouija board in your bedroom when we were about 13? :lol:

Nah I was heavily influenced by my sister back then, who still believes in this shit and goes to clairvoyants and stuff.

I actually used to think Claire Voyant was a friend of hers.

• Like 2

Just now, Paddywhack said:

Are you referring to the time we did a Ouija board in your bedroom when we were about 13? :lol:

Nah I was heavily influenced by my sister back then, who still believes in this shit and goes to clairvoyants and stuff.

I actually used to think Claire Voyant was a friend of hers.

:crylaugh: Oh Useless you are a magical human bei... oh, it's you. :P

• Like 1

I moved out of my house 3 weeks ago.  Moving into my new house on Fri/Sat.

I messaged the estate agents that I needed the mail which has been delivered to my old house, and they got in touch with the new people, who said "just knock the door and you can have it". Fine, no problem I thought.

I've been to that house 5 times now, the cars on the drive, their van is parked on the road and they haven't answered the door once, and I can see my mail behind the glass. 

3 weeks now, including a present for someone. Sent an angry message to the estate agents telling them to get the new tenants to give them the mail and I'll go and get it from the agents.

After I moved out of the house early so they wouldn't pull out of it, living back with my parents, the least they could do is give me my **** mail.

31 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

So his bit on the side was a bit too rough and his best excuse was that he was beaten up by a ghost.

Trumped only by 'virgin' Mary's "No, it was a miracle, Joe, honest". 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Was it not Gustav Le Bon who once said the 'The crowd is infinitely less intelligent than the individual'.

I think it was Tommy Lee Jones.

• Like 3

Â