Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The new Ribena TV advert.  Makes me reach for my Uzi in a blind fit of rage, and then I remember I don't own an Uzi.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

The new Ribena TV advert.  Makes me reach for my Uzi in a blind fit of rage, and then I remember I don't own an Uzi.

I can see your point there. It does have the redeeming factor of the voice over being done by Norman Lovett. Thus it cannot be used as a reason to let lose with the Uzi that you don't have. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

people who, when they get on a bus, don't say where they are going but instead say the price of the ticket e.g. man walks up to driver and says 'two thirty please'.

Isn't this the norm?

Not that I catch buses but whenever I have I just toss a couple of quid in and say single.

22 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

missus pissed on me friday night :) well after a night on the ale on friday, saturday i was a bit tender around the bowel area. anyway we were in asda buying the kids some toys and i had terrible wind so i just kept walking around asda leaving a trail of farts and i ended up following through. costa coffee was near by so i went there to clean up but the toilets were locked and i didnt want to ask for the key because there was a big queue and i didnt fancy standing there smelling of shit. ended up back in the car and to the nearest pub so i could sort myself out.

Not sure why I liked this post but I did!

Makes me realise I'm not that bad after all ;)

20 hours ago, penguin said:

The whole gender issue thing, for what seems to be a depressingly large number, does scream of people with way too much time on their hands desperate to be unique or find a problem with the 'system'. All detracts credibility from people who truly are suffering real issues related to gender. Stumbled across a list of genders on Tumblr not that long ago, must be over a hundred. http://genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender/

My personal favourite:  Verangender - "A gender that seems to shift/change the moment it is identified"

What a time to be alive.

Exactly, if someone is suffering from gender dysphoria then they have my sympathies but all these bullshit genders that people label themselves with are nothing more than attention seeking. Non binary? Genderfluid? Pangender? Just a load of bollocks. 

That story I was talking about where someone felt as though they were being discriminated against because they couldn't open a bank account because the form asks whether you are a male or female and as they don't identify with any gender, they couldn't answer therefore not submit their form. I suggest they (the term non binaries like to be called) look at their birth certificate as that will give you the answer you need and until that changes, that's what it is.

It shouldn't piss me off but it does, so its perfect for this thread :)

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Because of the internet you'll probably be seeing the quickest evolution of words (inc widespread-ness) ever.

true, great point

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Non binary? Genderfluid? Pangender? Just a load of bollocks. 

You're heterosexual white male, your privilege blinds you. 

;)

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

You're heterosexual white male, your privilege blinds you. 

;)

I clearly need to check my privilege and stop invading peoples safe spaces!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

A silly drink and an annoying advert. But have you seen the state of adverts these days? That probably isn't even in my 20 most annoying this year. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Exploring the new building at work today I found a door with mixed gender shower on it.

I was very disappointed to see it was a single shower room with a lock on the door.

Just wait in there......

Our running club has one set of showers (open plan style). Men and women just have to take turns with them ("Anybody in there?" "No, do come in", etc.)

One of the women actually said she'd be happy to just share, if it would save time.

Oh boy, would it not. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Is that what masquerades as a squash advert now?

Not a patch on this

My kids go round singing this advert because of me and in fact I have bought some Kia Ora for them. Not in square cartons from the cinema though whilst the Pearl and Dean song blares away. They loved it at first but now it's just sitting in the cupboard unloved

Here's one I've just thought of in my drunken haze.

Overseas there's absolutely no concept of signing the back of your debit/credit card. I was in the Halifax last week in kings heath paying off a chunk of my overdraft and she asked for the account card. I handed it to her and she suddenly went all dark arts secret service shit on me and asked if this was really my card...because it wasn't signed. Even though she had my passport in her left hand. She told me to fill a whole A4 page with my signature.

Crazy.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

The advert per se doesn't piss me off,  as someone else has said later adverts generally are bl00dy awfull, many utterly meaningless and loads pretentious (pretty much any perfume ad) but the Ribena advert did piss off loads of people in my office last week when after a conversation about this advert I got the silly song in my head and repeatedly sang it all day long. I was lucky to get out alive In the end. 

Fortunately I have forgotten how it goes now or my Mrs who is trying to watch Death in Paradise would be liberally beating me now

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â