Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Got my CV rejected by an entry level 16k shit job because 'I've jumped around with jobs'

I'm 23. I've had about 6 jobs. They said that because I started out as a tennis coach (pre-degree), then did a degree, then left my current job because of the 900 mile weekly commute and my 7 months in Poland.

I don't think getting a wide range of experience while studying is jumping around jobs.

**** recruiters.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

People say 'guesstimate'. When did it become so unfashionable to just use the word 'estimate'.

I've always assumed they are two different things. 

An estimate implies some sort of knowledge, experience or thought process whereas a guestimate is pulling figures out of ones arse. 

Ah, so a bit like a guess then?  ;)

tbf Stefan if they've got lot's of applicants, it might be just a cursory look to the work history and the "flight risk" alarm is enough for them to move on to the next one. Probably didn't even consider reasons behind it unfortunately. Suppose it all depends on the role, but maybe they just can't be arsed with the potential hassle of a rehire in a year. They might just want someone who's not looking for much progression and is content to play the same role for a while ( in which case you probably wouldn't want to be working there? )

I don't even know what I'm looking for to be honest.

My whole plan from 14 ish was to be a teacher. Now I have no clue.

I'm just applying for service desk roles at the moment, because I did it in Poland and I was good at it, in order to save some money and maybe fulfil a dream and drive coast to coast in the States.

I think what pissed me off most about it was that they said 'you know, you worked as a waiter, then as a tennis coach (which I've done on and off for 6 years), then went to uni, then to Poland and they want someone settled.

I'm 23 ffs

Got my CV rejected by an entry level 16k shit job because 'I've jumped around with jobs'

That's hardly your fault, I mean for feck's sake that's an integral part of the space-hopper quality assurance industry.

• Like 2

I don't even know what I'm looking for to be honest.

My whole plan from 14 ish was to be a teacher. Now I have no clue.

I'm just applying for service desk roles at the moment, because I did it in Poland and I was good at it, in order to save some money and maybe fulfil a dream and drive coast to coast in the States.

I think what pissed me off most about it was that they said 'you know, you worked as a waiter, then as a tennis coach (which I've done on and off for 6 years), then went to uni, then to Poland and they want someone settled.

I'm 23 ffs

But you know you were gonna do one after a few months. Recruitment is quite expensive for companies.

where I work they'll spend a few months deciding exactly what's needed, where the new recruit will work, who will mentor, what section of the business they'll work in and as a consequence what opportunity there is for others to shuffle around

there's a fee to the agency

there's in house training

then there's a candidate that's had 3 jobs in 3 years...

For the individual my advice is travel the world, get experience, live your life. But for a private company needing to make every investment count, not so attractive.

• Like 1

the world is a pain in the arse mate

I'd advise my nipper to do pretty much what you've done. She's got herself a little job for spending cash. uni next year hopefully, plans for a year out in the USA. I really want her to get some travel and experience.

For a company that has to juggle resource to make money in a tough world or lay people off that have worked there for years, you people are a nightmare!

Plenty of time, 23 is no age. I had a major career change at 25 and basically started again.

That some **** lunatic decided to stab a 57 year old woman and her 27 year old son to death in a IKEA store, just cause he wasn't allowed to stay in sweden.

And that some gangs in Malmö run around and throw handgrenades at eachother, i guess this is the new exicting sweden our politicans are talking about, Cowards the lot of them!!

People who say they have "given up on football".

I don't understand how that is even possible, aside from maybe you weren't really in to football in the first place. It's not even about the game itself really, it's about the club. How can people give up on her?

People who say they have "given up on football".

I don't understand how that is even possible, aside from maybe you weren't really in to football in the first place. It's not even about the game itself really, it's about the club. How can people give up on her?

I had a ball. Nike. All white with an orange tick. Cost £20. My first really nice leather ball. Kicking it into a small goals day after day. Occasionally it would be hit with such ferocity and poor technique it would end up in my neighbour's garden. And I'd sheepishly have to go over to reclaim it. Usually from just over the wall, but sometimes it would have made it through their trees and onto their lawn. That would be particularly embarrassing. Because naturally my neighbours would spend the majority of their waking hours watching out the window for the pale nervous child from next door with the sticky out ears and the bowl haircut to come and retrieve a ball from their garden, like David Attenborough watching a gazelle taking a drink from a watering hole. They wouldn't say anything to me, they'd just look on through the lace curtains and make snide comments, about me and my  family. I'd walk briskly but in a sort of ironic way across their lawn to get the ball, admitting that yes I do want my ball back, but also that whether I get my ball back or not is inconsequential. We're all going to die anyway and nothing matters, but for the purposes of the game I'm playing in my garden alone, I've assigned value to me getting my ball back. Just to keep the cogs turning.

One day I absolutely skied it into their trees. It got stuck up there, about 20/30 foot in the air. I tried climbing the tree, and I also tried kicking my less nice footballs at it to knock it down, but rather than lose all footballs, I eventually gave up on it. Could that be what they mean?

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â