Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Me and Bob Marley have a massive love / hate thing going on. I DJ Reggae, and very rarely play Bob if I can help it (early Marley with the Wailers maybe), but he keeps cropping up, and sometimes costing me job, Should I just forget principles, and play the word removed? 

• Like 1

Pesticides, Stop spraying it on the food we eat you bastards.

Agreed. The sooner we can get insect resistant GMO foods the better.

No reason why all food we eat can't be organic.

WHAT?!?!

WHAT?!?!

..and occasionally have to wipe or wash a little bug off something we are going to eat or reject a carrot with a worm in it? Are you crazy? Far far better to dick around with genetics in a worldwide punt that science is bang on perfectly right. Far better to bomb the fields with diluted agent orange to stop the little bugs and therefore stop the big bugs and therefore stop the birds and therefore stop natural pollination.

No, no, no, I won't be happy until all food is genetically spliced with fish and controlled by Monsanto.

• Like 1

Me and Bob Marley have a massive love / hate thing going on. I DJ Reggae, and very rarely play Bob if I can help it (early Marley with the Wailers maybe), but he keeps cropping up, and sometimes costing me job, Should I just forget principles, and play the word removed?

Where do you DJ mate? Looking for a decent reggae night.

In A to your Q, it depends on what you're trying to achieve. I wouldn't expect to hear Bob at a real dubby night, but probably would at a more reggae, rnb, open house kind of night.

..and occasionally have to wipe or wash a little bug off something we are going to eat or reject a carrot with a worm in it? Are you crazy? Far far better to dick around with genetics in a worldwide punt that science is bang on perfectly right. Far better to bomb the fields with diluted agent orange to stop the little bugs and therefore stop the big bugs and therefore stop the birds and therefore stop natural pollination.

"Dick around"? There are more changes every generation of crops caused by natural processes than from genetic modification. And no-one is testing those.

In a few years we'll be farming the bugs and worms for protein.

muesli. i find myself on this fine sunday morning staring at a bowl of joyless mush and wondering where it all went wrong; i used to eat nutella pancakes for breakfast.

I had a lovely full breakfast at a local pub this morning. Beautiful! 

No doubt you'll live longer than me but you won't be happy if you continue with muesli 

Edited by Xela

Agreed. The sooner we can get insect resistant GMO foods the better.

WHAT?!?!

WHAT?!?!

No, no, no, I won't be happy until all food is genetically spliced with fish and controlled by Monsanto.

What's your thoughts on golden rice? 

Adverts on TV

Watched Bourne Supremacy last night - great film but the adverts were so annoying. I hardly watch 'normal' TV as I tend to watch things on catch up via Now TV / Netflix. I can't see how anyone can enjoy watching commercial TV. 

Agreed. The sooner we can get insect resistant GMO foods the better.

Sure.

Are you paying for it?

No seriously, cheap, safe, reliable and available crops are a terrible idea. I don't know why on earth they thought of it in the first place.

In A to your Q, it depends on what you're trying to achieve. I wouldn't expect to hear Bob at a real dubby night, but probably would at a more reggae, rnb, open house kind of night.

Mostly in the North East, occasionally Leeds. I was in a bar last night, and got talking to the owner, who said they were looking for someone to play Reggae on a Sunday afternoon. I asked what sort of stuff they wanted playing, and she answered, "Bob Marley, that kind of thing." My heart sank a little. Will probably still take the gig though. 

Mostly in the North East, occasionally Leeds. I was in a bar last night, and got talking to the owner, who said they were looking for someone to play Reggae on a Sunday afternoon. I asked what sort of stuff they wanted playing, and she answered, "Bob Marley, that kind of thing." My heart sank a little. Will probably still take the gig though.

Well, in fairness, those gigs you could pretty much just playlist and take the money, save the more technical stuff for another venue
  • Like 1

I would take that as him not knowing any other names.

Or to put it another way, day 1, hit him with all the King Tubby, Toots, Desmond Dekker and Upsetters you can find. If you get a second gig, it's all gravy.

• Like 2

I would take that as him not knowing any other names.

Or to put it another way, day 1, hit him with all the King Tubby, Toots, Desmond Dekker and Upsetters you can find. If you get a second gig, it's all gravy.

Like it

I did the same thing last Thursday, you're in for a long day.

Are you in a position to 'nip out'. The nearest garage shop will have over priced ear bud headphones, that's how I fixed it.

Personally, I'm working from home, if you like I can put some music on and describe it to you...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â