Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

wetherspoons, home of serious alcoholics for ages. I used to go past one on City Road here on the bus route, and the elderly gents were all there waiting for opening at 7 in the morning for the first pint of the day. Madness.

I know there's the bizarre exception to the rule : holiday airports however.

They are worse. Last thing I want on my 7.00 am flight is a pissed up stag/hen party.

I always cringe a bit when catching an early flight and the bar at the airport is packed at 7am with brits drinking. Nobody wants a beer at that time (alcoholics aside) it's a cultural thing I think... "because we can".

I bet its busier at 7am than at 7pm.

The only time I've done it is at a hotel where they leave stuff out for breakfast, like champagne for Buck's Fizz (but without the orange juice obviously), or this place in Cancun that did margarita smoothies and tequila on tap to add at your pleasure.

What pisses me off is muscly blokes who show their cleavage with those really low v-neck tops.  Bunch of clearings in the woods.

• Like 1

Genuine Facebook status. 'I can't believe that some so called friends have not liked a single picture of my newborn daughter. You really learn who your friends are at times like this.'

Pleases remove yourself from the gene pool.

Phase those people out of your life man.

• Like 1

Genuine Facebook status. 'I can't believe that some so called friends have not liked a single picture of my newborn daughter. You really learn who your friends are at times like this.'

Pleases remove yourself from the gene pool.

I take it you've defriended this person?

There was a bit in that new 'Vacation' movie where a woman attends her friend's dinner party and proceeds to complain that she hasn't liked any of her holiday photos. It's super awkward, but I didn't laugh. I thought 'that's not realistic'. Looks like I misjudged people's sense of shame. 

Yes, I read Dave Eggers' book 'The Circle' recently and found it a tad hard to accept that so many people would blindly buy into the evil company's vision of an all-consuming fully-transparent sharing culture, one that produces neurotic individuals obsessed with likes and start freaking out when they miss something, but the more time goes on the more I believe that that is exactly the type of society we are becoming.

• Like 2

Only birthdays, holidays, stag do, bank holidays, Saturdays and Sundays should you ever have a beer before midday. And sometimes Wednesdays.

Thinking about it, I do start drinking early on Christmas Day.

• Like 2

a wedding invite i got today that read after the time and date

"please dont buy us gift cards or presents for the wedding, we dont need anything as we already have our own house and utensils, however we would appreciate money towards our holiday honeymoon"

those **** are getting a toaster and be **** pleased with it. the **** cheek

• Like 3

Only birthdays, holidays, stag do, bank holidays, Saturdays and Sundays should you ever have a beer before midday. And sometimes Wednesdays.

Thinking about it, I do start drinking early on Christmas Day.

Jesus birthday, a bank holiday, and a 3/7 chance it's a Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday, ticks the appropriate boxes nicely

The number of complaints about facebook on here, at the football, in the office, it baffles me that it is still a thing. Never been on it so I can't judge it by anything other than third party feedback - and it sounds about as much fun as diabetes.

Having said that, I use twitter which lots of people think is awful, but I get out of it what I want, no more no less so I really like it.

• Like 1

a wedding invite i got today that read after the time and date

"please dont buy us gift cards or presents for the wedding, we dont need anything as we already have our own house and utensils, however we would appreciate money towards our holiday honeymoon"

those **** are getting a toaster and be **** pleased with it. the **** cheek

At first when I read that, I shared your feelings, but then I thought about it, and I don't really see what's wrong with it. What's your particular emotional investment in a toaster that you're never going to see again?

• Like 1

Â