Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Noise pollution is noise pollution whether its off a small child or a grown man. 

There is a time and a place, Kids should be banned from restaurants same as being under your feet at the bar! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

There is a time and a place, Kids should be banned from restaurants same as being under your feet at the bar! 

That would make a good deterrent sign.  "Children can and will be used as foot stools".

33 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

A 1 year old child being loud is alot different than a grown man or woman doing it knowing it will annoy people.

I like to go out as a family, not palm off the little one just so we can have a meal for 2. I wouldnt say "oh we cant go to that restaurant as we have a 1 year old and some people may not like it"

That was the bit when I said I was being a bit facetious ;)

But that doesn't change the fact that the logic of "I'm paying just like everyone else so anything goes" is flawed.

As for your last sentence, that's EXACTLY what I would say.

But I don't have kids, and don't really like them, so I'm not the best person to comment :)

Edited by Stevo985

In all seriousness, I don't think kids should be banned from restaurants, obviously.

I DO think there should be consequences to kids being overly noisy and ESPECIALLY kids running around. Not only is that really **** annoying, it's also dangerous. Very dangerous in some cases. 

I would happily see people thrown out of establishments for letting their kids disturb other customers.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I like my job, but lately the rota'ing has been awful.

I keep getting put on 2pm - 10pm and every time I work this shift, everyone is miraculously sick so I'm left to do the job of 3 people. Getting ridiculously fed up with it.

It's a tricky one and not quite as simple as that though Stevo.  Take autistic kids as the example for a second.  Now it wouldn't necessarily be obvious to other paying customers that a child has autism.  But should that child be denied a restaurant experience because they could fly off the handle?  Or should people be more tolerant of what that parent and child are going through?  Does the parent have to announce to everyone that the child has autism so that maybe they be more tolerant, or should people be conscientious and aware enough to think 'maybe I don't know the whole story here?'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's a tricky one and not quite as simple as that though Stevo.  Take autistic kids as the example for a second.  Now it wouldn't necessarily be obvious to other paying customers that a child has autism.  But should that child be denied a restaurant experience because they could fly off the handle?  Or should people be more tolerant of what that parent and child are going through?  Does the parent have to announce to everyone that the child has autism so that maybe they be more tolerant, or should people be conscientious and aware enough to think 'maybe I don't know the whole story here?'.

Noise, maybe. But Autism or no autism, kids shouldn't be running around a restaurant. Not from an irritation point of view, but safety.

If autism causes your child to run around a restaurant then it's unsafe to take them to a restaurant.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

That would make a good deterrent sign.  "Children can and will be used as foot stools".

There's a cafe I go in occasionally that has a sign that reads "Unattended children will be given a double espresso and a kitten". 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Noise, maybe. But Autism or no autism, kids shouldn't be running around a restaurant. Not from an irritation point of view, but safety.

If autism causes your child to run around a restaurant then it's unsafe to take them to a restaurant.

I was only on about noise.  Obviously running around is different.  But on the noise thing, the child might just come across to other customers as a brat, and the parent as an inconsiderate a-hole, when the reality is very much different.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I was only on about noise.  Obviously running around is different.  But on the noise thing, the child might just come across to other customers as a brat, and the parent as an inconsiderate a-hole, when the reality is very much different.

Meh, Stevo's britain is bound to upset a few people. If I lose the autistic vote I'll make up for it elsewhere.

• Like 2

I'm going to invent a new service called "babysitting" so that people don't feel the need to take their misbehaving (but don't know better) children to restaurants with them.

• Like 3

The kids that annoy me in restaurants are the ones aged 5-7 (at a guess) running around. Now, when I was taken out to restaurants when I was that age I wouldn't dare to do that as I knew it would annoy my parents and I'd get told off. Its down to parenting, or lack of it in some cases nowadays. 

Now, I accept if I choose to grab a bite to eat in a spoonys or a hungry horse then there is a higher chance there will be noisy kids in there. Such is the gamble you take for a £4.99 gammon, egg and chips. However, if its a decent place I've had to book and I'm next to a table where the kids are making a racket beyond acceptable then I will be giving the parents a long hard stare!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

This was the question and options on a school survey regarding gender. What the hell? I know the article is a few months old but I read another story today that claims a child is being denied a bank account because you have to choose either male or female on your application form and as they don't relate to either sex then they can't fill the form in! Without sounding all Alf Garnett, what is going on with some kids nowadays? Its all pansexual cisgender males and demiqueer non-binary females now. People with too much time on their hands!

Anyway, what a load of old bullshit 

SCHOOLCHILDREN are being asked to define their gender by a list of more than 20 different terms.

Pupils at Blatchington Mill School in Brighton were given the survey as homework and asked to choose from a list of 23 terms to say how they would describe their sex.

As well as girl and boy, the list includes a catalogue of other labels - including "non-binary", "demi-boy" and "gender fluid".

Parents have described the survey as "unnecessary" and "confusing" to teenagers going through some of the most difficult years of their lives.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14236195.Brighton_school_children_asked_to_choose_from_list_of_23_terms_to_describe_their_gender/

The Argus:

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Noise pollution is noise pollution whether its off a small child or a grown man. 

Children's screams sit in a different, more irritating frequency range than an adult's.

The younger (and therefore more vulnerable) the child, the nastier it is on the ear.

i genuinely believe my daughter is from the darkest pits of hell, shes that bad.

well friday night i got pissed on <_< novelty is wearing thin now and saturday i shit myself in asda. to top it off laryngitis started to kick in on sunday and i can barely talk now.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

i genuinely believe my daughter is from the darkest pits of hell, shes that bad.

well friday night i got pissed on <_< novelty is wearing thin now and saturday i shit myself in asda. to top it off laryngitis started to kick in on sunday and i can barely talk now.

I pressed quote... Now I've no idea what to write...

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

This was the question and options on a school survey regarding gender. What the hell? I know the article is a few months old but I read another story today that claims a child is being denied a bank account because you have to choose either male or female on your application form and as they don't relate to either sex then they can't fill the form in! Without sounding all Alf Garnett, what is going on with some kids nowadays? Its all pansexual cisgender males and demiqueer non-binary females now. People with too much time on their hands!

Anyway, what a load of old bullshit 

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14236195.Brighton_school_children_asked_to_choose_from_list_of_23_terms_to_describe_their_gender/

The Argus:

All I'll say is it's a good job blur released "girls & boys" when they did.

That chorus would need serious reworking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The kids that annoy me in restaurants are the ones aged 5-7 (at a guess) running around. Now, when I was taken out to restaurants when I was that age I wouldn't dare to do that as I knew it would annoy my parents and I'd get told off. Its down to parenting, or lack of it in some cases nowadays. 

Now, I accept if I choose to grab a bite to eat in a spoonys or a hungry horse then there is a higher chance there will be noisy kids in there. Such is the gamble you take for a £4.99 gammon, egg and chips. However, if its a decent place I've had to book and I'm next to a table where the kids are making a racket beyond acceptable then I will be giving the parents a long hard stare!

totally agree. if my kids start running about anywhere where its not a play area they know about it. the wife is the laid back one although she dont let them do whatever and ive been described by her as a miliary officer because im too strict. im not that strict, i just like my kids to be disciplined and well mannered and if they aint they get dragged out by their arms.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Few questions (for clarity) :)

1. Who pissed on you? Your daughter by accident or your missus on purpose?

2. How on earth did you shit yourself? I have a chronic bowel disease and I've never shit myself, although I did come close in Starbucks once but luckily the disabled toilet was free (the frappuccino went through me like a dose of salts)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â